Samsung P2370hd - Blocky Picture

Hey all,

I've got a P2370HD recently but the TV picture seems 'blocky'.. When I say that the picture is 'blocky' is not as if it losing signal strength 'blocky', more so its lacking in definition. Was wondering if its an inherent problem or maybe the way I have it setup.

I am running a standard STB into the screen via component because when I connect the antenna directly into the screen (RF) its displays 'no signal'.. The Samsung screen / TV that this is replacing was working picture perfect with the same roof top ariel, cables, STB and location. The new screen picture is just substandard. Digital signal strength is way up so that dosen't seem to be the problem.

I wonder if I'm over looking something. A resolution conflict between the STB and the screen, or maybe the screen will only work with a proper ariel, etc..

Any ideas / suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks,

W.

If it's only on faster moving images it could just be the lack of bandwidth and low bitrates that are inherit in our bit-starved FTA transmission.

Have you tried playing a DVD to see if it occurs with a 'controlled' source?

If it's only on faster moving images it could just be the lack of bandwidth and low bitrates that are inherit in our bit-starved FTA transmission.

Have you tried playing a DVD to see if it occurs with a 'controlled' source?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. Yes, certainly noticable onfaster moving images, but even say the SBS watermark looks pretty dodgy.

Will hook up a DVD through it this arvo and see how it performs.

Thanks.