Guest Misterioso
SOLD

Item: Meitner MA-1 digital to analog converter
Price: SOLD
Item Condition: Unmarked condition, perfectly working
Reason for selling: Mola Mola Makua preamp with DAC
Payment Method: Cash on pickup, paypal (+3%), bank transfer
Extra Info:

I am selling my Meitner MA-1 (v1) digital to analog converter (DAC). The MA-1 was designed by Ed Meitner and manufactured in Canada. It is Roon-tested. The latest version (v2) of this DAC retails for $10,000! An upgrade from v1 to v2 is possible but certainly not required: v1 already sounds stunning! The MA-1 comes in its original box with all accessories included. The DAC was bought from Pure Music Group in Melbourne. I am happy to ship the DAC in its sturdy original box at buyer's expense and risk. The dimensions of the box are 28.5cm x 58.5cm x 54.5cm. The gross weight is about 11kg.

Pictures:

20180617-JI5_1373.thumb.jpg.56e4bf83093338e36f715e7557a0b55c.jpg20180617-JI5_1375.thumb.jpg.9455fb16e4ea046c315172c7967dd2a4.jpg20180617-JI5_1377.thumb.jpg.aac79f63c68f5b1abfa3fe3427595a47.jpg20180617-JI5_1378.thumb.jpg.5b4a53055cec2928415da14c556dd66e.jpg20180617-JI5_1405.thumb.jpg.823d57d2b9b9b6c31cb396b8e8538e03.jpg

Edited by Misterioso

Guest Misterioso
34 minutes ago, Mr Mobius said:

Hi.  I have one of these and really like it.  What are you replacing it with - and what system is it in?

Mola Mola Makua. My aim was to reduce the box count. Makua replaced preamp, phono stage and DAC in my system. I run the Makua directly into active speakers.

I've often thought of doing the same - then just shifted the whole system except speakers through to the next room and put the cables through the wall.  This said - there is a Daniel Hertz (made my the actual Mr Mark Levinson) USB DAC/pre M6L combo for sale in NZ that could replace my Concert Fidelity pre and MA1 DAC.  However I still need my tank-sized power (I have Harbeth speakers) and a source (I use an an Antipodes DX).  What are you using as a source - and what powered speakers do you have?

• Like 1

Guest Misterioso

I am puzzled. What am I doing wrong? Why is this still here? This is by far the cheapest MA-1 worldwide. 

Edited by Misterioso

39 minutes ago, Plattenspieler said:

I am puzzled. What am I doing wrong? Why is this still here? This is by far the cheapest MA-1 worldwide. 

Price drop to $2750 firm until Sunday. Then I will remove this ad.

Absolutely nothing, try again in one month to repost the advertisement, but do keep this one and the price that you think is appropriate, not someone else. Sometimes thing go here in afew minutes others take abit longer, be patient.

Neo

1 hour ago, Plattenspieler said:

Price drop to $2750 firm until Sunday. Then I will remove this ad.

Don't panic, it's a very slow market at the moment.

I'm sure the right buyer will be along in due time as this really is a great DAC !! :) 

Anyone looking to purchase a DAC in this price range should really check further this DAC.

At this price this is too cheap, especially if someone was after the new model - you can upgrade this Dac easily as this is a locally purchased Dac from Pure Music Group. This is an excellent sounding dac.  I think just wait and relist.  If you list it on eBay at a 10% premium I would expect you will get a lot more interest, SNA is a very small market.