Is There A Machine ? Bd And Htv

Hi Guys

is there such a machine that does Blu-ray DVD's and is also a High Def Tuner to run my projector?

projector will be a JVC 550

recording is not a massive issue to be honest but it can be a recorder if it has to be

main concern is High Def TV and a real good Blu-ray player

thanks in advance for your replies as i can't seem to find these kind of stats etc but i don't understand most of the lingo on the websites

cheers

Darren

thanks guys , that JB hifi deal looks pretty good ?

also i won't be moving into the new house till August , so the question is do i wait and see what is new on the market come july or august or what ?

are LG blu ray players any good ?

i will be running it all through a amp so i can easy to two units if need be but i guess was trying to keep it simple

amp so far only has the PS3 and projector to the connections by HDMI

also does the PS3 do all the right things for a blu ray player? if this is suitable then i might just need a PVR

also does the PS3 do all the right things for a blu ray player? if this is suitable then i might just need a PVR

The PS3 is a very capable Bluray player, especially the Slim. You could add a PlayTV to the PS3, but a true PVR would have far more functionality

The PS3 is a very capable Bluray player, especially the Slim. You could add a PlayTV to the PS3, but a true PVR would have far more functionality

is play TV a high def tuner? i am a bit lost here ?

i found the PS3 good for blu-ray but not got all functions etc

i could be missing something though lol

july august ? will there be new one's by then ? should i hold off

Edited by DBL15

is play TV a high def tuner? i am a bit lost here ?
PlayTV is a twin HD tuner add-on for PS3 - though really it only allows you to record 1 channel and watch another live. DSE have a special on this weekend for $144 you get PlayTV and the PS3 bluetooth remote. It's OK for maybe an occasional recording device, but I reckon a dedicated HD PVR would offer far more functionality.
july august ? will there be new one's by then ? should i hold off
PS3s - no. They only just released the Slim

BD and HDTV devices - maybe. There's always some new device coming soon. Just depends whether you want to wait or jump onto something now.

PlayTV is a twin HD tuner add-on for PS3 - though really it only allows you to record 1 channel and watch another live. DSE have a special on this weekend for $144 you get PlayTV and the PS3 bluetooth remote. It's OK for maybe an occasional recording device, but I reckon a dedicated HD PVR would offer far more functionality.

PS3s - no. They only just released the Slim

BD and HDTV devices - maybe. There's always some new device coming soon. Just depends whether you want to wait or jump onto something now.

Hi Diesel

thanks for your help mate , i all ready have the PS3 so are you saying that i can use play TV as a high Def tuner? to watch normal TV eg sports etc ?

as i say i don't record hardly any shows at all so that sounds fine

and i will be doing the 16:9 screen as the projector media room is for 80% games and 10% movies and 10% TV so it sounds like my PS3 can do everything i need?

i will just have to work out how to do it :lol::lol::lol:

i hope someone on the gold coast or brissy is willing to help me once the house is done for a fee of course

i all ready have the PS3 so are you saying that i can use play TV as a high Def tuner? to watch normal TV eg sports etc ?

Yes that is correct. It'll recieve HD FTA broadcasts and allows you to watch and record FTA transmissions.

PlayTV just hooks up to the PS3 via USB and you plug an aerial lead in the other end of the PlayTV unit. Scan in your local TV stations and you're done. Pretty simple really.

Here's some info on PlayTV - CNET review