TIVOLI AUDIO ONE RADiO AS NEW SIMPLE CLEAN DESIGN THAT WORKS

Item: TIVOLI AUDIO Radio PINE ( LIGHT WOOD) ATTRACTIVE BOX FOR KITCHEN OR OFFICE ETC  ALL IN ONE RADIO SPEAKER WITH AUX INPUT AND HEADPHONES- ULTIMATE RETRO LITTLE SYSTEM-Great - SOUND QUALITY.,
Price: $175 firm when I bought from Frank Prowse Hifi it was closer to $400 AS UNUSED FOR MORE FOR WIFE FOR KITCHEN THAN 3 HOURS USE THEN PART OF CLEAN UP OF EXCESS EQUIPMENT
Item Condition: PERFECT GIVE IT A WIPE AND GO. ACTUALLY SMALL SCRATCH ON TUNER DIAL THAT I JUST NOTED PICKING UP
Reason for selling: DONT NEED OR USE=EVER USED, DONT HAVE BOX BUT  WILL PACK UP PERFECTLY FOR FREIGHT WHICH WOULD BE ABOUT $3O AT A GUESS ITS SMALL BUT HEAVY FOR SIZE
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal AS FREIND BANK , COD Only VAN PACK AND POST AT BUYERS EXPENSE.
Extra Info: it's JUST A NICE LITTLE THING.

Tivoli Audio Model One table-top radio

This Tivoli table-top radio has wonderful sound quality and is well constructed

Tivoli Audio Model One

• Tivoli Audio Model One
  • Tivoli Audio Model One
  • Tivoli Audio Model One
  • Expert Rating4.50 / 5

Pros

• Great full-range speaker, room-filling sound, static-free FM tuner

Cons

• We wish there was a DAB+ version

Bottom Line

The Tivoli Audio Model One table-top radio has a brilliant speaker, great looks and a wonderful FM tuner. It's simple and well built, and it's the best table-top radio we've ever heard. We're salivating for the DAB+ version.

Actual pics below in nice beach pine colour.

The Tivoli Audio Model One is a table-top FM radio with a single full-range 3in speaker. It's not a particularly advanced radio, lacking DAB+ and any audio streaming features, but it has the best FM tuner we've heard in a radio this size and offers fantastic audio quality.

The design of the Tivoli Audio Model One is exceptional. The wooden case is thick, and a variety of finishes are available. The front panel is simply laid out: there's a volume dial, a switch for FM, AM and auxiliary inputs, and a geared-down AM/FM tuning dial for precise adjustment. The dials and switches feel precise and lend the radio a sense of quality and careful workmanship.

Switching on the Tivoli Audio Model One for the first time, we were expecting good-but not great quality audio. The radio uses the same full-range driver design that we've heard in the recent batch of digital radios such as the OXX Digital Classic DAB+ and the Pure ONE Classic. After putting these radios head to head, however, the difference is night and day. The Model One has a room-filling sound that is rich and warm, without overpowering higher frequencies. Treble detail when listening on-axis is impressive, with fine musical details captured from high quality sources (we used Apple Lossless audio through an Apple iPhone 3GS). A downward firing bass port helps the 3in driver create surprising amounts of expansive mid-bass, which is balanced and impressive throughout the volume range.

Apart from the excellent speaker, the other aspect of the Tivoli Audio Model One that shines through is its excellent FM tuner. Inside a building with several walls between it and open air, the Model One picked up all the stations we searched for, and was consistently static-free and clear even when using the internal aerial. With a dial that makes minute adjustments easy, it's a breeze to select the right station in crowded airwaves.

The Tivoli Audio Model One is a brilliant table-top radio. If you look at it dispassionately, it's expensive and an outdated product. However it has great build quality and excellent sound quality, and its design ensures it feel great to use — making it a product we couldn't help but love. We're keen to see a DAB+ digital radio version when it arrives.

Pictures:

IMG_7489.jpg

IMG_7487.jpg

Edited by Eagleeyes
updated images and text and big screw up on price

1 hour ago, Batty said:

Great little table radio, I have had one for over 10 years.

thanks everyone i must stop posting after a beer or two or get glasses or both --yes 250 and yes they are bullet proof little radios. Apologies

• Like 1

I thought the white anting message had been made LOUD AND CLEAR

It would be a good idea to read Classifieds policy before putting fingers to keypad

Edited by mach1
  • Like 1

This is very good have been told that you can buy new at the same price so will knock off a bit or put back on the kitchen bench for the family to listen to, I personally can not believe the quality at the price.

50 minutes ago, Eagleeyes said:

This is very good have been told that you can buy new at the same price so will knock off a bit or put back on the kitchen bench for the family to listen to, I personally can not believe the quality at the price.

Perhaps look up the current new price on Google, then edit your original post to indicate the price you will accept for it, to make it less confusing for potential buyers.

GLWTS.

I did and have changed price and briefly researched and copied a well known listing which says $349 last night, did not bother to check out if the product was on sale anywhere as it cost me close to 400 bucks new, so thought my quick reference was in line with market, have since dropped price twice to $175, Apologies to anyone who felt misled, however, the originally listed mistake asking price was $2250 overnight so all in all a bit of a balls up.

Edited by Eagleeyes
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

its an excellent fm /am radio with auxiliary inputs for you to add in any extra inputs and a headphone jack

but it does not seem to have an alarm or time adjustment dial or mode,.

its just taking up space so clearing space

i don't think it's even played an entire song on it to date  so far cheers Adam

Edited by Eagleeyes