3 DeAgostini Japanese Reissue Jazz LP Box Sets

Guest Y B

Item: 3 DeAgostini Japanese Reissue Jazz LP Box Sets
Price: $80 each
Item Condition: Mint
Reason for selling: Surplus
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer Only
Extra Info:

I come across these box sets during my last visit to Tokyo. I did not know about these releases so I presumed they were reissued specifically for the Japanese market. All three of them come in an open back box with two thick cardboards sandwiching the actual LP with the original cover. They also come with an 8-page booklet all in Japanese and white poly-lined inner sleeve. Good for those who can read. 

I presume these are pretty rare as I could only find them in one shop. The Disk Union in Shimokitazawa. I am sure I had the last copies of these albums, there were two other albums which I forgot what they were. I did a Google search when I got home. There seems to be a similar reissue in the UK but I again presume, they are without the lovely Japanese packaging. You might be able to find these box sets in other Japanese cities though.

Although Made in the EU and pressed by MPO, DeAgostini seems to have been really cautious about these Japanese reissues, or re-package. The SQ is brilliant like the best of Japanese pressings with dark and inky noise floor. It is pristine sounding but with more doses of warmth.

I have compared the Mingus Ah Um with my 45 rpm Analogue Productions pressing, the Out To Lunch with my 45 rpm Music Matters Jazz pressing. I do not have a copy of Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto to compare with but all three of them stand proudly in the same sonic category. They are almost all completely silent without any surface noise... Unfortunately, there is ONE medium loud pop on Side A track 4 of Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto, Desafinado. The other two records though are completely silent...

Out To Lunch was a real surprise, it turned out to be a mono pressing rather than stereo like the other two. The closest album I have to compare it with is the Sonny Rollins' Saxophone Colossus 200g Analogue Productions and it is just as brilliant sounding! Certainly, a real stand out in SQ amongst the three.

Currently selling as a package, happy to split if there are takers for each of them, $80 each. Will post, please send me your postcode for correct shipping fee. Will only send with Signature on Delivery though, So will add $2.95 to the shipping fee. I would hate to see these get lost.

Pictures:

JazzLPCollection-01.jpg.cf76aa90e3ff8af0e2e322cb9d8bca43.jpgJazzLPCollection-02.jpg.7392fcbdd84983911455664dc37d608d.jpgJazzLPCollection-07.jpg.d6c5d3f53ec5b8181edc3af0aaba7a79.jpg

Edited by Y B

• 2 weeks later...