Speaker impedance

nzlowie

Hi guys

My mid range horn only has a hi pass filter at 450hz, so below this the impedance goes sky high. Should I use an lpad on the input to this xover section to balance out the impedance.

XSIM shows a low value series resistor won't kill the gain but it does even out the impedance. Bass is active so not connected to this xover.

image.thumb.png.25795afefa43777e23743040c03e43f2.png

Edited by nzlowie

I would say not in my opinion. High impedances relative to the baseline are not a problem unlike low impedances. Adding more components in my experience tends to degrade the sound even if it corrects the numbers.

• Like 1

Cheers, I just thought about what the amp was driving but as you say hi impedance is better than low. Some of the other impedance graphs I've seen have some really hi levels at various points. The xovers I had for the BMS coaxials had some really hi levels right through the main listening frequency, this is the response for my Yamaha 6681b drivers and 2nd order xover. No tweeter at this stage but they do sound so sweet...... Don't know why I'd revisit these earlier. But, the coaxial was so easy to mount.