A Projector And A Monitor Connected To My Hk 255 Amp At The Same Time?

I have a Harmon kardon 255 with 5.1 speaker setup, connected to it is a sanyo z2000 hd projector, I have a spare monitor which I am planning to use with the amp too. Sometimes I dont want to close all the curtains and fire up the projector for some light tv viewing so I plan to use the monitor as a screen with the amps surround.

Inputs to the amp include my computer which acts as a media server plus TV tuner, bluray player etc..

What is the best solution to my two output from one amp issue?

As far as I can see the obvious solutions are swopping the HDMI output from between the projector and the monitor when I want to use each one, putting a second video card in the computer (which acts as a media server- can I do this when I already have both the computers monitor AND a cable running to the HDMI input on the HK 255 amp?). Or a third unknown option where I can connect perhaps using the the Monitor Component Video Outputs or the Video Monitor Outputs for the monitor while the projector is connected via the HDMI (but not turned on).

Any ideas?

I have a Harmon kardon 255 with 5.1 speaker setup, connected to it is a sanyo z2000 hd projector, I have a spare monitor which I am planning to use with the amp too. Sometimes I dont want to close all the curtains and fire up the projector for some light tv viewing so I plan to use the monitor as a screen with the amps surround.

Inputs to the amp include my computer which acts as a media server plus TV tuner, bluray player etc..

What is the best solution to my two output from one amp issue?

As far as I can see the obvious solutions are swopping the HDMI output from between the projector and the monitor when I want to use each one, putting a second video card in the computer (which acts as a media server- can I do this when I already have both the computers monitor AND a cable running to the HDMI input on the HK 255 amp?). Or a third unknown option where I can connect perhaps using the the Monitor Component Video Outputs or the Video Monitor Outputs for the monitor while the projector is connected via the HDMI (but not turned on).

Any ideas?

Ideally you would use a 2-way HDMI splitter, thus allowing you to run HDMI on both (beware of cheap units though as not always reliable, especially up to 1080p), (although most should be fine to 2 monitors, i have had problems with the 4 way units).

Alternatively would be as you said, run HDMI to one device and component/composite to the other.

www.AV-R.com.au

Ideally you would use a 2-way HDMI splitter, thus allowing you to run HDMI on both (beware of cheap units though as not always reliable, especially up to 1080p), (although most should be fine to 2 monitors, i have had problems with the 4 way units).

Alternatively would be as you said, run HDMI to one device and component/composite to the other.

www.AV-R.com.au

Thanks mate, so the amp can handle two outputs at the same time? I can't see anything in the hk 255 manual about this.

Thanks mate, so the amp can handle two outputs at the same time? I can't see anything in the hk 255 manual about this.

It wont be in the manual at all. As far as the amp is concerned there is still only 1 monitor connected.

One thing to double check though is that both the projector and the plasma run the same resolution, ie both 1080p or both 1080i. As both will need to be running the same.

It wont be in the manual at all. As far as the amp is concerned there is still only 1 monitor connected.

One thing to double check though is that both the projector and the plasma run the same resolution, ie both 1080p or both 1080i. As both will need to be running the same.

Thx mate, that's a good point. The new monitor is a HD dell one. I'll make sure that is connected with the projector.

I'll have a look in bunnings to see what adaptors/cables/ hdmi splitters they stock on the way home from my nightshift. :)

Thx mate, that's a good point. The new monitor is a HD dell one. I'll make sure that is connected with the projector.

I'll have a look in bunnings to see what adaptors/cables/ hdmi splitters they stock on the way home from my nightshift. :)

Ok, the monitor works but its not ideal. I spoke to someone at a Audio video shop who told me my best option is the HDMI splitter but their price was $160. What am I looking at for a decent but cheapo splitter. Any links pls?

Ok, the monitor works but its not ideal. I spoke to someone at a Audio video shop who told me my best option is the HDMI splitter but their price was $160. What am I looking at for a decent but cheapo splitter. Any links pls?

Selby has this one http://www.selbyacoustics.com.au/StoreFron...amp;i=245785541

looks like it should be ok. i wouldn't expect you to find anything of great quality for much less, and as i said with HDMI you can have problems with handshake on cheaper units.