Jungson Impression Mk2 Luxury Edition + Other Chinese Players

Hi guys,

Should be on this front page

Just wondering if any of you guys have has any experiences with this player or any other of these chinese source units (Shangling, Yaqin, MHZS etc etc)?

I've always been curious about tube rolling and CD players - introducing 'nice' distortion to the material.

Am looking at the Jungson unit as it's so damn sexy and has all the connectivity options I want (AES, coaxial, RCA tubed, RCA SS, XLR SS) to do some testing on.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Should be on this front page

Just wondering if any of you guys have has any experiences with this player or any other of these chinese source units (Shangling, Yaqin, MHZS etc etc)?

I've always been curious about tube rolling and CD players - introducing 'nice' distortion to the material.

Am looking at the Jungson unit as it's so damn sexy and has all the connectivity options I want (AES, coaxial, RCA tubed, RCA SS, XLR SS) to do some testing on.

A quick update - seeing as no one chipped in regarding these guys, I decided to jump in an order one anyway. I ordered one off Cattylink and have to say, so far I am REALLY impressed with them. They do a quality assurance test on each of their products before shipping them out. I got the following email from their technical manager Chris Ma this morning apologising for the 'delay'

DEAR SIR,

I AM CHRIS MA, TECHNICAL MANAGER OF THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT UNIT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QA TEST OF YOUR ORDERED IMPRESSION MKII LUXURY EDITION. ORIGINALLY TEST HAS BEEN COMPLETED BUT AT THE FINAL INSPECTION BY ME UNDER STRONG LIGHT I HAD DISCOVERED A SMALL DENT ON THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER (UNDERSIDE) OF THE TOP PLATE. ALTHOUGH THE DENT IS VERY SMALL BUT I CONSIDER THAT THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR AN OWNER OF THIS BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF ART. I HAD MADE THE DECISION OF NOT SENDING THIS TO YOU AND HAD INITIATED A QA CHECK ON ANOTHER NEW SET. I WILL ARRANGE TO SEND THAT UNIT BACK TO JUNGSON FOR REPLACEMENT.

THIS WILL CAUSE A FEW DAYS DELAY ON SENDING OUT YOUR ORDER SINCE QA TEST IS IN PROGRESS ON THE NEW ONE BUT I THINK IT IS A RIGHT MEASURE TO PROTECT YOUR BENEFIT AND WISH FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING. ALSO I MAY SHORTEN THE TEST TOO WHEN SITUATION REQUIRES.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR ANY INSTRUCTIONS. I CAN ARRANGE TO STOP THE QA TEST ON THE NEW UNIT IF YOU REQUIRE AN IMMEDIATE DELIVERY. (IN ANY CASE THE UNIT WITH THE SMALL DENT WILL NOT BE SOLD TO ANY CLIENTS ACCORDING TO OUR COMPANY PRACTICE).

RESPECTFULLY,

CHRIS MA

I replied, saying that I appreciated their QA testing and don't mind waiting if that ensured a perfect unit to which he sent the following reply

DEAR SIR,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INSTRUCTIONS. VERY PLEASED TO KNOW THAT YOU LIKE MY WAY OF BEING PERFECTIONIST TOO. THE DELAY WILL NOT BE LONG INDEED AS THE NEW UNIT IS PERFORMING WELL ON THE QA TESTS. I WILL DO MY BEST TO ENSURE YOUR RECEIPT OF A PERFECT UNIT.

RESPECTFULLY,

CHRIS MA

Now I could be cynical and think that this is a standard email that they just send out to impress customers, but my gut feeling is that they are very legit and serious about their quality assurance testing :) I only ordered the unit last Thursday/Friday, so realistically, there hasn't even been a delay on it yet as they have just finished their 2 day QA assurance testing and reported to me without even any prompting from my end.

Cattylink I think has made it onto my recommended dealer list even before I've received any goods from them...

Cattylink I think has made it onto my recommended dealer list even before I've received any goods from them...

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but don't count the chickens until they're hatched... :ninja:

But love to hear your review when you get it though. :)

...Looking forward to review! Also am wanting a nice cd transport.

I have a Jungson JA88D (09) Class A. Very nice sound.

I have to say, I am REALLY impressed with their customer service so far. Best customer service I've had from Asia ever I think...I think I'll excuse Chris's use of CAPITALS :)

The unit has already arrived in the Sydney shipping office today. Should get it tomorrow or Tuesday I hope :)

DEAR SIR,

VERY PLEASED TO INFORM YOU THAT I HAD SIGNED PERFECT PASS ON THE NEW UNIT SUBSTITUTED. OUR COLLEAGUES HAD ARRANGED PROFESSIONAL PACKAGING AND DELIVERY PICKUP ON SATURDAY MORNING, TRACKING NUMBER IS xxxxxxxxxxxx

YOU CAN START TRACKING THE PROGRESS (LATEST TRACKING RESULT COPIED BELOW FOR YOUR INSTANT REFERENCE).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT, PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING ON MY WORK.

RESPECTFULLY,

CHRIS MA

I have to say, I am REALLY impressed with their customer service so far. Best customer service I've had from Asia ever I think...I think I'll excuse Chris's use of CAPITALS :)

Serial number's not in caps :ninja:...

In general I find customer service very good in Singapore & HK (but it is really hit and miss).. When you find a shop with good service, you'd be real impressed.. OTOH bad service can make you mad, and sometimes you gotta put up with the extremely bad service becoz they're the only guys with the stock :angry:.

The unit has already arrived in the Sydney shipping office today. Should get it tomorrow or Tuesday I hope :)

Today? Cograts, pics, pics, pics!...

Serial number's not in caps :ninja:...

In general I find customer service very good in Singapore & HK (but it is really hit and miss).. When you find a shop with good service, you'd be real impressed.. OTOH bad service can make you mad, and sometimes you gotta put up with the extremely bad service becoz they're the only guys with the stock :angry:.

Today? Cograts, pics, pics, pics!...

I can post a pic of yet another big brown box now...haven't opened it yet. My lounge room is kinda of getting a bit messy. Have the new VAF backpanels there for the I-93 as well. The JTR Quintuple is the big box in front of the Jungson...I really should unpack some stuff eh?

I can post a pic of yet another big brown box now...haven't opened it yet. My lounge room is kinda of getting a bit messy. Have the new VAF backpanels there for the I-93 as well. The JTR Quintuple is the big box in front of the Jungson...I really should unpack some stuff eh?

Can't seem to get the XLR outputs working...thinking it may be a setting on my preamp even though I have enabled a Balanced input on my preamp to the PHONO channel.

The tube output and solid state RCA outputs are working though. Haven't tried the digital outputs yet.

The XLR outputs should be working on the player as I'm getting a voltage reading on the multimeter so I'm guessing it's a preamp setting. Will know once I get the DEQX in the system I guess.

Can't seem to get the XLR outputs working...thinking it may be a setting on my preamp even though I have enabled a Balanced input on my preamp to the PHONO channel.

The tube output and solid state RCA outputs are working though. Haven't tried the digital outputs yet.

The XLR outputs should be working on the player as I'm getting a voltage reading on the multimeter so I'm guessing it's a preamp setting. Will know once I get the DEQX in the system I guess.

Done any blind testing yet mate :P hehe

Some pics wouldn't go astray :)

I've got pics up now too :)

BLING!!!

It's all in that album.

Dunno what's wrong with the XLRs though. Gotta do some reading the 80.1's manual I guess.

Now I would do some testing, but seriously, it kind of sounds similar to my Oppo lol. The tube output possibly does sound a bit different, but my auditory memory is too short as it took me time to switch between the tube and transistor RCA outputs. I've been more annoyed at the lack of sound from the XLRs more than anything else. I think I should try some XLR to RCA adaptors first...

The player does make me FEEL good. It glows after all.

The magnetic puck is a nice thing.

Stainless steel top looks fab and hopefully cleans up nicely later on after my fingerprints get all over it. Hope it doesn't rust.

Umm, what else can I say, it's a CD player. It has good DACs inside. Does it's job nicely. The Oppo HDMI's well to the Integra and the Integra does decent processing. So the differences in Direct mode really aren't huge imho. I didn't buy it expecting a huge sound quality difference, I bought it more for bling value and the fact that I've always wanted a really nice CD player from my high school days. Guess I've managed to fulfil that dream now.

The lack of difference could be due to many things. One of them being that there possibly isn't a night and day difference between source equipment. Another being that your 80.1 will be doing the ADC and DAC on the incoming analogue inputs which may have a homogenizing affect.

It looks pretty though, congrats on the new toy :)

The lack of difference could be due to many things. One of them being that there possibly isn't a night and day difference between source equipment. Another being that your 80.1 will be doing the ADC and DAC on the incoming analogue inputs which may have a homogenizing affect.

It looks pretty though, congrats on the new toy :)

HA, I am an idiot!

Instruction manual was needed. Had to select the Balanced audio option via the remote control AFTER setting it in the setup menu.

All working now. Happy days are here.

I think I like the sound out of the XLR's the best. But that's probably because I suspect the signal is slightly louder. I will have to burn a test tone CD and run some measurements on it one day. But heck, this one is my bling toy :D

The Gold Rain Coat RCA cables are funky too. I had to paint one of the shells with a black marker to mark the left channel though.

Argh the digital noise!...

Must say the service is really good..

Congrats...

The thing is new, shiny and glowy! Everything sounds nice coming out of it atm...

But yeah, the service has been excellent!

The thing is new, shiny and glowy! Everything sounds nice coming out of it atm...

But yeah, the service has been excellent!

The customer service from these guys just keeps getting better. Now we have AFTER sales service...

I sent Chris my inspection report to which he replied.

DEAR SIR,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION AND YOUR KINDNESS.

SORRY WITH THE FAINTEST SCRATCH AND SHOULD BE MY NEGLIGENCE ON THAT (THINK I MAY NEED TO CHANGE MY EYEGLASS) SINCE I HAD CHECKED THRU STRONG CONCENTRATED LIGHT. BUT GLAD THAT YOU CAN ACCEPT THAT AND I THINK IT IS BETTER THAN THE MINOR DENT I DISCOVERED ON THE PREVIOUS ORIGINAL UNIT ON QA TEST. I WILL BE MORE CAREFUL ON THAT.

FOR THE REMOTE CONTROL UNIT, WELL, I MUST SAY I HATE IT. FOR SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF ART THIS RCU IS SPOILING ALL THE MOODS. IT IS BECAUSE OF THAT I HAD PAID LITTLE ATTENTION ON THIS AREA. THE PEELING PAINT SHOULD BE DUE TO TRANSPORTATION SCRATCHES FROM JUNGSON WAREHOUSE TO OUR WAREHOUSE SINCE THEY PUT THE RCU FACE UP. ON MY FINISHING THE QA TEST I WILL REQUEST MY STAFFS TO FACE IT DOWN. I THINK IF JUNGSON FOLLOW MY WAY THIS MAY NOT HAPPEN. WE ARE URGING JUNGSON TO CHANGE THE RCU AND I THINK SOME DAY THEY WILL RESPOND TO IT SINCE MANY AUDIOPHILES HATE THAT. IF IN THE FUTURE THE RCU IS CHANGED TO A BETTER LOOKING ONE (SHOULD BE SINCE NO RCU WILL BE UGLIER THAN THAT) I PROMISE TO SEND YOU ONE (OF COURSE TOTALLY FREE) AS MY RESOLUTION TO THE PRESENT PAINT PEELING ISSUE. OF COURSE AT THIS MOMENT, PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGY.

RESPECTFULLY,

CHRIS MA

I feel like buying something else off these guys too just to get good customer service...