The Sound Of Music

I picked one up today at Big W Browns Plains. There were a few left.

Thanks mate, got a copy from BigW Mt Ommaney. They still had 3-4 on the shelves this morning.

Watched it with my 30yo daughter yesterday. Loved every moment. She wore out a VHS tape as a kid. This bluray transfer is fantastic. Took me back to my childhood when I saw it in 70mm in the theatre.

Edited by Pfeff

Thanks mate, got a copy from Mt Ommaney. They still had 3-4 on the shelves this morning.

Watched it with my 30yo daughter yesterday. Loved every moment. She wore out a VHS tape as a kid. This bluray transfer is fantastic. Took me back to my childhood when I saw it in 70mm in the theatre.

not sure about big w, ours never has anything ! :wacko: but jb had it and matched price for 50 bucks, looking forward to watching it too, will bring back some memories for sure, though probably sit in the unwatched collection for a while hehe.

little daughter is going to love the little music box ! can imagine that wearing out very soon hehe

all the other stuff in the box is interesting. cant beleive a box like this is $50 amazing !

Thanks mate, got a copy from BigW Mt Ommaney. They still had 3-4 on the shelves this morning.

same I remember when it first came out my brother and I went with my 2 aunties who were both nuns, that wasn't embarrassing.... :ninja:

Edited by com5984

we watched about 45min of it after kids went to bed, and what can say wow I am impressed !

the opening scenes brought some memories back !

I like it they have done what looks like a wonderfull job restoring it, astounded with the detail in the picture, the rich colours and they have kept the charm of the movie, not going overboard with restoration and keeping a bit of film look. audio wise is pretty impressive the 7.1 audio being used to good effect for a feel of being in a concert hall with the orchestra and even with actors speaking the surround steering is impeccable with such clarity to the vocals.

we havent watched a movie in a little while and so far this has been an absolute treat. looking forward to tonight hopefully watching the rest.

ps my little daughter absolutely loved the music box ! absolutely intrigued by it ! :)

I like it they have done what looks like a wonderfull job restoring it, astounded with the detail in the picture, the rich colours and they have kept the charm of the movie, not going overboard with restoration and keeping a bit of film look. audio wise is pretty impressive the 7.1 audio being used to good effect for a feel of being in a concert hall with the orchestra and even with actors speaking the surround steering is impeccable with such clarity to the vocals.

we havent watched a movie in a little while and so far this has been an absolute treat. looking forward to tonight hopefully watching the rest.

Regarding audio - if you're only 45 minutes in, you're in for a further treat. Without ruining anything, LFE was the last thing I was expecting this movie to have (it's not War of the Worlds) but it's there!

Regarding audio - if you're only 45 minutes in, you're in for a further treat. Without ruining anything, LFE was the last thing I was expecting this movie to have (it's not War of the Worlds) but it's there!

LFE? At what point? Mark it with a spoiler if you wish, but I'm pretty sure everyone who's buying this title will have already seen it.

LFE? At what point? Mark it with a spoiler if you wish, but I'm pretty sure everyone who's buying this title will have already seen it.

The Church Organ during the Wedding.

Gave the sub a semblance of a workout. :wub:

Again, we are talking Sound of Music here, not Cloverfield. :lol:

The Church Organ during the Wedding.

Gave the sub a semblance of a workout. :wub:

Again, we are talking Sound of Music here, not Cloverfield. :lol:

They get married? Damn you.

:lol:

Never seen Cloverfield, so don't understand the reference. As for Sound of Music, yeah I get that the scene mentioned could be good. I'll have to remember to crank up the volume before it gets to that bit. :D

They get married? Damn you.

:lol:

Never seen Cloverfield, so don't understand the reference. As for Sound of Music, yeah I get that the scene mentioned could be good. I'll have to remember to crank up the volume before it gets to that bit. :D

Cloverfield is like LFE overload - huge sub workout. Sub Demo material for me.

It's just a movie with heaps of LFE, but then one would expect that given the nature of that movie, unlike the somewhat more sedentary Sound of Music.

Hence the reason for my question. It may be set during world war II, but it's not like there's any actual war scenes. It's not even like any of the music is particularly bassy.

Hence the reason for my question. It may be set during world war II, but it's not like there's any actual war scenes. It's not even like any of the music is particularly bassy.

Well he was just saying there was a bit of LFE in one certain scene but it aint no Cloverfield (i.e. - no heavy over the top bass)

I don't think anything was meant by it, just a passing comment.

Well he was just saying there was a bit of LFE in one certain scene but it aint no Cloverfield (i.e. - no heavy over the top bass)

Exactly!

Yeah, it was only one scene but still pretty cool nonetheless and enough for the neighbours downstairs to give me dirty looks when I encounter them next :lol: .

I wasn't being critical or anything. When I read the first post I sat there thinking where in the movie there could possibly be any decent LFE. It makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Hehe, hopefully tonight get to watch the rest ! I'll look out for it...twin velo dd15s at the ready :D

Yeah wasn't think lfe either. But I must say am very imoressed what they have done with both audio and video of the movie.

we watched about 45min of it after kids went to bed, and what can say wow I am impressed !

the opening scenes brought some memories back !

ps my little daughter absolutely loved the music box ! absolutely intrigued by it ! :)

Yes indeed. The music really had a concert hall feel at times. A very strong score.

The opening sequence with the arial shots over the alps and fiords along with the orchestral wind instruments playing, is mesmerising and pulls you into the film from the word go :wub:

Here's the Hi-Def Digest Review; looks like a MUST OWN!

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3078/soundofmusic.html

definitely a timeless classic.

and what a wonderfull transfer, the video quality is just astounding. that it is a 45 year old film is even more amazing. theyve done such a good job on the audio side as well.

guys if can get the little special edition box thats out now do. especially if have kids. a big hit ! :D

the review htere really captures the essence of the film pretty well.

as it says, need to approach it with an..

open mind and unspoiled heart

and sure many will then enjoy it :)