Jump to content

WTB: "Musical" CD player


Grizzly

Recommended Posts

Item:
Price Range: up to 400 (ish)
Item Condition:  Used
Extra Info: I'e resigned myself to never being able to fully trust my beautiful but flawed Vimak, so have decided to hunt for a more dependable unit. I grew to love the sound of the Vimak, and the Naim CDX2 I had on loan so something of that ilk. Preference will be given to something using a Philips CDM9-Pro mechanism as I have a NOS replacement packed away (originally for the Vimak). Perhaps a Rotell RCD990?

 

Not sure at this stage how soon I may be ready to buy, but I'd love to see what's about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Guest jakeyb77
49 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Interesting, I wonder if it sounds any good?

The drive is a secondary consideration really.

Keep an eye out for a CDC. @kab had one that sounds beautiful. I don’t really notice that much between CD players but this one was astounding. Also Sony ES and Older Harman Kardons always impressed me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



3 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

D7FEE088-8216-4105-B44D-4F54E23D354E.png

 

Great list but the Burmester, EMT, Forsell, Jadis and T+A would easily be four to five figures in cost unfortunately. 

 

Bit out of Grizzly budget... ? 

Edited by aasza
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest jakeyb77
6 minutes ago, aasza said:

 

Great list but the Burmester, EMT, Forsell, Jadis and T+A would easily be four to five figures in cost unfortunately. 

 

Bit out of Grizzly budget... ? 

He sets his sights low. I like to push him to think bigger!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



16 hours ago, aasza said:

@Grizzly

 

Maybe an SNA member in NSW could collect & ship this for you ??

 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Musical-Fidelity-A3CD-24-BIT-CD-player/233112368575

If you want 'musical' for the money you are talking about then the MF A3CD player would fill the bill nicely.

 

cheers Terry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TerryO said:

If you want 'musical' for the money you are talking about then the MF A3CD player would fill the bill nicely.

 

cheers Terry

I will gladly second that motion. Fantastic sound for the money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, aasza said:

@Grizzly

 

Maybe an SNA member in NSW could collect & ship this for you ??

 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Musical-Fidelity-A3CD-24-BIT-CD-player/233112368575

@Grizzly.

 

You won't buy better than this. I am sure you have mates in Sydney who could inspect and collect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
To Top