Anyone Going To Cedia In Melbourne

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'll be there on the Friday, on my way to Tassie to see my kids for the weekend. :D

Anyone from Adelaide, check out Tiger flights. Super cheap deals atm. Not normally a Tiger fan, but have had to fly with them for business a couple of times, and they've been fine.

I would like to, but I was told it is not open to the general public?

Register via their website

Just answer the questions and submit.

Use your company details (or similar).

An entry pass will be sent to you via e-mail. Just print it out.

Register via their website

Just answer the questions and submit.

Use your company details (or similar).

An entry pass will be sent to you via e-mail. Just print it out.

Howdy Mr HP,

Be good to catch up again, I can make it to the expo Thursday arvo/evening.

Where is the sign-up page you mentioned? I can't see it on the ITA/Cedia website.

Cheers,

Curious

as I said when the Selby GTG was happening, I wish I was there... but I can't make it.

...so I'm relying on you guys to take lots of nice pictures and link to them here so I can make a virtual visit! :)

Michael.

G'day Curious

I'll be the one wearing the

pink carnation

stupid-grin ;)

Ha ha, I was thinking of replying with exactly what you had in the spoiler - we'll have to go with some code instead: Let me get in touch with one of my favourite Get Smart episodes...

"I think I lost my dinghy..."

"You know what? I tink you're a little dinghy!" :lol:

Anybody got some news/photos? Whats the latest and greatest on display???

Stand out for me was the Paradigm Sub 2 that was setup playing sweeps and no matter where you stood every 10 minutes everything rattled.

Some very nice projectors and demo rooms, especially JVC and Sony.

The new Anthem also integrated processor with ARC room correction and HDMI 1.4 was on display - looks like they will be a very interesting alternative to the usual Japanese suspects.

I was just looking from a consumers point of view but I liked it and some good ideas for AV furniture and management.

Stand out for me was the Paradigm Sub 2 that was setup playing sweeps and no matter where you stood every 10 minutes everything rattled.

Some very nice projectors and demo rooms, especially JVC and Sony.

The new Anthem also integrated processor with ARC room correction and HDMI 1.4 was on display - looks like they will be a very interesting alternative to the usual Japanese suspects.

I was just looking from a consumers point of view but I liked it and some good ideas for AV furniture and management.

That Paradigm sub was impressive. To make its presence felt anywhere in the room was pretty amazing.

The Anthem gear is quite nice. It was also interesting talking to the guys re their marketing strategies and pricing points.

Was also mighty impressed when I walked into the JVC projector tent to see the CAVX MKIV playing away. First impressions was WOW! Mark has certainly done a fine job with it. 5th Element looks pretty fantastic.

I refused to go upstairs and see the ISCO and Schneider lenses in action it would have been way too much temptation. I think I will go back tomorrow during the day and have some time upstairs.

Just got back from CEDIA 2010 Melbourne. Wow! Still digesting everything GETREAL95 and I saw and stretching the arms back into shape after carrying the 100kg's of brochures acquired ;)

I took a bunch of photos on the iPhone as I was told at the door "large cameras" were not allowed. Better than nothing I suppose and I'll post them ASAP. Caught up with Mark Techer and saw Macca there.

Will post more when I've had a cuppa

Blade

Edited by BladeRnR

Was well worth the effort to head down, thanks Blade for the reminder!!!!

Good to catch up with Mark Techer, Aussiemorphic lens with the JVC 950 looked amazing. And the JVC 4k projector that the 950 was sitting on is insane!!! 80kgs with a $130k price tag!!!!

Lots to see and got some good ideas for the future house and HT build.

Sub2 was also very impressive, I guess for $11k it would have to be. Standing on the other side of the complex you could feel it rattling the displays...

The new Anthem gear looks promising, especially the flagship pre/pro. Very reasonable pricing compared to most other high end processors on the market at the moment.

And as usual good to catch up with Blade....

I’m hoping to demo an Anthem D2v and A5 later this year, it was out of my range at 15k but now it’s dropped to 10 it might be possible. I was looking the P5 amp and from the front, thinking ‘hmm its not that big’ but then noticed that it was about 20cm deeper as well, massive amplifier, in fact just checked and it weighs 59kg!

I'm hoping to demo an Anthem D2v and A5 later this year, it was out of my range at 15k but now it's dropped to 10 it might be possible. I was looking the P5 amp and from the front, thinking 'hmm its not that big' but then noticed that it was about 20cm deeper as well, massive amplifier, in fact just checked and it weighs 59kg!

I had the same thought Yartle with the Anthem D2V. The P5 is a total beast and is by no means small even comparing to say something like the NAD M25. I am totally enamoured with the D2V after disussing it in detail with Levi Zammit (One of the new distributor members). A very cool guy and quite knowledgable (zero hype). I had been looking at the Denon AVP-A1HD for a long time but the Upsampling on the Anthem and DAC quality might push me over the edge toward Anthem (Which is not to disparage Denon of course). We also discussed ARC in detail and it's a powerful room correction tool. The new range of Anthem MX Receivers will be a huge hit I reckon as they all come standard with ARC and the prices are extremely competitive when measured against the various Japanese options out there (Denon, Sony, Yamaha, Integra, Onkyo, Pioneer etc).

Cheers

Blade

Edited by BladeRnR