Samsung Ps63c7000 - Quality Control

Samsung PS63C7000 owners!!!

In the next few days I should be receiving my Samsung PS63C7000.

I thought it would be a great idea to start a thread around the type of "out of the box" experiences. i.e Cracked screens, buzzing...anything.

I understand there's a thread for this TV already, but there's approx. 100+ pages of info relating to all sorts, from ordering, prices, file format etc... I'm more concerned around the "out-of-the-box" problems(if any) :rolleyes: .

Edited by Jayman7

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the 63" Damn happy about it. PQ the best (coming from SD 42")

I do get the buzz but it is directional and only can hear it when my head is above the top of the tv and standing dead center of the tv, seeing as mine is wall mounted and the top of the tv is above my head i have no problems.

Absolutely no problems, and I am damn picky. Just ask my local retailer! (I got the 58"). No buzz and the tv is in perfect condition. Very happy and nothing to complain about.

Andys.

I had my PS63C7000 delivered on the weekend and I am very pleased and impressed with its overall performance.

However, there is one thing that I've noticed which I would like to mention which seams a bit odd. Occasionally, when a scene has quick motion such as people moving or the camera moving around people I seem to get a (clear ghosting aura) around the subject. It happens with TV and with Blu ray from my oppo BD83 player.

I really happy with the clarity, color, and style of this TV and I'm hoping that there is a simple fix or suggestion to help resolve this minor issue.

Absolutely no problems, and I am damn picky. Just ask my local retailer! (I got the 58"). No buzz and the tv is in perfect condition. Very happy and nothing to complain about.

Andys.

Packed very well and beauty of it was that stand already assembled for my 63. believe also the case for the 58 Sammy as well. (Not so for my Large Pana's which was a pain)

Well packed and neat. No buzzing TV in excellent condition.

No smudge marks on screen as per my Panny 58V10 which is made in Japan.

Edited by CC Rider

I had my PS63C7000 delivered on the weekend and I am very pleased and impressed with its overall performance.

However, there is one thing that I've noticed which I would like to mention which seams a bit odd. Occasionally, when a scene has quick motion such as people moving or the camera moving around people I seem to get a (clear ghosting aura) around the subject. It happens with TV and with Blu ray from my oppo BD83 player.

I really happy with the clarity, color, and style of this TV and I'm hoping that there is a simple fix or suggestion to help resolve this minor issue.

For TV turn of the Motion Judder Canceller.(MJC) Don't need it except sports like Footy turn it on to standard but I watch sports with it of and looks good.

For BR turn of the MJC then get into film mode and enable cinema smooth.

Make sure you turn contrast down to 50 and below for the first 200 hours. Adjust colour brightness etc to suit.

Edited by CC Rider

However, there is one thing that I've noticed which I would like to mention which seams a bit odd. Occasionally, when a scene has quick motion such as people moving or the camera moving around people I seem to get a (clear ghosting aura) around the subject. It happens with TV and with Blu ray from my oppo BD83 player. I really happy with the clarity, color, and style of this TV and I'm hoping that there is a simple fix or suggestion to help resolve this minor issue.

If you haven't already, turn off MJC (Motion Judder Canceller) and when viewing blu-rays switch film mode to Cinema Smooth.

Andys.

For TV turn of the Motion Judder Canceller.(MJC) Don't need it except sports like Footy turn it on to standard but I watch sports with it of and looks good.

For BR turn of the MJC then get into film mode and enable cinema smooth.

Make sure you turn contrast down to 50 and below for the first 200 hours. Adjust colour brightness etc to suit.

That's very kind information, thank you CC Rider :rolleyes: the PS63C7000 has really surpassed my expectations so if this small adjustment helps I will be a 100 % happy consumer.

One other thing , does anyone know if the 1.4 HDMI cable a necessity to connect to the 3D blu ray player over a 1.3c HDMI ?

That's very kind information, thank you CC Rider :rolleyes: the PS63C7000 has really surpassed my expectations so if this small adjustment helps I will be a 100 % happy consumer.

One other thing , does anyone know if the 1.4 HDMI cable a necessity to connect to the 3D blu ray player over a 1.3c HDMI ?

A good quality HDMI cable which worked well with HDMI 1.3 components will work well with HDMI 4 components.

If it works well with 3d BR etc then the cable can be labelled HDMI 1.4 compatable.

I got my 63" plasma on Friday, in perfect condition, setup no problems, beautiful picture, no buzz, but then on Sunday I turn it on, and it has lost all it's settings and wants to rescan the channels, I now can't turn it off without having to go through the setup everytime I turn it back on. It will also reboot itself occassionaly as it is rescanning the channels. Menus lock up occassionaly also, which is slightly inconvenient. Retailer will be swapping it when Samsung have something to swap it with, which have been told should be early July. So till then, channel rescan on startup it is. :(

Edited by mstandfield

I got my 63" plasma on Friday, in perfect condition, setup no problems, beautiful picture, no buzz, but then on Sunday I turn it on, and it has lost all it's settings and wants to rescan the channels, I now can't turn it off without having to go through the setup everytime I turn it back on. It will also reboot itself occassionaly as it is rescanning the channels. Menus lock up occassionaly also, which is slightly inconvenient. Retailer will be swapping it when Samsung have something to swap it with, which have been told should be early July. So till then, channel rescan on startup it is. :(

What version of the firmware is it running. I remember reading one of the updates stops the TV going into plug and play after each restart.

What version of the firmware is it running. I remember reading one of the updates stops the TV going into plug and play after each restart.

It would be the current 1013.2, which i downloaded off their website on Thursday. I even tried to reinstall the firmware just incase in got corrupted somehow, but it seems to know it is the same firmware and doesnt give you the option to install.

I just checked the US website and they appear to have a newer firmware update, which one of the issues it fixes is where it goes to plug and play everytime it starts up, dated June 15th. Maybe we will be getting a similar update... maybe

It would be the current 1013.2, which i downloaded off their website on Thursday. I even tried to reinstall the firmware just incase in got corrupted somehow, but it seems to know it is the same firmware and doesnt give you the option to install.

did you do a reset after you uploaded the new FW?

If not hold down the exit button on the remote for at least 10 seconds and then follow the prompts. chosing reset option of course

did you do a reset after you uploaded the new FW?

If not hold down the exit button on the remote for at least 10 seconds and then follow the prompts. chosing reset option of course

Yes Ive done the reset, about 10 times in the hope it actually may make a difference :(

I didn't have any issues with the set when unpacking, but one thing I have noticed is that the volume controls are disabled when in the media player selection area.. Which is annoying because sometimes I have to turn up the volume while it's playing media and don't get a chance to turn it back down before going back to FTA. Also, pressing menu while it's playing stuff takes you back to the last input used (or FTA.) Or do I have something set wrong?

i wasnt aware of a 68 inch model, is this LED or plasma and how much is the retail?
The 65" LED 8 series has been announced for Australia, but I think I prefer the Plasma

RRP are as follows:

UA46C8000XFXXY - 46-inch - $4299

UA55C8000XFXXY - 55-inch - $5499

UA65C8000XFXXY - 65-inch - $7499

Packed very well and beauty of it was that stand already assembled for my 63. believe also the case for the 58 Sammy as well. (Not so for my Large Pana's which was a pain)
Sounds like a pain for those of us who like to wall mount ours
The main difference is that v1.4 supports Audio Return Channel - the ability to send audio back down the HDMI

Welcome back mate noted you have been absent for a short while.

Any news on that elusive 58" ?

Thanks mate - been pretty busy.

Myer have said that they're expecting a shipment into their Melbourne depot on 25th June and if it comes in on time delivery should be early next week.

My 58" is part of that shipment apparently but until the shipment arrives in the depot they can't schedule a delivery, which makes sense.

Have been told to check on Friday for an update.

They rang to give me this update a week ago which I thought was good customer service. I haven't contacted them since I bought it on 30 May, and even then they said they were expecting the first shipment in the 3rd week of June, and mine should be a week after that.