Jump to content

Lens Cover for Entry Level JVC's


Recommended Posts

Hi All.

 

I just mounted my X35 on the ceiling. I have 2.75m high ceilings. Do I need to use the lens cover each time I finish with it? Or only if I'm not going to use it for like a month? Reason I ask is I need a ladder each time to reach it lol.

 

Thanks,

K.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



19 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Hi All.

 

I just mounted my X35 on the ceiling. I have 2.75m high ceilings. Do I need to use the lens cover each time I finish with it? Or only if I'm not going to use it for like a month? Reason I ask is I need a ladder each time to reach it lol.

 

Thanks,

K.

I ran mine 3+ years without one. from what I understand the cover is really only provided for when transporting the unit. so I would just pack the cover away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



11 minutes ago, Steam said:

I Like the automatic lens cover on my old  X3. Helps to keep the dust out.  Do any of the current JVC have this feature?  

ones above base model do. my x7000 does. as does the x9000 model above it

 

though pretty cool in operation, its actually one more thing to fail :D

 

on my old epson i had while before was the one thing that once failed ! meaning a trip in to repair and back. turned out was just a sensor failure rather than the actuator more and assembly itself. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, :) al said:

ones above base model do. my x7000 does. as does the x9000 model above it

 

though pretty cool in operation, its actually one more thing to fail :D

 

on my old epson i had while before was the one thing that once failed ! meaning a trip in to repair and back. turned out was just a sensor failure rather than the actuator more and assembly itself. 

 

 

On your old X35 did you do any maintenance with the lens?  I just dust the lens itself once a year with a soft make-up brush...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kaynin said:

 

 

On your old X35 did you do any maintenance with the lens?  I just dust the lens itself once a year with a soft make-up brush...

just the odd dust with feather duster as with the rest of the projector. honestly with optics way they work the odd little touch of dust building up doesnt actually effect in scheme of things :)

 

main key maintenance thats a must is the filter ... more important to not forget that :D 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Al,

 

I have a slight issue with alignment I think. Not sure if it's the screen or projector.

 

It's more obvious on scope content.

 

Picture here:

 

QtLprrd.jpg

 

F2tgEwf.png

 

You can see the top black bar has a ever so slight downhill slope from left to right. Any ideas on the issue? I have a Peerless PRV UNV ceiling mount. The bottom black bar seems to be ok to the naked eye.

 

Thanks,

K.

Edited by k3nnis888
Link to comment
Share on other sites



The projector isn't mounted so the beam is at right angles to the screen (perhaps the lens isn't perfectly centred on the screen) plus you've got it tilted off level to partly compensate (that's why the bottom of the image is level). Turn the projector to the right and then level the projector until you've got a good rectangular image. It doesn't matter if the image is off the screen a bit - you then use horizontal (and if needed vertical) lens shift to move it back to where it belongs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Thanks quark. I will have a look tonight and check if the bottom also have the same issue or not. If not then probably just roll?

If there's an identical slope on the bottom of the image, yes you probably just need to turn the projector.

 

The key principles are to keep the projector level both front to back and side to side, then have the centre of the beam at right angles to the screen. As mentioned above, when you have a perfectly rectangular image the alignment is right. Then use lens shift as needed to get the image perfectly placed on the screen.

 

Don't, under any circumstances, use keystone adjustments. If you have already used them, reset to zero.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, k3nnis888 said:

Thanks quark. I will have a look tonight and check if the bottom also have the same issue or not. If not then probably just roll?

also keep on mind its quite possible your screen isnt perfectly level either wiht the wall. I was once told while engineers work to thous' of an inch... builders and chippies that build houses work to plus or minus an INCH :D so quite possible the house is out a bit. the wall the screen is on isnt flat / perpendicular. might have a very slight lean one way or other. also possible the screen itself as a very slight warp or slack.

 

if the deviation is just the very slightly out. I wouldnt bother too much as you want a touch of the picture in the masking anyhow. but yes certainly if obvious and can adjust for it at the mount would do as quark has suggested. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks al. Just tried to align it tonight and can’t get it perfect. The installer did say my walls aren’t perfect. So you’re probably right there. Not much I can do ? Just cop it?:)

 

and i I used full lens shift :) 

 

also is the lens shift shift range of the x35 the same as say a 5900,7900,9900? Or do the newer models give a touch more lens shift?

Edited by k3nnis888
Link to comment
Share on other sites



52 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Thanks al. Just tried to align it tonight and can’t get it perfect. The installer did say my walls aren’t perfect. So you’re probably right there. Not much I can do ? Just cop it?:)

 

and i I used full lens shift :) 

If it’s just very slight I wouldn’t worry about it. Yeah my house isn’t level ! Out slightly reminded by spirit level each time use one. What else do but cop it :) it’s a reason they provide the masking they do on screens :)

 

lens shifts on jvc I found same x35 to x7000

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You may need to slightly loosen the 3 screws that connect the mount to the adjustable arms in order to turn the projector if you are a perfectionist. Good to hear you only used lens shift and weren't seduced by the dark side of the keystone!!! :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. Haha yeah whatever I did I ain’t gonna use keystone haha. I’m at maximum vertical lens shift. The installer did not use the pole that I had. My screen is 690mm from the floor. I have 2750 ceilings. Just made it with zoom and vertical shift. Using the peerless prg unv mount.

 

do you guys have a tv tuner/pvr  for your projectors? If so which one do you use?

Edited by k3nnis888
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Thanks guys. Haha yeah whatever I did I ain’t gonna use keystone haha. I’m at maximum vertical lens shift. The installer did not use the pole that I had. My screen is 690mm from the floor. I have 2750 ceilings. Just made it with zoom and vertical shift. Using the peerless prg unv mount.

 

do you guys have a tv tuner/pvr  for your projectors? If so which one do you use?

I use a fetch mighty. got given one by optus and bought another one from HN for bedroom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, :) al said:

I use a fetch mighty. got given one by optus and bought another one from HN for bedroom.

 

Ok thanks. 

 

Al, can I ask what settings did you use for your x35 when you had it?

 

film mode, natural or cinema?

i find cinema dark?

 

also hdmi, did you use standard, enhanced or super white?

 

and Color space? Standard, wide or off?

 

also lens aperture? Or can you point me to a site with the x35 best settings :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites



13 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Ok thanks. 

 

Al, can I ask what settings did you use for your x35 when you had it?

chris,

 

can follow my thread here when had it and got setup, too far back for me to say off top of my head.

 

 

lens aperture you need to setup with a light meter, no real other ways away from that so end up 14-16fc at centre :)

 

similarly have to use a test disc of sorts to set brightness and contrast. colour can do by eye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Quark said:

You may need to slightly loosen the 3 screws that connect the mount to the adjustable arms in order to turn the projector if you are a perfectionist. Good to hear you only used lens shift and weren't seduced by the dark side of the keystone!!! :)

 

Hi quark,

 

i may do do this if I really get annoyed haha. But so far I’m ok for the slight trade off. But good to know. Is this adjusting the yaw?

 

also I’m using full lens shift. Is that an issue? Hope not. Better than keystone! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...
To Top