Blu Ray Bargains Thread

I normally buy the disc version in 4K if it is available. If it's only available here on Blu-ray or only on DVD, and Apple TV (used to be iTunes) have it on 4K, I'll buy the digital version.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20% off at JB HiFi until Sunday 4 March, there is also a coupon for those who subscribe for tomorrow 2 March only for an extra 10% off.

Hi Guys , Buy one get one free on some UHD and Bluray titles on Amazon.com.au https://www.amazon.com.au/b/ref=mh_5637335051_is_pn_2?node=5637335051&qid=1525955642&tag=ozbargain-22&am

20% off DVD's, Blu-ray, and 4K at JB HiFi now on. Finishes on Sunday.

Even if you don't already have one.. a large proportion (not all - so best to check the packaging) of UHD titles include a BluRay copy of the movie so you can just get your collection ready for UHD. 

That being said - more and more guys I know are just getting their movies off iTunes. Some of the offers are pretty good and the new releases (re-releases) have been getting UHD HDR/Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos visual and audio upgrades. For one thing, the deals can be really good (Spiderman 1-3, Amazing Spiderman 1-2 and Homecoming all for under $50 with UHD HDR and Dolby Atmos). And second of all, if you ever purchased the movie off iTunes in the past (at DVD or 1080p quality, you will get the upgraded 4K version when they become available) - makes guys who double/triple/quadruple dip their purchases on LaserDisc, DVD, HD DVD, BluRay and now UHD look like suckers

I get disappointed in the AQ from a lot of apple TV digital downloads. I much prefer hard media
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

20% off DVD, Blu-ray and 4K UHD until March 4. There is also a coupon for an extra 10% off today only if you are a subscriber to JB's newsletters.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

20% off DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K UHD until 12 October. There is also an extra 5% off coupon for today only if you get JB emails.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/10/2020 at 6:59 PM, bigev said:

Buy 1 get 1 free for 4k Ultra Blue-ray at JB. I got the complete Star Wars series for $130 delivered.

Nice score. I noticed a few days ago most were not included in the 2 for 1, would have done the same.

On 02/11/2020 at 1:34 PM, gwavz said:

JB HiFi BUY 2 GET 1 FREE is on for Star Wars again.

Will have to get in there, thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

20% off DVD, Blu-ray and 4K UHD at JB HiFi until Sunday 9 May.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

30% off DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K UHD until tomorrow the 11th (online only in Sydney).