Panasonic 32in Lcd....the Best In The World.

My biggest problem with motion control is the way it can oversmooth pans and zooms. The panasonic motion control is good as far as motion control goes, but it's important for me to be able to turn it off. From what I've read this is a common complaint. I consider it unnacceptable for Panasonic to omit such a feature given how easy it would be to implement.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very close to buying one of these for the bedroom just a few questions if someone could help?

1. They look small in shops will it be a big improvement over my 68cm i currently have in bedroom?

2.could someone measure the screen for me,not the whole panel just the screen

3.how dose foxtel look

4.is everyone happy with the fast action performance eg.footy

cheers guys

Dont worry about it guys,ive decided to wait till the new models are released (i think)

Edited by wheelz

• 3 weeks later...

Just when I get my mind set on the 700a, I find out about this!! (see link below)

http://whathifi.com/television/archive/200...7in-plasma.aspx

New 32" Panasonic LCDs in the form of TX32LZD80 will be available in the United Kingdomin April and is a 1080p model.

Also coming to the UK in July is the new 800 series, which will have FOUR HDMI inputs!!

It's also a 1080p model...

But there's no guarantee that they'll come to Oz, and IF they do, they'll probably be close to $2,000 at launch (my guess).

And who knows, as a new model, whether they'll have any bugs in it that need to be sorted (bit like buying a new model car I s'pose).

Interesting though!

Edited by dkint3

http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/lcd/Panas...x32lxd700_2.htm

Conclusion

The TX-32LXD700 is not revolutionary, but it is enough of a leap forward to make it the current leader of the pack. The TX32LXD700 is the best 32in LCD on the market at the moment. HD and SD pictures are the best out there, and you get a credible home cinema sound experience with SRS Trusurround XT on board.

=================================

Panasonic no1 for 32's...... :unsure:

This is slightly off-topic, I suppose, but i looked at this thread & remembered that the review website in the original post - hdtvorg.co.uk - was recently exposed by a competitor for not actually writing their reviews... Their most recent "review" is of the Panasonic TH-42PX80 plasma TV - and it is a word-for-word copy of their review of the previous generation PX70, with only the model names changed. The story goes on to mention other examples of that website's plagiarism & rehashing of old stories.

The full story is here

• 2 weeks later...

After much reading around and so on, i finally decided on this telly (700a) i rang around for abit and come up with a best price of $1350 from BingLee at Burwood, NSW and will be picking it up around 4 today. I will post some thoughts later on this tv once i have it all hooked up in my bedroom later tonight. Oh if anyone wants a copy of the receipt let my know ill post it alittle later tonight.

I was just wondering if anyone has any set ups for this tv yet, say for running normal dtv and videos and so forth, as well i have a xbox 360 hooked up and to hdmi and set to 1080p and it looks great, only i really need to fix the colours badly, i try'd the settings a few pages back, but i hated the warm setting, not my taste, is there anything else about ?

Also does anyone know how to get into the service menu, or is there a guide around here detailing on how to go abouts in the service menu ?

Edited by Kempokidd

I was just wondering if anyone has any set ups for this tv yet, say for running normal dtv and videos and so forth, as well i have a xbox 360 hooked up and to hdmi and set to 1080p and it looks great, only i really need to fix the colours badly, i try'd the settings a few pages back, but i hated the warm setting, not my taste, is there anything else about ?

Also does anyone know how to get into the service menu, or is there a guide around here detailing on how to go abouts in the service menu ?

im just running with the presets at this stage. With such a small screen I dont think its as important to muck around too much with the settings.

And also because i think it looks great with the presets.

Just my opinion of course. ;)

• 1 month later...
im just running with the presets at this stage. With such a small screen I dont think its as important to muck around too much with the settings.

And also because i think it looks great with the presets.

Just my opinion of course. ;)

I got my 700A today from Bing Lee (Newcastle, NSW) for $1,350.

Generally speaking, I am very happy with it so far.

I have FOXTEL and have it hooked up via component - generally speaking picture quality is quite acceptable (TVN is horrible, but I'm not into horse racing so that doesn't bother me one iota).

Yes, FTA SD IS better PQ wise, but there's not a big difference imo...

One issue with FTA - Channel Nine's NRL picture quality leaves a fair bit to be desired - the grass on close ups when there's camera movement is horrible. It looks VERY blotchy.

I did not notice this issue with the FOX SPORTS+ AFL live coverage nearly as much.

• 1 month later...

just wondering, i'm hooking up my xbox360 to this via HDMI, was wondering what the best resolution for it is? 720p? 1080i or 1080p (i understand 1080p is not actually 1080p?)

also, with the upscaling ability of the 360 for dvds, once again what resolution should i have it at?

I seem to have a problem with this TV. I leave it in stanby mode all the time. Occassionally when turning the TV on with the remote the tv turns on (without the picture) and then turns itself completely off (and a red light flashes) so that I have to get up and hit the button on top of the tv twice to turn the tv on.

Does anybody else have this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I bought this TV a few days ago. My first step into the HD world! Picture is amazing.

Can I ask - and my apologies if this has been covered already - is it at all possible to edit the digital & HD channels? I read that there are restrictions, but if there's a chance....

Phew, for a complete newbie to all this, my head's still spinning. :wacko:

My next step is deciding between a DVD recorder or PVR. I'm sure to be bugging you all with more questions! :D

Hi everyone!

I bought this TV a few days ago. My first step into the HD world! Picture is amazing.

Can I ask - and my apologies if this has been covered already - is it at all possible to edit the digital & HD channels? I read that there are restrictions, but if there's a chance....

Phew, for a complete newbie to all this, my head's still spinning. :wacko:

My next step is deciding between a DVD recorder or PVR. I'm sure to be bugging you all with more questions! :D

Have a read on how to setup your "Favourites" on the manual.

I have had this TV since January and have been very happy with it. But suddenly from yesterday it only receives analogue. What can I do?

Press the "TV" button on the top right hand corner of the remote to switch from analogue to digital.

• 2 weeks later...

I just called Panasonic Customer Care and spoke to Steven and he advised me it's $600 for an extended warranty of 4 years for the TX-32LXD700A!

At that price it seems they really don't want to be offering the extended warranty for this TV.

Can anyone advise me on where I can get an extended warranty for this TV at a more realistic price?

• 2 weeks later...