Anyone Buying A Bravia Who Doesn't Want The Ps3?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is seriously thinking of selling their PS3 to these people for under $500, just know that on eBay they're going for $500-550. $100-150 for not much effort is worth it in my books. People offering less than $500 are taking the piss, seriously.

Edited by mech

I'm on the northern beaches in sydney and if anyone around this area wants to sell their unopened PS3 please send me a pm or call 0416225458.

Happy to pay $500

Cheers

Anyone?

Will pick up from anywhere in sydney and pay cash of course.

If anyone is seriously thinking of selling their PS3 to these people for under $500, just know that on eBay they're going for $500-550. $100-150 for not much effort is worth it in my books. People offering less than $500 are taking the piss, seriously.

Don't forget ebay will probably slug you $50 in fees so a price of $450-500 is fair.

Agreed. 500 is a very fair price to pay.

Yeah I agree, I offered someone here $500 for theres but they've promised it to someone for less apparently :wacko:

If anyone else in Melbourne wants $500 cash shoot me a pm.

You people are still delusional. The RRP is $699. Ebay prices are not $500!! They are $600+

To anyone with a ps3 who wants maximum return, ebay! Or private, but please $450 or $500 is simply looking for a sucker. Dont be the sucker!

to give you an idea:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-Sony-Play...1QQcmdZViewItem

And he's charging $50 postage as well :o

considering it will only cost him $25 max (I recently sold a 360 in it's a original box and it cost just under $25 registered parcel post), he's looking at over $520 nett already with days to run on the auction.

btw, I bought my Bravia 40W today, so I will have a PS3 for sale in Brisbane once it arrives ... but it won't be going for less than $550.

People, $550 is an absolute bargain for a machine that can play Blue Ray, game in HD and play online for free and surf the net. And there is more to come! It's not surprising they are fetching $600 or more in eBay.

I was going to sell mine for $500, happy I didn't. If you look at Wii and Xbox 360, you'd be paying that much just for the game machine itself :rolleyes: .

You people are still delusional. The RRP is $699. Ebay prices are not $500!! They are $600+

To anyone with a ps3 who wants maximum return, ebay! Or private, but please $450 or $500 is simply looking for a sucker. Dont be the sucker!

to give you an idea:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-Sony-Play...1QQcmdZViewItem

yawn...the gramaphone needle seems to be stuck!!

People are now well aware of what they are doing and if they want to sell for $400 or so in a private sale without the need to give out personal details to ebay then thats their perogative. Be abusive somewhere else!!!

if they want to sell for $400 or so in a private sale without the need to give out personal details to ebay then thats their perogative.

And they wouldn't have to give out personal details selling through this forum ?

Sure do seem to be a lot of ebay knockers in here.

And they wouldn't have to give out personal details selling through this forum ?

I sell on ebay constantly, and for some of the ppl here who do not have the time, or cbf messing around with listing the PS3 to make 29$, do you blame them for selling it for 500, or for 450. Its up to the person how they wish to sell it and if the think the gain they could make is less important to them that the time and effort put into selling on ebay, ie starting account, listing, writing add etc. Good luck to ppl who want to sell it either way, and hope everyone ends up satisfied

I'm not knocking ebay, simply stating the obvious. You wouldn't have to give out credit card and any personal details other than an email address, thats for sure if you didn't want to. On here, a few PMs and an arrangement to meet in a public place is all that is required - no need for personal details to be exchanged if either party doesn't want it. Far easier!! Ebay require a credit card no. to be logged and permission to allow ebay to store it, before you can even ask a seller a question. Not for me I'm afraid!!!

Edited by Top_Bhoy

I'm not knocking ebay, simply stating the obvious. You wouldn't have to give out credit card and any personal details other than an email address, thats for sure if you didn't want to. On here, a few PMs and an arrangement to meet in a public place is all that is required - no need for personal details to be exchanged if either party doesn't want it. Far easier!! Ebay require a credit card no. to be logged and permission to allow ebay to store it, before you can even ask a seller a question. Not for me I'm afraid!!!

i was in no way directing what i was saying towards you, i was saying that if ppl want to do it on this forum, good on them, as some people do like the time and effort of ebay and i personally dont blame them. Truly, imo if u get 500 on here rather than 530 on ebay well you should be happy if you didnt want to mess around with all the garbage on ebay of setting up. I was going to purchase one off ebay or OS, but am now willing to purchase one off anyone in wollongong area, and no i am not trying to rip anyone off lol. Sell it how u want, just make sure u r happy in the end :)

Edited by bart_on

Keep trying!

Andrew - we finally agree on something. I dont believe it. The internet is fabolos!

i was in no way directing what i was saying towards you, i was saying that if ppl want to do it on this forum, good on them, as some people do like the time and effort of ebay and i personally dont blame them. Truly, imo if u get 500 on here rather than 530 on ebay well you should be happy if you didnt want to mess around with all the garbage on ebay of setting up. I was going to purchase one off ebay or OS, but am now willing to purchase one off anyone in wollongong area, and no i am not trying to rip anyone off lol. Sell it how u want, just make sure u r happy in the end :)

I knew it wasn't directed at me :P ! I tend to agree with you - its for people to make up their own minds how they sell it as well as for people to make offers. They should be able to do either action in an atmosphere where they aren't being consistently called a sucker or a scammer (or worse). I've seen neither signs of a sucker or a scammer in this thread but I have saw signs of a few abusive and ignorant people.

I do use the internet a huge amount but ebay, in my opinion, for a so called 'legitimate' business, is just about the worst organisation there is. I have bad experiences with ebay through no fault of my own except trying to 'do the right thing' which I won't go into in detail here. I have only used it about 4or 5 times but only for small purchases with money I could afford to lose ie $50 max. Any more than that, I'd want to see it in person as theres a lot of real scammers out there and then, if you have a problem, there's just a faceless organisation which ebay hide behind.