Panasonic Group Buy, Owners Showoff Thread.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc, thanks for the photo's, they are fantastic! :) Just what I needed while I wait for the call from our sales man...

Can you tell me how long your new entertainment unit is and where you got it from? I like the look of it and it looks the right size.

I ordered a new one myself yesterday from my local HN. I was tossing up between the 1500mm and 1800mm models and ended up going for the larger one - thought it would look better.

I had to go with this one as it was the only one I could find that would accommodate my large centre speaker - http://www.criterionfurniture.com/product....amp;country=AUS.

Apparently the supplier has it in stock but it is still going to take a week or two to arrive. I should have my plasma way before then - how hard is it to put one on a truck and send it straight out.... It's not the days of the horse and cart!!! :(

Shapes, looking forward to seeing yours set up! :)

Can you tell me how long your new entertainment unit is and where you got it from? I like the look of it and it looks the right size.

I had to go with this one as it was the only one I could find that would accommodate my large centre speaker - http://www.criterionfurniture.com/product....amp;country=AUS.

Mate, mine is actually a Criterion as well... called the Modena and this one is 2130mm wide. You can see it at the Criterion site on this page.

The 1800mm option would be fine for the TV alone, but you might be pressed to fit anything either side if you intend for it to be 'jazzed up' a bit for the loungeroom etc etc. ^_^

Cheers,

Doc.

Mate, mine is actually a Criterion as well... called the Modena and this one is 2130mm wide. You can see it at the Criterion site on this page.

Ah, bugger... I didn't realise they had more entertainment units listed under the Living Range. I assumed they would of been all under the Entertainment Range, so I didn't bother to look in there. Umm, lacquered black finish... very nice! Would match the Pana very well :)

Just to think I actually ordered the 1500mm first, it would of had only an extra 244mm spare compared to the 534mm which I am getting now.

I've got a feeling you would of paid a bit more then me for it too! ;)

I've got a feeling you would of paid a bit more then me for it too! ;)

About a 1/3 of the TV's price :P - seems to be the norm for the laquered type lowline units though.

Most expensive one I saw was in Natuzzi... 8 grand. Very nice, but was a bit too much for wooden box I thought. :rolleyes:

Dr.

G/B is over.

Sorry to all those who were still up'in'air about it..

Some people have to ruin it for the rest of us......

What happened? From what I gathered, the GB ended because someone posted the prices on another forum? Did the retailer/supplier find out and get pissed???

I guess I was lucky my order has been put through and I am getting it on Wednesday!!!

Hey guys can someone help me out,im a long time member but havent been on for quite a while and im sorry if its posted else where,if so please let me know.

Does anyone have optimum settings for the Pana 50" 70A ???A mate of mine picked one up yesterday and i helped him set it up and we were fiddling with settings and couldnt seem to get the best out of this unit so any help would be great :D

Cheers Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Ive asked the exact same question for my own purposes. I dont yet have the 50PX70A but am waiting for it as part of the Group buy.

No one seems to have an answer for settings on this generation panels but ive got some settings for the last generation which should hopefully give the same results. These were originally settings for the PV500 range but worked well for the PX600 so hopefully will be the same for 70/700.

If you adopt these settings let the rest of us here know how well they worked. Im assuming the 10th Gen panels have the same amount of increments in adjustment as the previous model.

Ive asked the same question many times as have others but I guess everyone is wanting to keep their 70/700 settings secret like its the 11 secret herb recipe for KFC.

The PX600 has:

63 increments for Contrast, Brightness, and Colour, and

6 increments for Sharpness.

DVI->HDMI (HD STB)

Mode: Standard

Contrast: 78 (63 * .78 = 49.14 = 49 increments on the PX600)

Brightness: 29 (63 * .29 = 18.27 = 18 increments on the PX600)

Color: 37 (63 * .37 = 23.31 = 23 increments on the PX600)

Sharpness: 20 (6 * .20 = 1.2 = 1 increment on the PX600)

Color Temp: Standard

Color Management: Off

MPEG NR: Off

Color Matrix: HD

Ch Color Set: Middle

Component (DVD)

Mode: Standard

Contrast: 78 (63 * .78 = 49.14 = 49 increments on the PX600)

Brightness: 29 (63 * .29 = 18.27 = 18 increments on the PX600)

Color: 63 (63 * .63 = 39.69 = 40 increments on the PX600)

Sharpness: 20 (6 * .20 = 1.2 = 1 increment on the PX600)

Color Temp: Standard

Color Management: Off

D.PNR: Off

MPEG NR: Off

Color Matrix: HD

Ch Color Set: Middle

Hey guys can someone help me out,im a long time member but havent been on for quite a while and im sorry if its posted else where,if so please let me know.

Does anyone have optimum settings for the Pana 50" 70A ???A mate of mine picked one up yesterday and i helped him set it up and we were fiddling with settings and couldnt seem to get the best out of this unit so any help would be great :D

Cheers Ryan

42PX70A here might be a place to start. Not sure how close the two would be.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Panasonic-TH42PX...ure-Quality.php

Although the reviewer said there was very little to change and he was pretty happy with it out of the box.

Looks good.

Not sure whether these newer plasmas burn the screen when they are new, but it may be safer not play videos that have such big black bars on the top and bottom for a couple of weeks.

Mine is coming on Wednesday, should be nicely set up by the weekend to see Crows win another game before the season is over.

Dude, it seems you've gone to the trouble of covering the pictures beside your TV, but your photobucket account is set to public.

Click on account options and go to edit my album settings. Switch it to private in there.

Dude, it seems you've gone to the trouble of covering the pictures beside your TV, but your photobucket account is set to public.

Click on account options and go to edit my album settings. Switch it to private in there.

My first picture

Pana 50" 700a

I will get a chance to set it up properly tonight.

But why male models?

Edited by pksw

Is that the 42" or 50" Dr?

Hey Matty,

Sorry mate - just seen this now... it's the 50" that I have there. The PX700A only comes in 50" for the Aussie market. There is a 42" 700A in the UK/Europe, but given we already have two other Pana 42" models with the same base panel, it is unlikely it will reach our shores.

Cheers,

Doc.

Hey Matty,

Sorry mate - just seen this now... it's the 50" that I have there. The PX700A only comes in 50" for the Aussie market. There is a 42" 700A in the UK/Europe, but given we already have two other Pana 42" models with the same base panel, it is unlikely it will reach our shores.

Cheers,

Doc.

Yep, no worries. I have ordered the 42" so was just getting a feel for how big it would look on my ent. unit as mine is similar to yours.

Haha, I just noticed you're in Nth Sydney, I'm about 5 mins down the road in St Leonards!

Yep, no worries. I have ordered the 42" so was just getting a feel for how big it would look on my ent. unit as mine is similar to yours.

Haha, I just noticed you're in Nth Sydney, I'm about 5 mins down the road in St Leonards!

<peeks out window> you best stay back from my new baby matty!!! :angry:

he he... just kiddin - go the locals!

Better watching your own big screen then heading down to the Cabana Bar huh? :P

Cheers,

Doc.