For Sale: Bryston 4bsst Power Amp

Item: Bryston 4BSST power amp

2x 300 watt; a million reviews - probably the best known power amp on the planet.

Description: Silver with handles

Box : Original box, manual and accessories

Warranty : 11 years warranty left

Condition: Like New (box a little crappy)

Price : $2500 + delivery

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I can sell the kids instead......

Well one of them wont be missed surely :lol:

Ps worth posting a pic or too, can help a sale :)

Good Luck with the sale,but what brought this on?

Al,

I'm trying to simplify everything. I've had multiple power amps etc. I've now added Denon 4810 and finally got myself a sub (SVS PB13), I also had a Bel Canto and the Bryston in the system. The sub blew me away - I thought I never needed a sub in my 2 channel system (running my electra 937 be's) - boy its added a lot; and also probably reduced my needs for a big power amp.

The Denon has 9 channels of amp (of course - arguably average ones); I'm running 10 channels of amplification (dual micro utopia centers). I've found the Denon sounds exceptionally good, and the DAC's are surprisingly doing a good job for my 2 channel stuff. Im running all my two channel stuff off sonos / nas so the Denon's dac is great.

I've taken the bryston out of my system - this was running FR/L and put the Bel Canto in its place (which was previously running the dual centers). The Bel Canto is adequate for my two channel stuff and It has very low power consumption and runs very cool. The great thing about the Denon is that you can assign the amps to any channel you want. So I've used two of it's channels for the centers.

Boy - are you as confused as I am?

I think I can easily sell the Bryston but would have a more difficult time selling the Bel Canto. Of course - I'll probably regret it like every thing else I've sold in the past!

Al,

I'm trying to simplify everything. I've had multiple power amps etc. I've now added Denon 4810 and finally got myself a sub (SVS PB13), I also had a Bel Canto and the Bryston in the system. The sub blew me away - I thought I never needed a sub in my 2 channel system (running my electra 937 be's) - boy its added a lot; and also probably reduced my needs for a big power amp.

The Denon has 9 channels of amp (of course - arguably average ones); I'm running 10 channels of amplification (dual micro utopia centers). I've found the Denon sounds exceptionally good, and the DAC's are surprisingly doing a good job for my 2 channel stuff. Im running all my two channel stuff off sonos / nas so the Denon's dac is great.

I've taken the bryston out of my system - this was running FR/L and put the Bel Canto in its place (which was previously running the dual centers). The Bel Canto is adequate for my two channel stuff and It has very low power consumption and runs very cool. The great thing about the Denon is that you can assign the amps to any channel you want. So I've used two of it's channels for the centers.

Boy - are you as confused as I am?

I think I can easily sell the Bryston but would have a more difficult time selling the Bel Canto. Of course - I'll probably regret it like every thing else I've sold in the past!

Keep the Bryston :)

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
hi James,

get your post count up to 5 here - http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=67990

then you can PM.

Take your email address out if you don't want to receive spam :)

Dwain

Hi Dwain, my email still in the quote attached to one of your posts. Could you remove it please or tell me how to do it.

You were right about the spam, apparently I'm the lucky recipient of millions of dollars in frozen funds from Nigeria. Who would have thought!?

J

Hi Dwain, my email still in the quote attached to one of your posts. Could you remove it please or tell me how to do it.

You were right about the spam, apparently I'm the lucky recipient of millions of dollars in frozen funds from Nigeria. Who would have thought!?

J

lucky you, lesson learn I guess !

ps best to pm dwain, is likely the best way. otherwise report the post asking mods to assist they might be able to edit, delete the post. this is if dwain doesnt get around to it which is likely as he might quite easily not even notice this post of yours.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I wonder , an email I received :

'Peter,

I called you a few times yesterday but it seemed you didn’t want to answer the phone. I was really serious about buying the amp but your lack of decency has put off my intention of buying anything from you.

Ha'

'HA' indeed. Apparently, 'Ha' requires me to drop everything instantly - forget about work / my clients and ring him back instantly. Apparently thats the 'decent' thing to to. Well 'HA'

I suggest that rather than power your speakers with my Bryston, you can use the power of 'decency'. - good luck moron..........

Sometimes I wonder , an email I received :

'Peter,

I called you a few times yesterday but it seemed you didn’t want to answer the phone. I was really serious about buying

the amp but your lack of decency has put off my intention of buying anything from you.

Ha'

'HA' indeed. Apparently, 'Ha' requires me to drop everything instantly - forget about work / my clients and ring him back instantly. Apparently thats the 'decent' thing to to. Well 'HA'

I suggest that rather than power your speakers with my Bryston, you can use the power of 'decency'. - good luck moron..........

Well I'll tell you one thing... Your off his Christmas Card list