No Longer For Sale.

Guest JohnA

Guest JohnA

Item: Esoteric X-03SE cd/sacd player

Item Condition: Perfect like new

Reason for selling: Not used

Price: No longer for sale

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, DD for interstate

Extra Info: I have had this player for 1 year and 8 months now. In the last 8-10 months it has had hardly any use as i prefer listening to my TT.

This is a hard decision for me to make, as it is one of the best cdp's/sacd players i have heard in my system, however i feel there is no point having a $13k machine sitting here collecting dust.

I am not desperate to sell and will not entertain any offers at all, so please don't bother pm'ing me.

I have all original packaging for it.

Would prefer local pickup but am happy to ship at buyers expense. Will not be via Aus post though as it is too heavy

Pictures:

Pic

Edited by JohnA

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnA

cheers Drizt

as mentioned, only reason i am selling it is because of lack of use. Mind you, i am spinning a cd now and remember why i purchased it.

• 1 month later...

Guest JohnA

Gutty, the first thing i need to decide is where to put it. I am trying to decide between the library or the living area.

As for clues, well the esoteric cd player will be the main source unit :)

for power amps depends on the speakers i get. However i do have 2 spare channels in the main system so can pull one of the big SGR amps out of there and use it.

For pre amp, i wouldn't mind hunting down another supratek sauvignon if possible

Drizt, thanks mate, still a dream at the moment though

gone bush, hmmmm, maybe i should replace it with a run of the mill teac cd player :)

Edited by JohnA

I would have been interested in this Player if it was for sale a few months prior to May this year; before I purchased my Marantz SA-KI Pearl. This is certainly an awesome looking Player and extremely well-regarded worldwide.

All the Best with your second system, JohnA.

Dan.

gone bush, hmmmm, maybe i should replace it with a run of the mill teac cd player :)

Damn fine idea!

I just happen to have one of those fine pieces of equipment. If you throw in a few bottles of red I swap it for the Esoteric and the wine! :winky:

By the way, which retailers in Australia sell Esoteric gear?

Dan.

Av gallery is one, don't know who might in Perth, though avgallery is the importer so might be able to tell you.

Wow; AV Gallery certainly sells very high-end audio gear.

The new-ish Esoteric X-05 model's RRP of $8,000.00 certainly seems reasonable.

Dan.

Are you replacing? Or adding??? If replacing.. What you selling? :D

Wow; AV Gallery certainly sells very high-end audio gear.

The new-ish Esoteric X-05 model's RRP of $8,000.00 certainly seems reasonable.

Dan.

Pretty serious stuff Dan ! I've been to a couple of their taipan nights where they showcase a bit of their stuff.

Bloody awesome, the stuff of dreams ! :blush:

Are you replacing? Or adding??? If replacing.. What you selling? :D

Nothing...at this stage. :lol:

I'll be sure to let you know if I do sell something. I am extremely happy with my Marantz SA-KI Pearl so I can't see myself selling it any time soon, but never say never! :P

Pretty serious stuff Dan ! I've been to a couple of their taipan nights where they showcase a bit of their stuff.

Bloody awesome, the stuff of dreams ! :blush:

I was just about to drool at the gear they sell. Really awesome stuff. I suppose that I can only dream... :o

Nothing...at this stage. :lol:

I'll be sure to let you know if I do sell something. I am extremely happy with my Marantz SA-KI Pearl so I can't see myself selling it any time soon, but never say never! :P

I have lots of time, will make a decision in September or later... So no hurry.. PM sent on ramblings/questions on other stuffs.

I have lots of time, will make a decision in September or later... So no hurry.. PM sent on ramblings/questions on other stuffs.

Just PM'd you, mate. I suppose that you could purchase my KI-Pearl so that I can purchase an Esoteric. :P

Guest JohnA
Just PM'd you, mate. I suppose that you could purchase my KI-Pearl so that I can purchase an Esoteric. :P

i auditioned both the x-05 and x-03SE, you may easily work out which i preferred :)

yes ref av has some very tasty gear, and how many places do you know that will just drop off $20k worth of cd players to ones home for in home auditions

dantan, if you ever to feel you may want to upgrade to an esoteric player, shoot me off a PM, if i haven't started building system no 2 i may still be tempted to sell it

i auditioned both the x-05 and x-03SE, you may easily work out which i preferred :)

yes ref av has some very tasty gear, and how many places do you know that will just drop off $20k worth of cd players to ones home for in home auditions

dantan, if you ever to feel you may want to upgrade to an esoteric player, shoot me off a PM, if i haven't started building system no 2 i may still be tempted to sell it

Thanks John.

The X-03SE is a much dearer unit and no doubt a superior Player and hence you purchased it. I shall certainly let you know IF (and it is a big IF) I do end up upgrading to an Esoteric Player.

Dan.

Where I purchased my Marantz SA-KI Pearl SACD/CD Player from, I even offered to pay FULL RRP for the unit and bring it home for a weekend and if I didn't like it, I would return it for a full refund but if I liked it, we could work out a good price for me for it and they could refund me the balance, but even then, they did not agree! That was going to be $4,999.00 in their account!

Wish I live over East! :P

Guest JohnA
Where I purchased my Marantz SA-KI Pearl SACD/CD Player from, I even offered to pay FULL RRP for the unit and bring it home for a weekend and if I didn't like it, I would return it for a full refund but if I liked it, we could work out a good price for me for it and they could refund me the balance, but even then, they did not agree! That was going to be $4,999.00 in their account!

Wish I live over East! :P

damn, thats a bit rough. I most likely would not have purchased one if i could not home audition. Too risky to just think it will work in your system.

Sometimes though you get very lucky