• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By scuzzii
      Ok Folks

things have been happening on the system front.  Getting to the last mile of the upgrade path but what a stunning upgrade it is.

Stuart from @SGR Audio has been awesome to deal with.  And the quality of workmanship is second to none IMO - both on Speakers and these racks.  I had inspected them last December but still when I was unboxing them yesterday, my jaw dropped on just how stunning these look in the flesh. If you are in the market, pls contact Stuart and talk about his range.  Just a brilliant piece of kit.  Check out the pics for the packing as well.  Everything is top shelf, he's has left nothing to chance.

link for the rack I chose:
      Model V Statement High End Hi-Fi equipment rack | SGR Audio

The design is very well thought out and you can see that when assembling them.  Very easy and the quality smacks you in the face.  These are serious racks!!

So, as usual, call my mate Greg to help.  Because frankly, if anyone can confuse each other it is @Doppelganger and me.  But we got through without confusion (relatively speaking at least - only 1 phone call to Stuart).   Thanks Greg for helping carry out the old Cabinet (it was heavier than I recall.....  about 60kgs), so tracking up the back steps to take it upstairs was an exercise..  

Then onto the assembly:  all done in about an hour I reckon.  And yes, it was a race to see who could finish theirs first.  Photo finish..

I played a few albums yesterday and last night.  The SQ has certainly been uplifted.  Music and bottom end has been cleaned up.  Much more open sound (even though i thought it was open and immersive before).  Very Pleased with the purchase and look forward to playing all my favourite albums again to here the layers of sound I wasn't getting before.  And once again, the CH2s from @cheekyboy reveal the upgrade.

to the pics (from phone)

• By Ron12
      There is an article in The Guardian that says that Sky News is being dumped from WIN and that they'll be carrying Nine channels from July.

Does that mean that WIN and Southern  Cross are doing another affiliation swap, and Nine and Ten channels and programs are swapping back around to WIN and Southern Cross/3rd channel again??

Until 1 July 2016, WIN carried Nine content and Southern Cross or the shared third digital commercial channel carried Ten content.  Then they swapped around, except.

Northern NSW/SE Queensland was and is the exception, where NBN is owned by Nine and so Southern Cross carries Ten programs and channels.
    • By Wampy1234
      Item: SGR Audio custom 15" ported subwoofer
      Price: $750 firm
      Item Condition: Some chips & scratches on the cabinet from being moved between houses, otherwise subwoofer is in perfect working order.
      Reason for selling: Unsuitable room in the new house
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, PayPal
      Extra Info: 
      Exodus Tempest-X Driver
      SGR-501 Subwoofer Plate Amplifier
      SGR-SV15 15" ported subwoofer box
      Corner design with matt black texture finish.
      Dimensions: 58W x 58D x 110H (corner design)

Pictures: 

• By Ron12
      Sky News on WIN is coming to WIN TV Ch83 (53 in Northern NSW) later this year.

https://www.itwire.com/development/83053-australian-news-channel-announces-playout-agreement-with-mediahub-australia.html
    • By Wampy1234
      Item: SGR Audio custom 15" ported subwoofer
      Price: $1600
      Item Condition: Some chips & scratches on the cabinet from being moved between houses, otherwise subwoofer is in perfect working order.
      Reason for selling: Unsuitable room in the new house and don't watch as many movies these days.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, PayPal
      Extra Info: 
      Exodus Tempest-X Driver
      SGR-501 Subwoofer Plate Amplifier
      SGR-SV15 15" ported subwoofer box
      Corner design with matt black texture finish.
      Dimensions: 58W x 58D x 110H (corner design)

Pictures: Pics updated

Edit reason: Added dimensions and a price drop!