Gold Note Donatello cart - anyone heard one?

Looking at a new cart for my LP12. I recently purchased a GN phono stage so the GN Donatello cart looks interesting. Not a lot online about it. 

It costs around $1800 and is aluminium cantilever - not sure that is value when looking at specs for say a Dynavector XX2.

Has anyone heard one that can chip in? Cheers.

2 hours ago, rodders3 said:

Looking at a new cart for my LP12. I recently purchased a GN phono stage so the GN Donatello cart looks interesting. Not a lot online about it. 

It costs around $1800 and is aluminium cantilever - not sure that is value when looking at specs for say a Dynavector XX2.

Has anyone heard one that can chip in? Cheers.

I believe @Bass13 used to have one (as well as a GN phono stage).

Andy

• Like 1

Hi 

have a Goldnote Donatello on my Michell Orbe on the end of an acoustic signature TA-2000 tonearm.  This was a combo bought second hand on stereonet last year, but I haven’t had a huge amount of listening time since

So it’s the only cartridge I have had on this combination so far.  

With that proviso it is definitely less revealing than a Delos Lyra I had about 1 year back, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing.  It tracks very well with almost no surface noise in my combo.  I would describe it as smooth but not veiled across the sound range.

i love the sound, but What percentage of the sound is due to the turntable, tonearm or cartridge to the overall sound I am not sure

• Like 2