Epson Tw 6100, 6100W, 8100, 9100, 9100W Owners Thread

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1353921804' post='1848080]

hehe try about $6.5k for a 100" and thats reduced nearly $9k !

http://www.homecinem...TION SCREENS 9

I would suggest anyone thinking of one to check out in person though as not something found to my liking. One of the BP stores I visited once had one, not sure they still deal with them or not.

Damn, I must of seen a 87" one then LMAO!. This is almost as bad as Monster cables lol.....but this screen does work but is it 9k better?.....I doubt it.

Guest T_double_U

Can't seem to get my 6100 to play 3D demo's from the HDD through the WD SMP,works fine when playing a 3D blu-ray on the PS3 though.

Is this normal?

Guest T_double_U

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1353923472' post='1848093]

didnt think the wd media player can play 3D ? you sure it actually can ?

Just tried it on the old Samsung no problems.

Also having trouble with the wireless HDMI,2.5m from the transmitter to the the projector with a clear line of sight and the orange LED just blinks but when it does connect the signal strength sits around 40%.

tried the 3D settings on the projector ? what is the 3D format ? is it passing through anything else or direct to projector. the wireless hdmi sounds pretty odd if behaving like that.. mine was around 5m from projector and even if not line of sight worked fine. not sure why its light is blinking and why signal is so low. probably worth consulting the manual :)

I had my heart set on the new JVCs but it seems they still haven't got their act together with 3d - duller and more crosstalk than others.

I've also been looking at the Sony HW50, but it seems it's going to be very hard to buy here at a good price - big picture people are the exclusive store in Melbourne.

The Epson at the group buy price seems like it's the best bang for the buck overall. What are everyone's impressions of the image quality on the 8100/9100?

The main concerns I have are:

Overall PQ - are people happy with the image quality?

Gaming lag - I'm just a casual gamer (e.g. Uncharted, Mass Effect, single player FPS) - will the 60ms delay likely be acceptable?

Panel convergence - I've seen some pretty bad pics on the AVS forum, how many people have bad convergence and does it impact overall PQ

What are overall impressions? For those who have bought, what complaints do you have?

Would greatly appreciate feedback as I keep swaying between the 9100, x35 and HW50. Both x35 and HW50 have downsides which is making it hard to justify the premiums.

Edited by cinemanfan123

cinemafan, the 9100 is the real deal. a great bang for buck and all rounder 2D/3D. saw the 9100 the other week and from what can see its pretty similar to the 9000 with the benefit of 3D RF glasses. You seen a 9000 in person havent you, though you were the one brought your 7000 to one of our gtgs. notice your selling your pana pj ? I wouldnt personally sell it as its a pretty decent pj really. your going to loose a fair bit and I for one cant see the loss youd bare equating to that much improvement and additional cost your going to have to shell out to move to any of the other pjs mentioned.

Hi guys,

Lately Ive noticed some weird coloration from a distance from my screen and Im pretty sure it's the convergence as Ive posted some pics on AVS and it looks like it hasnt got very good Convergence.

Ive sent some pics to Epson as they made a case for it and requested some pictures but when I send them the pics it rejects that particular email with attatchments.

Here are the pics anyway....the HTTYD green lines on the bottom of the screen just before the black bars, I can actually see them in my seating position which is around 3.5m away from the screen and its getting quite annoying :(.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=121608entry1850930

Bud, that misconvergence is excessive. If you've had it less than a fortnight, would just return to Matt as a DOA, rather than deal with Epson. Up to you whether to try another TW9000 or consider a W7000 - that's one thing I like about single chip DLP, no convergence issues.

If it's too late for a DOA, then put the pics on Photobucket and send Epson a link. Is it worse when cold, or warmed up? Often tends to be worse when warmed up.

Edited by Quark

Yes thats bad convergence, green looks like its a full pixel out vertically and a bit less horizontal. If its consistent over the whole screen it should be pretty much be correctable with adjustment. However if the error varies over the screen the light engine will need replacement which means a replacement projector.

If you cant send an email with attachments just email the link to the photos you posted here

Hi guys,

Lately Ive noticed some weird coloration from a distance from my screen and Im pretty sure it's the convergence as Ive posted some pics on AVS and it looks like it hasnt got very good Convergence.

Ive sent some pics to Epson as they made a case for it and requested some pictures but when I send them the pics it rejects that particular email with attatchments.

Here are the pics anyway....the HTTYD green lines on the bottom of the screen just before the black bars, I can actually see them in my seating position which is around 3.5m away from the screen and its getting quite annoying :(.

http://www.dtvforum....8

Yes definitely speak to Matt about classifying it as a DOA if you have had it only a few weeks. You shouldn't have to put up with a brand new PJ being repaired instead of replaced.

Bud, that misconvergence is excessive. If you've had it less than a fortnight, would just return to Matt as a DOA, rather than deal with Epson. Up to you whether to try another TW9000 or consider a W7000 - that's one thing I like about single chip DLP, no convergence issues.

If it's too late for a DOA, then put the pics on Photobucket and send Epson a link. Is it worse when cold, or warmed up? Often tends to be worse when warmed up.

Hey mate,

Ive tried leaving it for over an hour and there is no difference in Convergence. Fortnight would of been yesterday so it is one day over a fortnight you reckon Matt might care? Hope not :(

Hey Owen,

I did that but to view the photos you need to be a member of DTV. Ive uploaded them to imageshack yesterday and sent the links.

Cheers!

Yes thats bad convergence, green looks like its a full pixel out vertically and a bit less horizontal. If its consistent over the whole screen it should be pretty much be correctable with adjustment. However if the error varies over the screen the light engine will need replacement which means a replacement projector.

If you cant send an email with attachments just email the link to the photos you posted here

BTW - It is consistent over the whole screen as I ran a Grid pattern and it was the same all around. Epson has blocked the LCD allign feature on the AUS epson projectors......where other regions in the world have it enabled. Not sure why but yeah....sucks major balls.

Spoke to Matt, said to speak to Epson since Ive already sent the pics. He said it will most likely be a swap over for sure. Just waiting for Epson to get back to me now.

Would have thought would have done a DOA as only one day over the fortnight.

Very surprised that he won't.

This is the reply that I am getting from Epson.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sending in those pictures, looks like there is a slight convergence with one of the LCD panels but this can be adjusted. Generally we consider 1 pixel convergence to be within spec as this doesn't affect image quality from an ideal viewing distance( 1.2 x the width of th screen) . In your case it is clearly visible from this distance.

We would like to correct this issue for you. We can pick up the unit and perform the adjustment and courier it back to you.

Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with this.

Thanks and Regards.

Epson Projector Support.

:(

This is the reply that I am getting from Epson.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sending in those pictures, looks like there is a slight convergence with one of the LCD panels but this can be adjusted. Generally we consider 1 pixel convergence to be within spec as this doesn't affect image quality from an ideal viewing distance( 1.2 x the width of th screen) . In your case it is clearly visible from this distance.

We would like to correct this issue for you. We can pick up the unit and perform the adjustment and courier it back to you.

Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with this.

Thanks and Regards.

Epson Projector Support.

:(

don't be sad, they come and pick it up and will adjust to alleviate problem.

Really can't ask for more than that as a new one may not be as good as an adjusted one!

don't be sad, they come and pick it up and will adjust to alleviate problem.

Really can't ask for more than that as a new one may not be as good as an adjusted one!

That is true, just heard that they just use the software lcd allign option and dont actually align the 3 panels mechanically. Which can give less resolution....but I dont think id notice either way.

We will see I guess.

Edited by buddhamus

They messaged me back saying instead of repair and it's within the 14 days. They will DOA....went to Matts store soon as I found out and dropped off the old PJ and got a new unit. Will report back tonight! :)

Cross your fingers for me guys lol.

They messaged me back saying instead of repair and it's within the 14 days. They will DOA....went to Matts store soon as I found out and dropped off the old PJ and got a new unit. Will report back tonight! :)

Great result mate and the correct solution. Ridiculous that they would not replace, so good of Epson to come through. Good luck with the new one.

Excellent news

It is great news. But too bad there is still a lot of Convergance on this new one....maybe a tiny bit less but there is still that green line down the bottom. I have tried not using lens shift as I know that can increase CA and Convergance and it looks like its all still there. My wife even notices it!! WTF!!!

I shall post some pics of the new one.