Got my 50px80a the next day after mjb_entertainment's 'group buy' buy similar price. I got little discount on the price of their warranty. Thanks mjb_entertainment and Klufi.

I was a little surprised that Myer sells warranty from UnitedElectrical (not sure about the spelling). Don't know if you can get a good price of the warranty directly from United.

What did you pay?? If you dont mind me asking?

Thanks

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50"80a purchased at Myer chatswood $1550 inc delivery. Me and 2 mates all bought today. Young chap told me 1539 was their cost price. At first insisted we take warranty for $269 but in the end we did not take it.

Is there any chance of getting a copy of the invoice??

Im buying tomorrow, i spoke to the guy today, said if i get a copy of the receipt he will match it!!

Anyone else keen, let me know.

LOL no not the glory whole.

It has just a 1 sheet of glass on the front.

model is 50PG60UD

http://au.lge.com/products/category/list/t...ratedhdtv.jhtml

VERY similar in specs to the Pana, and screen looks as good (in some cases i thought better, but still leaning towards the pana)

I got the pana for $1550 last weekend at Myer. One of my mates that purchased with me was going to buy the LG but 3 stores all told us they were not as reliable and most of the stuff ive read on the forums also agrees. Im blown away with the panasonic and think it looks great both the look of it and the picture quality now its in my lounge. The blacks were no where near as good on the LG that was the main difference.

MJB If you want the receipt let me know and ill scan and email you a copy if you give me an address. I dont think you will have to push to hard to get the price. I found it very easy at Myer chatswood.

Edited by backdoor123
I got the pana for $1550 last weekend at Myer. One of my mates that purchased with me was going to buy the LG but 3 stores all told us they were not as reliable and most of the stuff ive read on the forums also agrees. Im blown away with the panasonic and think it looks great both the look of it and the picture quality now its in my lounge. The blacks were no where near as good on the LG that was the main difference.

MJB If you want the receipt let me know and ill scan and email you a copy if you give me an address. I dont think you will have to push to hard to get the price. I found it very easy at Myer chatswood.

THANKS MATE. mjb_entertainment@hotmail.com

Just spoke to them on the phone. The guy was great. He said aslong as its above his cost he will sell it!!

I said $1550. He said no probs. Im planning on buying tomorrow. Hopefully wont take long to get delivered.

Only other prob is i wanted the panasonic HTib Setup, but looks like myer dont sell it!! So back to JB or equivilant.

Would you be willing to send me a copy as well? My email is sonicblue at exemail.com.au B)

Edited by pneu

there are a number of receipts already in this thread and others that range in price from 1539 which includes 5yr warranty to about 1900. So there no need to wait for someone to email you a receipt. Unless of course its from the particular state your in.

Unless of course its from the particular state your in.

Which it is ! Also, it's a receipt from a store that has them in stock and is glad to sell more of it for that low price. Makes perfect sense that people are asking for the receipt.

Keep up the good work backdoor123.

Hey guys,

I got the receipt from Wiki Hd Prices, and also from another user on here from backdoor123!!

IM SO THANK FUL TO BOTH BACKDOOR and DTV for the prices!!!

JB Hifis, best price was $1990!! CASH ONLY! LOL Idiots!!

Anyways any myer store will match that price, also Dick Smith said they can do it for $1600 (I think it may have been $1610 or something).

I went to Chatswood, cause they were the BEST people i have dealt with!! Really know there stuff.

Thanks again

emailed all who requested above. Good luck everyone.

Sorry, can i be a pain and ask for the receipt too.

I have been eyeing off this puppy for the past 3 months and only now the prices are starting to be in my reach. Would love a copy of the receipt

Thanks

What are you guys doing to get this price, tasmanAV $2100, harvey norman $1998, home eletrix $2090, retravision $2100. I would love this TV for the reported $1550. Can someone supply me with a recipte for the good guys, they seem to be the only one that "may match this price" If I can provide another Goodguys recipte.

Most places I go to ask what quoted price I have, when I say the $1550 they dont wanna know about it and say buy it elsewhere.

I suspect you can't always believe what you read.

Or the price was part of a package deal.

I have a recipte from a guy for $1539, seen others. Maybe it was just a promotim panasonic were running for a short time. Dont know. But if someone could help out with some more info that would be great

Snagged one for $1560 + $40 delivery from Myer :) Didn't buy any extras or warranty and didn't have to show a receipt either.

In total I visited over 12 stores and most would not go anywhere near that, even the stores I showed their own receipts to would not have any of it. Basically you just have to get lucky and find a retailer who's willing to let them go for little or no profit , and they can be very hard to find. I think most retailers have a policy that they won't go past a certain amount and if that's the case then no amount of haggling is going to work. In that case you might want to consider ordering one over the phone from a Myer that has already sold at $1539 such as Warringah Mall , Chatswood or Tuggeranong.

looks like dick smith will come to the party. If i provide a recipte from DSE they will match it.

Look around for receipts from DS PowerHouse Parramatta or Chatswood on this thread (or the other Pana price thread). I believe $1531 was the price.

looks like dick smith will come to the party. If i provide a recipte from DSE they will match it.

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p...ainvoicetx6.jpg

Also look on http://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/

Will easily find what is needed.

My experience is to go to Myer or Dick Smith.

Whether they have excess stock or what?? Not sure, but only 2 retailers (I WENT TO HEAPS!) who were willing to sell around that price.

Whether they have excess stock or what?? Not sure, but only 2 retailers (I WENT TO HEAPS!) who were willing to sell around that price.

Myer is the original price smasher on this TV. DSE reluctantly price matched their receipt and since then, the floodgates opened for people.

Myer has been instrumental in providing superb deals to boost their volumes. Smaller margins, decent service, better prices to consumers and huge numbers for them. A recipe I whole-heartedly welcome.

Myer is the original price smasher on this TV. DSE reluctantly price matched their receipt and since then, the floodgates opened for people.

Myer has been instrumental in providing superb deals to boost their volumes. Smaller margins, decent service, better prices to consumers and huge numbers for them. A recipe I whole-heartedly welcome.

Agree 101%

Service was simply sensational from myer chatswood. I would thoroughly recommend them

It's the haggling stage where most arguments takes place. Myer generally deals with the matter in a mature way. If they are not able to price match, they will politely say it's not possible for them, rather than some other shops where the staff looks down upon you or just insults you.

After this, the next issue occurs when the store is not able to deliver. Again, some people do tend to waste your time promising an early delivery and then leaving you hanging on for a long time. Myer was quite transparent for me.

Finally, if there is something wrong with the TV, stores try to fob off customers and pass the buck onto the service centre. Myer has been reasonably good in this department as well, based on people's opinions.

However, a forum user (iGGi) had received the short end of the stick from Myer Canberra when he wanted the Pio 508XDA. A salesman there had promised to order the TVs (he wanted multiple sets) and even confirmed that the order was placed. Later investigation revealed that the man hadn't even bothered to place an order. I had asked him to file a serious complaint with management and I'm pretty certain they would have taken corrective measures. Some other stores with a casual attitude may not look down upon this kind of carelessness.

Well I'm at the stage where I've passed on the old 42" pana to a relative and i'm in the market for a 50" - most likely the px80a... any idea if the latest US market crash is going to affect prices (as in increase it) as our dollar is weakening? Or if the new models are going to drive this even lower by x'mas? I held out buying a few items from the US when the dollar was .95+ now it's dipped below .80 so I'm kicking myself :(

I realise the 50px70a was over 3k last year so for it to have dropped in half the price is pretty huge within the space of a yr. I can survive without a tv, but i don't want to be spending more on a tv in 2-3months time if our goods cost more to import!

I don't get this. Why are we worried about prices of TV's if the USD strengthens against the AUD when the TV's are here now and come from a Japanese company in Japan and the Yen isn't pegged against the USD?

I'm no economist so I maybe missing something obvious but to me it seems that the USD is removed from the situation. I know it's a damn big market and affects other markets but I still don't see much relevance

I don't get this. Why are we worried about prices of TV's if the USD strengthens against the AUD when the TV's are here now and come from a Japanese company in Japan and the Yen isn't pegged against the USD?

I'm no economist so I maybe missing something obvious but to me it seems that the USD is removed from the situation. I know it's a damn big market and affects other markets but I still don't see much relevance

because it might cost more to import when our dollar is weaker against other currencies - i'm not buying current stock if i'm buying in 2-3months time. that's what i'm wondering, if the cost of buying will affect tv's in the market when our dollar has dropped significantly, not talking .01 drops, but .15+ drop against the US dollar.

The other side to that argument is that with the uneasiness of the stockmarket, sales have slowed, yet Panasoinc still has those massive new factories to keep pushing out product, so to stimulate sales you may see extra bonus offers like cashbacks or bundles.

Either way between now and Xmas is a good time to buy IMO.

because it might cost more to import when our dollar is weaker against other currencies - i'm not buying current stock if i'm buying in 2-3months time. that's what i'm wondering, if the cost of buying will affect tv's in the market when our dollar has dropped significantly, not talking .01 drops, but .15+ drop against the US dollar.

Yeah, I follow that but how or why should a currency drop today affect the price as of tomorrow? Surely most stock that's arrived has it's priced roughly fixed until new imported goods arrive? i.e. if it's a slow market for a few months and there's still say half the imported stock available, why would we be worried that the price is suddenly going to come up? I mean, generally you buy an item and it's sitting in the shop or wearhouse, not sitting on a dock over the blue yonder.

Hi

I'm no economist either and there are many forces at work but basically the falling(in relation to US$) A$ does increase the cost of all imports, mainly because 90% of all contracts are in US$, thats whats pizzing the French off at the moment, 85% + of their trade contracts are in US$ and written in English.

All multinationals use currency fluctuations to their advantage if they can,they have special Depts. to monitor all exchange rates,eg Fosters moving money to NZ and back,Bayer moving money around Europe to gain an advantage.

In relation to Panasonic TV's,who knows what the bottom line will be when parts/services/labour etc are going backward and forward from Japan,Korea,China/Taiwan etc before the TV's shipped to Australia. One thing for sure though,a 20% drop in the Oz $ is going to have an impact in the chain somewhere, Gerry Harvey said 2 Months ago that prices will be rising BEFORE Xmas, i know he always says that when the Oz $ goes into freefall but one time he's going to be correct....

Rant over,back to Ebay.

Prices may not rise but may remain constant for a while, thanks to the falling AUD i.e. we won't be able to enjoy the party of free-falling TV prices any more. Promotions may also be slow for a while because they cost the company and it's better for them to lose a few customers rather than lose money on each TV sold.

I have not been able to get a quote below $1200 for the 42" PX8A plasma. If the above prices hold I'll just pick up the 50PX80A for around $1550....extra $350 for 50" ? No brainer....

I don't know where you are but Rockdale(SYD) GG could match the $1099 price for 42px8a the other day when I told them Myer can do it. It's about one month ago though.

Bought from Myer with 5 year warranty for $2000 (in Brisbane).

$1651 for the TV, $349 for the warranty. I admit, I'm a wuss, I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on something and risk something going wrong in 12 months. Myer were absolutely superb, the sales person was very open about what they could do price wise, the whole process was very professional.

Myer also actually had stock, unlike everywhere else I visited.

Very happy with the picture quality, I have a 50 inch Conia, (same resolution, uses a Panasonic panel) but the difference was evident. I guess this newer generation of panels is far superior.