Looking for reviews of DC X63

robmid

Hi.

I am a past DC X Gen 4 kit customer and have recently moved over to DIY hybrid ER Audio mini ESL's which give me great pleasure.

My DC Xs served me well for about 4 years but are now with another happy owner.

I have been trying to find some serious user reviews of the DC X63s but can't find any. Do you know where I can find some? There are a lot of DC X reviews around.

Thanks,

Cheers, Rob

Thanks for that.

I have checked out everything I could find online, but it looks like the last stock has been sold.

So, I will stick with my ESL's that all of a sudden sound better ...after some more tweaks. Although they aren't in the race with my Pink Floyd LP's which I enjoyed so much with DC-XGen 4 and OTL valve amp a while back.

Cheers,

Rob

• 1 year later...

Do we know why the DC-X63's were discontinued in this case? Is there a new model coming or are large speakers in that size/price category just not selling well anymore?

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a dramatic slowing of demand for large sub $5k floor standing speakers over the last few years, we found it harder and harder to keep the price down until it became unsustainable. Ironically as soon as we decided to stop them, we had more demand than ever and did two 'last' runs. But we'd already told the driver supplier we were stopping them and they discontinued the baskets. With a lot of development in the signature range and the new smaller DC's - we're turning attention back to a new DC-X soon. :)

• Like 4

@VAF

i must have contributed to that last flurry of demand.  And often when enjoying the listening I would find myself revisiting the webpage for the x63s looking through the specs and technologies. understandably the page has now been retired.

However am I able to get a cut of this page - a pdf print to file or a one-off link to an isolated URL, so I can keep a local cut of the details on hand? 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

On 20/03/2020 at 12:12 PM, wasabijim said:

@VAF

i must have contributed to that last flurry of demand.  And often when enjoying the listening I would find myself revisiting the webpage for the x63s looking through the specs and technologies. understandably the page has now been retired.

However am I able to get a cut of this page - a pdf print to file or a one-off link to an isolated URL, so I can keep a local cut of the details on hand? 

Cheers! 

Drop us an email and we can send you through some info no problems, 

Cheers!

Simon

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 12/03/2020 at 8:39 PM, VAF said:

There's been a dramatic slowing of demand for large sub $5k floor standing speakers over the last few years, we found it harder and harder to keep the price down until it became unsustainable. Ironically as soon as we decided to stop them, we had more demand than ever and did two 'last' runs. But we'd already told the driver supplier we were stopping them and they discontinued the baskets. With a lot of development in the signature range and the new smaller DC's - we're turning attention back to a new DC-X soon. :)

@VAF, out of interest how’s your attention towards a new DC-X going?

cheers,

Andrew

• Like 1

Hi Andrew,  we've been doing some R&D on the DCX replacement. Still a work in progress however. Wont be anything in the lineup this year at this stage. 

Cheers,

Simon

• Like 1