Which One - P50g10a Or Kdl55ex500?

Hello All,

Stuck in a bit of a dilemma and looking to see some of your thoughts. Need to purchase a TV in the coming fortnight and I am looking for a full HD plasma or LCD in a 50”+ for a good price. I have come down to two different models, being the Panasonic P50G10a Plasma and the Sony KDL55EX500 LCD. The TV will be used for movies, gaming and TV. Mainly movies.

Prices will be approx $1500 for the Panasonic and $2000 for the Sony.

My mate purchased the Sony yesterday for $2064 with 5 yr warranty, some HDMI cables, a powerbox and the Playstation 3 offer (worth $499RRP). So basically $1600 for a 55 inch LCD.

The other way is to go with the Panasonic 50” Neo Plasma which on the weekend was advertised for $1528 at JBHI, so adding the extra warranty could probably go for $1700 unless bargaining could be done on that price.

So if you had $2k cash sitting there which one would it be and why? Your thoughts…

Cheers, Mlads

I think you'd be just as happy with either of them. I would go the sony simply because of the extra size.

Are you sure the panasonic at JB is Neo? I thought neo was $4k?

Where did your friend get the sony for $2,064? I'm in the market for this TV as well.

Hello All,

Stuck in a bit of a dilemma and looking to see some of your thoughts. Need to purchase a TV in the coming fortnight and I am looking for a full HD plasma or LCD in a 50"+ for a good price. I have come down to two different models, being the Panasonic P50G10a Plasma and the Sony KDL55EX500 LCD. The TV will be used for movies, gaming and TV. Mainly movies.

Prices will be approx $1500 for the Panasonic and $2000 for the Sony.

My mate purchased the Sony yesterday for $2064 with 5 yr warranty, some HDMI cables, a powerbox and the Playstation 3 offer (worth $499RRP). So basically $1600 for a 55 inch LCD.

The other way is to go with the Panasonic 50" Neo Plasma which on the weekend was advertised for $1528 at JBHI, so adding the extra warranty could probably go for $1700 unless bargaining could be done on that price.

So if you had $2k cash sitting there which one would it be and why? Your thoughts…

Cheers, Mlads

Is it a bright room? As ambient light levels will affect the plasma alot in relation to perception of black levels and detail to some extent. How far from the screen will you be sitting? Bigger is usually better though ay... ;)

JSmith :ninja:

Hey peoples,

JB Werribee Plaza it was purchased at (the Sony).

The Panasonic 50" is a P50G10a, 12th generation neoPDP panel. JB had it for $1528 advertised last week, surely it can come down.

Cheers