Post Here What Looks Great In 3d

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching some Lakers V Celtics on oneHD in 2d-3d set the depth as high as it could go and it looked real good abit of flickering though so I turned it down to 7and the dpeth wasn't as good but it was easier on the eyes good on the close up shots and on the slow - mo.

I was going to hold out for the Avatar 3D version on Blueray but I've discovered that will be AGES away (if at all).

Has anyone tried the normal Avatar on Blueray and used 2D to 3D conversion (on depth 7) ?

How does it look?

I was going to hold out for the Avatar 3D version on Blueray but I've discovered that will be AGES away (if at all).

Has anyone tried the normal Avatar on Blueray and used 2D to 3D conversion (on depth 7) ?

How does it look?

Fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...
This almost sold me on getting the sammy plasma. But the panasonic PQ kills it.

Can't believe panasonic didn't add this feature.

Having owned close to every model Panasonic has brought out in it's Plasma range including both the 58 and 65v10 I will have to disagree with you wholeheartedly.

The Samsungs pq is superior for SD and HD TV broadcasts. BR is at par but with the latest FW release 3d looks crystal clear and 2d to 3d conversion works a treat.

Having owned close to every model Panasonic has brought out in it's Plasma range including both the 58 and 65v10 I will have to disagree with you wholeheartedly.

The Samsungs pq is superior for SD and HD TV broadcasts. BR is at par but with the latest FW release 3d looks crystal clear and 2d to 3d conversion works a treat.

Yeah I also like how blacks on samsungs are grey...Terrible...So i have to disagree.

The Samsungs pq is superior for SD and HD TV broadcasts. BR is at par.

As a Panasonic owner as well I would have to agree 100%.

Andys.

Back to topic of what looks best:

2d to 3D conv - Planet Earth forest scenes

3D blu-ray Movie - Monsters vs Aliens (since it's the only one :) but Cloudy with a chance of meatballs and Imax Grand canyon now out ^_^ but yet to receive them

Best 3D demo download - waltz of flowers

Best 3D musical - Black Eyed Peas Samsung Demo

Off topic - the Samsung PQ looks even better after firmware upgrade to 1007 (29 Jun) :D

guzuae

• 2 weeks later...
Of the Nvidia 3D side by side Demo Videos here, the 822MB 576p file of the Upper Middle Rhine Valley is recommended.

Thanks for the link, there's some nice anaglyph videos there. :)

I played Rhine Valley and Summer in Heidelberg on my PC using Stereoscopic Player app and tried on a decent pair of red/cyan glasses and the videos look great in 3D.

Does anyone have more links to anaglyph videos?