Help Hdmi Green Screen!

I just hooked up the Integra DHC-9.9 to my Panasonic LCD via HDMI and the picture worked fine initially.

Both the Tivo and PS3 are connected to the Integra with HDMI and the HDMI on the Integra goes to one of the HDMI inputs on the TV.

I switched to the PS3 to watch a blu-ray. There was picture but no sound.

I switched back to the Tivo and there was sound but the picture was a solid green!!!

I switched back to the PS3 and black screen!!!

What is going on?

I have tried changing the Integra monitor out resolution but nothing.

Help me please.

Tried both inputs on the TV - same problem.

Tried the HDMI sub output on the Integra - half a green screen instead of a full green screen!

Tried physically changing the HDMI input on the Integra and then changing it in the setup menu to match - green screen.

I don't get it. It worked fine for the speaker setup and then fine for the first few minutes. Did I accidentally press the wrong button or something?

Edited by skinXBWAU

What setting is the ps3 set for hdmi and also what is the integer and your display set for hdmi. I'm talking yprpb or rgb settings also what scaling if any does the integer have enabled.

It can also be the order that its all powered on in. Its worth trying a few combinations (TV>PS3>AMP or AMP>PS3>TV etc) also reset the amp when the TV and PS3 is on (or just reselect the source).

Also if you have another HDMI cable, that might help. But if the PS3 works directly to the TV then you have at least isolated the issue to the amp and can concentrate on that.

Just keep playing with the settings mate. I had similar issues with my PVR and BD player connected to my Integra receiver. It eventually worked after two 4 hour days of changing settings and back, change and back again...and again...and again...

I put it down to hand shake issues. But it could simply be the diabolical peice of crap that is HDMI.

As in at the power point?

It worked!!!

:wub:

I was starting to panic there.

Is this likely to be an ongoing problem or just a one off?

EDIT: The PS3 sound issue was because I still had it set to optical out for audio. My old AVR did not have HDMI.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by skinXBWAU

I sometimes need to reboot my processor to get it to ‘pickup’ the right signal being passed to it via the PS3, it’s a bit hit and miss (all down to the HDCP on HDMI and as quite rightly pointed out, a piece of crap) but I get there, hope it is a one off.

A couple of things worth trying..... go into settings and turn all Video Scaling and conversion off. Your pana TV is 1080i so if the Integra is upconverting to 1080P then this could be causing your green screen problem.

With your no sound issue, grab your remote and point it at the unit and hold down the ENTER button for a few seconds......this will bring up the HDMI digital audio options and you want it to be set to auto I think (not sure on this one and still at work so can't try it out!! But if you have a go at this it ay help.

• 5 weeks later...

This is really starting to piss me off. :(

It happens quite regularly when I switch between activities on my harmony remote. Sometimes it's a green screen, sometimes it is blue, sometimes black. The only way to fix it is to turn off the Integra at the power point and then turn it back on. I wish I knew what was causing it.

This is really starting to piss me off. :(

It happens quite regularly when I switch between activities on my harmony remote. Sometimes it's a green screen, sometimes it is blue, sometimes black. The only way to fix it is to turn off the Integra at the power point and then turn it back on. I wish I knew what was causing it.

Likely a handshake issue between the TV and Integra. I would suggest looking at all the manufactures site, especially the TV, for a firmware update.

Likely a handshake issue between the TV and Integra. I would suggest looking at all the manufactures site, especially the TV, for a firmware update.

I can't find any support for my TV. The model number is TX-32LXD700A.

I can't find any support for my TV. The model number is TX-32LXD700A.

As you said mate, there doesn't appear to be any support for it on the website. Worth giving Panasonic a call and seeing if they have anything and can hook you up like before.

Probably worth doing the same for the Integra, theres an AVS post here with info on firmware updates that I haven't read.

Hopefully one or both of these updates will sort it out and then we can return to hoping that HDMI and DRM dies.