Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Wow that looks great. Might be worth getting the hd dvd player for my 360 to go on my PS42Q91HDX.

Pallamallawa, do you have any trouble with digital channels not loading straight away as Im still having problems with mine?

Edited by TrentC

Great price. I take it you didn't opt for the extended warranty

No, no extended warranty. I have noticed that things tend to conk out just after the warranty is over. If it does die on me, just my luck :blink:

Im sure I read on the UK forums somewhere that this bug was already identified on the UK equiv model. Ill need to chase that up...

ahhh..

in UK its a M86 model

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...40m86bdxxeu.asp

and here are some UK owners threads to red thru

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread....p;highlight=m86

here is the review of our set in the UK and

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Samsung-LE40M86BD/

go to page http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Samsung-LE40M86B...ure-Quality.php where he says

[sidenote: "Movie Plus" was automatically engaged (as long as it's possible) every time I changed input source, or even change resolution/ aspect ratio over the same connection, despite it being labelled clearly as "Off" in the user menu. To disable it I had to turn it on first and then turn it off.

I have fired an email off to Samsung informing them about this issue, as it could potentially be fixed with a firmware update.]

Just spoke to Samsung about the movie plus staying on and they said my complaint was the 1st they heard. If you are also having this problem then please contact them. Also, pleaase let me know if any other people are getting lip sync probs (channel 12 Sydney seems to be the worst)

Noddy

Just spoke to Samsung about the movie plus staying on and they said my complaint was the 1st they heard. If you are also having this problem then please contact them. Also, pleaase let me know if any other people are getting lip sync probs (channel 12 Sydney seems to be the worst)

Noddy

There's probably only a few owners who are aware of the issue in Australia. i.e. generally the owners here.

Joe Blow consumer would generally leave all the fancy picture "enhancements" turned on so they'd never know. Most calibration guides tell you to turn them off first.

Can some owners indicate how sport looks please? My main concern with these things is motion blur. Otherwise I'm ready to buy...

Wow that looks great. Might be worth getting the hd dvd player for my 360 to go on my PS42Q91HDX.

Pallamallawa, do you have any trouble with digital channels not loading straight away as Im still having problems with mine?

Not really. When i do, its more my aerial as its actually broken @ the wall socket and tends to fall out sometimes.

But all ok. quick second between changes. At my old house i used to use rabbit ears, cause when i would plug it into the aerial it would boost it too much and the picture would break up heaps. Used the rabbit ears and worked 100%. Maybe give that a shot.

1080p LCD is now affordable (this was $3150 with free delivery in NSW).

mybrains, this is the cheapest price I've heard of and am looking to get one of these sammy's soon. Mind sharing with us where you got that price from?

Edited by Raider_P

No problemo. Im happy to give back to the family that has given me so much info over the last few years.

Re size. Im in a two bedroom unit and this is way big. I couldn't have fitted a 46". I sit under 2 metres away. 40" seems massive!

Funny how much bigger they seem when you get them home

Having looked at your first pic again, it does indeed look pretty huge! Think 40" will be sufficient ... can't be greedy now, can we? :blink:

Been playing with mine most of today ... looking very nice so far. Mostly been playing my old DVD's (don't actually have any Full HD inputs yet) - and with a ancient DVD player over component, it looks fantastic. DTV is pretty good too, been watch the loop on 7HD and it looks good. So far only failings have been trying to watch dark programs in the daytime, but any TV would suffer that, so waiting until sunset until I get some good Sci Fi action in :blink:

Some fiddling with settings will undoubtedly improve things, but out the box it's still a fantastic screen.

does anyone in melbourne have the stoopid cord to update the firmware?

As i would gladly borrow it off you for a deposit for one night if you wished to meet somewhere? city? or out Sunbury way?

or does any1 know where i can find one of these little buggers of a cord, and what is it called?

There's probably only a few owners who are aware of the issue in Australia. i.e. generally the owners here.

Joe Blow consumer would generally leave all the fancy picture "enhancements" turned on so they'd never know. Most calibration guides tell you to turn them off first.

Can some owners indicate how sport looks please? My main concern with these things is motion blur. Otherwise I'm ready to buy...

Hi Shonky,

Best way that I tested this was off down to the local store when the Footy was on and got them to put the TV's on the appropriate channel. I was impressed with the Sammy, the Sony handled the action with more blur and was a little jerky

Hi Shonky,

Best way that I tested this was off down to the local store when the Footy was on and got them to put the TV's on the appropriate channel. I was impressed with the Sammy, the Sony handled the action with more blur and was a little jerky

Yeah but then I have to wait for the weekend... :blink: I'm currently off work sick (dodgy food/water from a recent China trip) so I'm not exactly mobile right now either.

does anyone in melbourne have the stoopid cord to update the firmware?

As i would gladly borrow it off you for a deposit for one night if you wished to meet somewhere? city? or out Sunbury way?

or does any1 know where i can find one of these little buggers of a cord, and what is it called?

This post #268 in Samsung La40f71bx And La46f71bx has a link that shows that the cable for the Service Port is just a data cable for Samsung digital cameras (RS232 to stereo mini plug).

I tried a Microsoft cable of same description but it didn't work.

Thanks Jason,

Will go check out some shops on saturday, retrav, jb hifi, some other electronic shops in sunbury area. hopefully i can find one,

Another Question, when ya go into the service menu, and someone was saying dont click left or right on the calibration menu, i did :blink:

was trying to get out of it, o well, now instead of them all saying success, hdmi says fail, but my PS3 still works with hdmi, and guess wat i have sound throught my HDMI now.. WTF howd that happen. anyway, when i did click calibrate for the tv, i didnt have the ps3 on so could this be the reason for the hdmi to come up fail??

These Forums are very insperational, i cant wait to move out of home now and start making my very own HT room :D

Hi Peps,

I went into JB's today in Canberra, had a look a the Sammy 46" ticket price and it was near the $5,000 mark...

I talked to the salesman and said people have been getting this model for around $4100 (from what I have read here) and he checked it out, said he'd call me back as he needed to talk to his manager..anyway later that day he called and said his manager called other JB stores and the cheapest they have sold it for was around $4400. :blink:

What I need from all the owners of the 46" m8 is the store/location and salesperson (if possible) that sold this model to you, and I can get them to price match it, Pwease!

You'd make a old man happy if I could get a deal around $4,100

Thanks all in advance..

Punk

Hi Peps,

I went into JB's today in Canberra, had a look a the Sammy 46" ticket price and it was near the $5,000 mark...

I talked to the salesman and said people have been getting this model for around $4100 (from what I have read here) and he checked it out, said he'd call me back as he needed to talk to his manager..anyway later that day he called and said his manager called other JB stores and the cheapest they have sold it for was around $4400. :blink:

What I need from all the owners of the 46" m8 is the store/location and salesperson (if possible) that sold this model to you, and I can get them to price match it, Pwease!

You'd make a old man happy if I could get a deal around $4,100

Thanks all in advance..

Punk

I bought mine for $4200 at JB Heidelberg last Friday.

yesterday the DTV was working fine.

today i had channel 10 on and lip sync was out.

This forum is just great - so much good info.

Thank you :blink: all for taking the time -particularly mybrains

How does this unit deal with Austar/Fox Sports action does it blur at all/much?