Koffee not on DAB+ in Melbourne

ron12

Is this happening anywhere else?  I was tuning past some DAB+ stations this morning went past Koffee, but the music sounded more like Smoth FM.  In fact there were occasional announcements for Smooth FM, but they were for Smooth 95.3, i.e. Sydney not Melbourne.  They also had the occasional ad, again Sydney related.   It wasn't a rebroadcast of Smooth 95.3 itself.  This afternoon it's still the same.

Koffee is still on the internet though, so what's going on?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Re 'Stuart in the Hills' - not happy here either. Was very happy with Koffee playing on our kitchen/living room DAB radio as background during waking hours.

Very disappointed.

Unable to play the same via the App.

On 08/09/2019 at 5:47 PM, groovem said:

I listened to it too and it is now rubbish. It is now just a soft pop station. Chill used to be SBS Chill. It still sounds okay.

Chill is still an SBS station and, despite a fairly limited playlist, is still great downtempo background music.  I have it on all day in the office and almost every time I go to mute it when people come for a meeting they ask me to leave it on.  I just turn it down a bit now.  ?

Hi All,

We live in Melbourne and we are very glad that koffee has been took off digital radio and has been replaced by the new "Smooth Relax" digital radio station.They are playing great easy listening tracks,much better in our opinion that what Koffee was playing and i really love listening to this new station.

I love this new "sister" station from Smooth FM and it's more like the original Smooth FM when it launched and used to play mostly easy listening tracks and not many modern day chart hits.We love listening to easy listening music and don't like modern day chart music so I am so happy that Smooth Relax has launched and hopefully it stays on air for a really long time and heaps of people start listening to it.

If people are unhappy with koffee been taken off air,maybe the digital station called Edge could be permanently taken off air and Koffee brought back to replace this while Smooth Relax continues to still be on air.

my favourite song is called 'High" by Lighthouse Family,it's a great easy listening song from the 90s and the old 3MP radio station in Melbourne used to regularly play this track for me but unfortunately they aren't on air anymore.I really hope that Smooth Relax starts playing this track regularly as i love hearing it played on the radio.

Please reply here if you have anything to say about this comment.

From Jono and ben

The day the music died. RIP Koffee. As Joni Mitchell once said: "You don't know what you've got till it's gone". You soothed my soul and chilled me out at the end of the day. Thanks to the peeps that laboured long and hard  to create and produce this wonderful radio station with it's different, interesting and chilled music content. RIP Koffee.

Does anyone know of an equivalent? I am having withdrawals.

Cheers

M

On 08/09/2019 at 5:47 PM, groovem said:

I listened to it too and it is now rubbish. It is now just a soft pop station. Chill used to be SBS Chill. It still sounds okay.

Smooth relax simply does not compare to Koffee!!  Just another pop station. Buddha is closest but not as good.

Agree  - very annoyed Koffee is gone from DAB in car - was the only decent radio station to listen to around town in Melbourne. Chill (SBS) is ok but just not the same. Smooth Relax which has taken Koffee's channel is ordinary and dumbed down oldy worldy easy listening crap. So disappointed. Bring back Koffee - please!

dmr