War Of The Worlds

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have it coming in via DHL express mate so will have it fairly quick after release (took two days for the last DHL order)..... :)

Keep thinking of that first scene when the asphalt starts opening up and those subsonic noises start "belching" from the earth's inner :unsure:

After seeing Scary Movie 4 Unrated, War Of The Worlds seems so boring now. Worse still, I get flashbacks to SM4 whilst watching WOTW and think: shouldn't Dakota Fanning get zapped by a lightening bolt in that scene?

For every watched "spoof" movie, there is a lost respect for a decent film :o:(

I bought Spaceballs for the kids, but cannot bring myself to watch it :unsure:

For every watched "spoof" movie, there is a lost respect for a decent film :o:(

I bought Spaceballs for the kids, but cannot bring myself to watch it :unsure:

Don't worry 709er about SPACEBALLS. It is a funny film and I still enjoy SATR WARS

, though I do chuckle to myself about that bumper sticker

when the massive Imperial Star Destroyer flies in at the beginning EP 4.

For all those excited about WOTW, do they not remember the over exposed look of the film? It was not just a bad encode issue on the DVD, it was that way in the cinema too, so will be that way in all its HD glory on BD too.

I just cannot believe M. Enois Duarte at HiDefDigest gave this 4.5 stars! An undiluted bucket of horse crap!

I agree. It was a good watch, but 4.5 stars is over the top. For me - 3.5. Haven't watched it for a while, but from memory, 1st half great - 2nd half formulaic and when they were being carted around in that pod, it was a bit "silly" :unsure:

I agree. It was a good watch, but 4.5 stars is over the top. For me - 3.5. Haven't watched it for a while, but from memory, 1st half great - 2nd half formulaic and when they were being carted around in that pod, it was a bit "silly" :unsure:

Didn't one sequence go on for ever - I think the one where

Tom & his kid are in the ruined house, with the probe thing trying to find them

....seemed to never end for me..

Still, i'll rent this eventually.

Didn't one sequence go on for ever - I think the one where

Tom & his kid are in the ruined house, with the probe thing trying to find them

....seemed to never end for me..

Still, i'll rent this eventually.

+1 a rental only. Have it on DVD which is enough for now.

For all those excited about WOTW, do they not remember the over exposed look of the film? It was not just a bad encode issue on the DVD, it was that way in the cinema too, so will be that way in all its HD glory on BD too.

Yes, it done with the bleach bypass process, which gives it that look.

Completely intended. For me this seems to be part of how Spielberg wants his films to look. I recall most of his films in recent years to have this bleuish bright tinge look to them. Certainly noticed it in War of the worlds, Minority report and AI.

Guest Conifer
Completely intended. For me this seems to be part of how Spielberg wants his films to look. I recall most of his films in recent years to have this bleuish bright tinge look to them. Certainly noticed it in War of the worlds, Minority report and AI.

Totally, I watched it the other day and PQ was fine and nothing I would go to town about. Wasn't this the same story with 300. People were upset because it wasn't as clean looking as they thought. But it was intended to look grainy and have tint to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dropped in to JB and couldn't see it so asked the assistant, she went out back and came back......... $38.99 :wacko: looked at her and just laughed, she said yeah I know but it should be cheaper in a week or so.

Looks like they are trying to sting those who want it asap when they know they're overpriced <_<

Cheers