Insurance Replacement - 50v10a Or 50v20a?

Hi all,

it's been a looooooooong time since I posted here, but I just wanted your opinion on this. We recently bought a Panasonic 50V10A. I was aware of the rising black issue but nonetheless... Anyway, less than a month into owning it, and some *badwords* broke into our house and pinched it. So, the insurance company have just called me and said they can either supply a 50V10 from Hardley Normal or a 50V20 from...somewhere else (I forget). They are suggesting the 50V20 because it is cheaper for them, but I don't care about that, obviously. Does the 50V20 have the floating black issue AS WELL as the rising black issue? I bought the TV from JB Hifi, who apparently are suggesting another, more expensive model (posssibly the VT20?)...if I wanted that one, I'd need to pay the difference.

Help me make up my mind!

Cheers,

Geoff

I'd go the newer model as it's a bit more efficient and has some newer tech in the panel. They all have issues regardless of model or brand. Just depends on what you notice/annoys you. The VT20 is the 3D model if that takes your fancy but not worth it IMO

Hi all,

it's been a looooooooong time since I posted here, but I just wanted your opinion on this. We recently bought a Panasonic 50V10A. I was aware of the rising black issue but nonetheless... Anyway, less than a month into owning it, and some *badwords* broke into our house and pinched it. So, the insurance company have just called me and said they can either supply a 50V10 from Hardley Normal or a 50V20 from...somewhere else (I forget). They are suggesting the 50V20 because it is cheaper for them, but I don't care about that, obviously. Does the 50V20 have the floating black issue AS WELL as the rising black issue? I bought the TV from JB Hifi, who apparently are suggesting another, more expensive model (posssibly the VT20?)...if I wanted that one, I'd need to pay the difference.

Help me make up my mind!

Cheers,

Geoff

I picked up the 50 inch V20 yesterday for the family room and I must say I am impressed with the Picture quality. Nice TV, Blacks are comparable with my Kuro and overall nothing to complain about. No floating black issues that iv seen yet.

Worrying about rising blacks is like worrying if the TV will blow up.

Edited by pezz