3d Trial - Adelaide

Is anyone here in Adelaide receiving the 3D trial from Mt Lofty on Channel 40 via UHF-29? I can't seem to pick it up. I heard some viewers on here are receiving the signal on their current MPEG-2 HDTV or STB (just only sound, but no picture)

• 2 weeks later...

My LG HD STB (LST-6100P) picked it up, but only audio and no pic. Unfortunately my Panasonic 32 inch Viera LCD (TX-32LXD80A) is unable to receive it. Even though by using Manual Tuning method and pointing it to ch29, there's signal strength but it won't add.

The 3D signal is MPEG4 H264 so unless your receiver is able to decode that you won't get it. And if you do but the receiver isn't 3D compatible what you get is a split screen - two pictures side by side that either need to be letter boxed to half their height or stretched sideways to twice their width. Then you need to be able to slide that across the screen so that you can see one whole side of the split to fill the screen as per normal. The other way is to just watch the normal picture on SBS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My LG HD STB (LST-6100P) picked it up, but only audio and no pic. Unfortunately my Panasonic 32 inch Viera LCD (TX-32LXD80A) is unable to receive it. Even though by using Manual Tuning method and pointing it to ch29, there's signal strength but it won't add.

I have the same problem with my Panasonic TV!! My Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ80A plasma it wouldnt pick it up even in manual tuning on channel 29. But the Strong SRT-5495 Recorder picked it up and showed it just as 2 of the same thing side by side.