Denon Firmware?

My Denon 4310 had a couple of firmware updates over the last couple of days (a large one followed by a smaller one a couple of days later). Everything went smoothly and I'm not observing any issues, but I'm curious as to what the updates actually did. Is there a source of info anywhere as to what the updates are for?

My Denon 4310 had a couple of firmware updates over the last couple of days (a large one followed by a smaller one a couple of days later). Everything went smoothly and I'm not observing any issues, but I'm curious as to what the updates actually did. Is there a source of info anywhere as to what the updates are for?

lol **** lucky i read this i havent updated my firmware yet!..lol

just went to the denon site..theres no firmware upgrade....

Edited by infected flow

just went to the denon site..theres no firmware upgrade....

If you mean "there's no information about any firmware upgrade for the AVR-4310 on www.denon.com.au" then yes, you are correct. Which was the point of my question: since there very definitely was a recent firmware upgrade, are there any sites that actually do describe it? I don't need information on web sites that don't tell me anything useful, thanks all the same.

Maybe the upgrade was to resolve some faulty feature that I don't make any use of any way, but I'd be interested to find out. (I wish the automatic update would flash up a screen of information to help you decide whether to go through the upgrade or not.)

the denon japan site sometimes has info, and youd have to use google translate to work it out.

you cant be selective with the updates, as in lets do this one and not that one. the updates are cumulative as in the latest update will usually pick up what features etc the previous did.

they are worth doing in my opinion, see it as denon house keeping. keeping any bugs at bay and sorting out any potential issue. i'd rather they find and sort issues out before I find them :)

at times people have had things stuffed with an update, but it goes with the territory, if using an item in this day and age, lilkely its going to be getting over the net updates for further refinement. otherwise can always unplug it from the net and live with it as it is :)

If you mean "there's no information about any firmware upgrade for the AVR-4310 on www.denon.com.au" then yes, you are correct. Which was the point of my question: since there very definitely was a recent firmware upgrade, are there any sites that actually do describe it? I don't need information on web sites that don't tell me anything useful, thanks all the same.

Maybe the upgrade was to resolve some faulty feature that I don't make any use of any way, but I'd be interested to find out. (I wish the automatic update would flash up a screen of information to help you decide whether to go through the upgrade or not.)

glad i could help ...well nxt time u can clarify then!

Cheers.