Topfield May 2010 Firmware

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume as a 2460 owner that I use the 2400 firmware seeing as there's none listed for the 2460?

No, the 2460 needs separate firmware. All four have been being tested together, so I would expect to see 2460 firmware in the next day or so.

No, the 2460 needs separate firmware. All four have been being tested together, so I would expect to see 2460 firmware in the next day or so.

OK, thanks for the info :)

I was a bit suprised that there's no firmware available there at all for the 2460 though.

Excellent

getting access to the multiple timers will be good.

Not having the timer issue will be even better (brothers and sisters failed tonight, so my wife missed 5 minutes or so. Could have been worse. Won't want to miss Lost over the next week or so!).

Having the NTFS drive support will be easier as well.

But, I am still on version 1.02, so it looks like my history of recordings over the last 8 months is about to disappear (I understand that the recorded file format changed a few firmwares ago, post 1.02). I probably wasn't going to watch the golf recordings anyway, but the super-8 recordings will need to be redone.

Still, I am very happy the firmware upgrade is available.

Benje

Edited by Benje

Topfield has released it's Quad Recording Firmware for 3 models today

7100HD+

Go To

http://www.itopfield.com.au/products.asp

Select the Relevant Model

Click on Firmwares button

Click on the Download Link for the latest firmware

I've got a 2400. Last time they upgraded any recordings from before the upgrade were "lost" as the extension changed from .REC to .mpg and the old ones couldn't be played. Are there any similar issues this time around?

Also if, for whatever reason, I want to go back to the old firmware, is it just a matter or re-installing the old one?

Apart from Quad Recording, any other additional features of note or bugs fixed?

I think quite a few users will also appreciate NTFS support, pre padding as well as the previous post padding, TAP support for the 7160 and a number of other things.

Remember it's quad timer recording, as you can also time-shift record a 5th service.

The 2460 firmware page lists the 12 May 10 firmware - was it just uploaded later?

Topfield Aus probably ran out of time yesterday trying to get all the firmware versions on the website yesterday afternoon hence the one day delay for the 2460 firmware.

And for those of us, who have persevered with the 7000............ not a sausage! :rolleyes:

There are some betas for the 7100 & 7000 being tested at the moment

The 7000 is supposed to have the hdmi and loss of channels fixed.

We've been advised to pass it on to owners who suffer either or both of these problems

Send me a private message through the itopfield website with your email and I can send it to you.

Note: This will only work on a 7000 that hasn't had a mainboard upgrade to a 7100 board.

Edited by Vortical

We've been advised to pass it on to owners who suffer either or both of these problems

Send me a private message through the itopfield website with your email and I can send it to you.

Note: This will only work on a 7000 that hasn't had a mainboard upgrade to a 7100 board.

Will installing the Firmware, erase recordings on the HDD, or just the timers?

Will installing the Firmware, erase recordings on the HDD, or just the timers?

It won't erase recordings from the HDD.

Timers would be erased if you did a factory reset which I would advise doing before and after the upgrade along with an initial power cycle before you do anything at all if your serious about trying to get rid of the loss of services bug.

The last thing we want is someone trying to test it without at least trying to reset and configure the pvr from scratch.

Edited by Vortical

vortical (and others)

I gather that the firmware upgrade needs to be done via USB, as the network upgrade is not currently available for v1.10. Just wanted to check some understandings before I attempt to install the firmware (again).

I will be upgrading from v1.04.

I understand that I won't be able to play my old recordings on the new version (as the file type changed in about v1.7 or so). I assume the old recordings will still be there, and be able to be transferred to a PC, perhaps for amendment if I really need to.

I assume that the firmware upgrade is best done using a USB (FAT32 formatted, I presume, not NTFS). How big is the file? I presume it will fit on a 4GB USB. It is probably 10MB or so, so probably a really silly question. Sorry.

I gather from your notes above that it is best to factory reset, then firmware upgrade, then factory reset again. I assume jumping from v1.04 to v1.10 does not cause an issue. Correct?

Thanks

Benje

Does the 7000 need to be on a particular firmware before upgrading to this one Vortical?

vortical (and others)

I gather that the firmware upgrade needs to be done via USB, as the network upgrade is not currently available for v1.10. Just wanted to check some understandings before I attempt to install the firmware (again).

I will be upgrading from v1.04.

I understand that I won't be able to play my old recordings on the new version (as the file type changed in about v1.7 or so). I assume the old recordings will still be there, and be able to be transferred to a PC, perhaps for amendment if I really need to.

I assume that the firmware upgrade is best done using a USB (FAT32 formatted, I presume, not NTFS). How big is the file? I presume it will fit on a 4GB USB. It is probably 10MB or so, so probably a really silly question. Sorry.

I gather from your notes above that it is best to factory reset, then firmware upgrade, then factory reset again. I assume jumping from v1.04 to v1.10 does not cause an issue. Correct?

Thanks

Benje

well, I successfully updated my topfield 2400 using a FAT32 USB, containing a 10MB file. Very quick and painless to do a USB firmware update.

reset before and afterwards, and rescanned the channels. All good, but I have some duplicate channels with poor signals to remove.

V1.10 plays all of my old files. That is a bonus that I thought I was going to lose. Perhaps v1.10 has some backwards compatability, or perhaps what I thought I had read about incompatability was wrong, or misunderstood by myself.

The remote now has +60 seconds, +30 and -10 skips. Excellent.

The pre and post padding is good. Recorded 20, 72 and 70 simultaneously tonight.

Very happy with Topfield at present. Will try NTFS later.

Benje

Edited by Benje

Very happy with Topfield at present.

That's what we like to hear

Judging by how quiet it's been since the firmware was released I hope that means everyone is enjoying the update and doesn't have any major bugs or problems.

Judging by how quiet it's been since the firmware was released I hope that means everyone is enjoying the update and doesn't have any major bugs or problems.

"it works"

no loss of on-disk content. I didn't do a 'factory reset' and its working fine FWIW but I might be missing something.

quad recording is fine, and JustEPG works fine with it too: I am told its model of 'how many recorders' automatically worked out that the sub-channels meant it could handle 2 per carrier, and I successfully recorded 3 distinct shows, including ICEtv web triggered recordings last night.

I think the 7100HD+ is a finer beast after this firmware. It amuses me that it says 'DNLA coming soon' on the web, because I was told that was a feature set reserved to the 24xx series, even though they share hardware with the 7100hd+ and 7160. I suspect its a web snafu and they will back that line out. But if not, the only thing a 24xx has on a 71xxHD+ is the analogue-in recording feature. (which btw I wanted, but the $price differential was too much)

Good firmware. 2 days experience, maybe more time needed to expose bugs, but so far, looking schweet.

-G

Not to sound sceptical (and thank you for the upd. file) but in my experience, every new Firmware works well for about three weeks before the wheels fall off. It's a little early to tell but in my case, so far, so good. :D