EXPIRED: FS: ME550 MKII High Cap Power Amplifier with latest ME Power Amplifier Modifications

Item: ME550 MKII High Cap Power Amplifier with latest ME Power Amplifier modifications

Price: $1900 (plus insured delivery if required) Firm
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Don’t need two of them
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
Extra Info:

Just remembered that I purchased this as a stock standard 550 MKII - no high cap. The high capacitance kit was added when the power amp upgrades were done. So, the high cap kit is new. It was given the full treatment by Rage Audio so no need to service this wonderful amplifier for the next ten to fifteen years. Extras photos added of inside. Note the WIMA caps. 

I bought this in June 2017 from SNA. It was taken to Rage Audio to have the fan upgraded and all the latest power amplifier upgrades that apply to most ME power amps. These have been written about on SNA threads.  

The fan upgrade makes this amplifier supremely quiet and the other upgrades lifts the sound performance to another level.

Cosmetically, this amplifier is in excellent condition.

There wouldn’t be many power amplifiers in this price bracket, if any, that can outperform this. This is another one of those HiFi bargains of the century.

My powerful flashgun has made the centre sections of the panels a wee bit brighter.

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

0006.jpg

0009.jpg

0010.jpg

0012.jpg

0011.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

Edited by muzzagruzz
Extra info and photos

Hi Muzzagruzz, I have one of these and it’s a terrific amp. I’ve tried quite a few other amps in my system but could never bring myself to get rid of the ME. Out of curiosity what improvements did you notice with the latest upgrades?  Regards, Andrew

This was formerly my amp and Muzza gave it a new home and big upgrade. It was (and is) in superb cosmetic condition with not a mark on it. A couple of people saw it at my place and were blown away by it's condition. The original owner kept it in a cupboard for years and years in it's box. I never asked why but the condition reflects this.

$1900 is an absolute bargain for this amp as I know what the upgrade costs from Zaph at Rage.

@muzzagruzz  hope you don't end up regretting selling this Muzza and GLWTS

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luc said:

This was formerly my amp and Muzza gave it a new home and big upgrade. It was (and is) in superb cosmetic condition with not a mark on it. A couple of people saw it at my place and were blown away by it's condition. The original owner kept it in a cupboard for years and years in it's box. I never asked why but the condition reflects this.

$1900 is an absolute bargain for this amp as I know what the upgrade costs from Zaph at Rage.

@muzzagruzz  hope you don't end up regretting selling this Muzza and GLWTS

Thanks for chiming in Luc. I couldn't quite remember who I bought it from since I have the memory of a sieve. Yes, the upgrade was costly at about $850. Brilliant amplifier but I just don't need two of them. The second is being upgraded now to the same level as this one so at least I'll still have some ME power amplifier goodness. 

Great Pics.

Had quite a few pieces of ME gear over the years including a couple of these.

The Hi Cap version of the ME550 MKII is a sterling performer and unbeatable

at this price IMHO and IME. 

GLWTS

Note........whoever is interested in this should definitely go after the matching pre as well....:yes:

Edited by JohnL
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JohnL said:

Great Pics.

Had quite a few pieces of ME gear over the years including a couple of these.

The Hi Cap version of the ME550 MKII is a sterling performer and unbeatable

at this price IMHO and IME. 

GLWTS

Note........whoever is interested in this should definitely go after the matching pre as well....:yes:

Thanks JohnL for the compliments on the pics and your thoughts on the 550. 

• Thanks 1