Pioneer Reciever Questions

Reciently my parents have purchased 2 recievers for there two different rooms

THe LX82 for the main one and the cheaper 919 for the other.

So far i really dont like the GUI interface for changing the settings on the reciever and cannot figgure out how to do several things that are important to my parents.

1) on both units the volume does not show up the the plasma display, how to i get it to show up like it does on my current denon 3808. Reading the volume from the reciever does not sit well with them or me.

2) On the 919 it seams that you cannot user define the hdmi inputs to the buttons (ie the dvd, bd, dvr, tv buttons on the remote) it only lets you define them to the button labled "hdmi". If there is any way of defining the hdmi imputs to tv and bd it would stop several phone calls from confused parents. This is not a issue for the LX82

I think thats about it but im sure there will be more to follow. I am in the process of trying to convince them to get a harmony remote to get rid of the remote issues.

Thanks all

If im not mistaken, the Pioneer AVR's OSD only works on Pioneer LCDs/Plasmas. Atleast thats how the LX71 works.

As far as changing the names for the inputs, i have no idea if its possible.

Reciently my parents have purchased 2 recievers for there two different rooms

THe LX82 for the main one and the cheaper 919 for the other.

So far i really dont like the GUI interface for changing the settings on the reciever and cannot figgure out how to do several things that are important to my parents.

1) on both units the volume does not show up the the plasma display, how to i get it to show up like it does on my current denon 3808. Reading the volume from the reciever does not sit well with them or me.

2) On the 919 it seams that you cannot user define the hdmi inputs to the buttons (ie the dvd, bd, dvr, tv buttons on the remote) it only lets you define them to the button labled "hdmi". If there is any way of defining the hdmi imputs to tv and bd it would stop several phone calls from confused parents. This is not a issue for the LX82

I think thats about it but im sure there will be more to follow. I am in the process of trying to convince them to get a harmony remote to get rid of the remote issues.

Thanks all

Hi Johnny boy,

I have the LX71 model and I think the setting you are after is in 4 System Setup -> 4d Other Set-up ->3 SR+ setup.

I can't recall the exact details, but I do recall having all sorts of issues with the OSD with the Pio to the point where I decided I could live without it...

Good luck