Best Way To Move 50" Plasma

I apologise in advance if this topic has already been discussed. I will be moving house in a few months time and was wandering the best way to relocate my 50" Plasma. The reason I ask this is because the actual T.V was picked up by a Technician recently and was being transported from the central Coast to Sydney for repair. When I asked him how he was going to transport it, he said on its back, face up, wrapped in removalist blankets. He further stated that if they were stood up on their stand, they could suffer from whip lash caused by any small movement, causing damage and should be directly stood next to something hard, but whilst in a blanket to reduced the risk, but the room in his truck did not allow for this. I only have to move 1km and have a Ford Territory so lying it down for me would be fine if this is the best way to do this. I do not have the box it came in.

Any ideas would be appreciated, or should I just trust the removalist.

Thanks

Kevin

i have always been told plasma's should never be laid down flat as it can cause the colours to not settle in properly when turned on, that being said every time i have seen plasmas being delivered to my clients houses they are always flat in the box on the back of a truck and have never caused issues so i may be totally wrong.

You must transport a plasma in the vertical position. The packaging clearly makes a point of this. The manuals for Panasonic plasmas say that laying it flat can "damage the circuitry".

Just last week I had a courier company deliver me a brand new Panasonic that was placed horizontally on the floor of a van. I refused to take delivery but was later promised an exchange, so I took it for the time being. Out of the box the TV has 6 dead pixels, which imo is pretty unusual for a Panasonic.

+1 vertical, properly secured.

Ditto. If the arrows on the plasma box says transport upright, then do so. From my daily experience watching freight being loaded and unloaded by professionals out of sight of the customers, they're the last people you should imitate when contemplating moving your own precious items. They do, however, show how well your things should be packed if they're to survive a journey. Fragile at best means to them 'try to catch this parcel before the first bounce'. And more stickers don't really help :unsure:

My precious T.V. finally came back from the repairers yesterday. The T.V. travelled from Sydney to Newcastle, then back to me on the Central Coast, a distance of approximately 200klms in all, with different stops between. They pulled the T.V. out of the van, it was wrapped in a blanket, lying on its back, apparently for the whole trip. The T.V. was connected up, switched on. And all things are o.k. So far. So we will see.