One Hd Should Be In 720p

makes no to little difference.

Sport when captured with 1080 lines is usually captured 50 interlaced fields from completely different points in time 50 progressive frames with each frame converted to 1 field, it isn't captured as 1080p25 then converted to 1080i50, therefore it has 50Hz motion.

The De-interlacer used should be smart enough to detect whether it is receiving 50 fields from different points in time or 25p carried as 50i (2 fields from same point in time) and apply the appropriate de-interlacing method. If it's 25p carried as 50i, all it needs to do is weave the 2 fields back together, if it's 50 fields from different points in time, it'll either bob de-interlace (resolution is halved with lines 1 and 2 being almost identical, like wise for 3 and 4, 5 and 6, etc.) or it can be smart about it and weave non motion parts (e.g. the background) and bob de-interlace the rest. the deinterlacing process will create 50 frames per second.

Edited by digitalj

makes no to little difference.

Yeah but there does come the point where the required bitrate for fast action is more appropriate in 1280x720p50 than 1080i50, whether that's 1920x1080i or 1440x1080i or 1280x1080i.

Speaking of appropriate, this is the wrong forum. Please take this up in the HD Formats subforum.

CK.