IGNORED

Nec Nhd 3000 Pvr

Hi

There's another Thread on this somewhere, its(apparently) a rebadged LG.

One way to get Retravision to sell LG Products i guess.

Regards

Basil

Jeez I can remember when NEC sold ONLY quality 'Made in Japan' grade goods...now they sell LousyGear rebadged in it's once great name??? :blink:

• 5 months later...
Jeez I can remember when NEC sold ONLY quality 'Made in Japan' grade goods...now they sell LousyGear rebadged in it's once great name??? :blush:

They still do - their commerical Multeos range og LCDs are still designed, engineered and built by NEC in Japan.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought one of these the other day from Grays - price wise it was $419, plus delivery etc ... probably a pretty good price ...

Now am I being too fussy, but I just keep finding shortfalls with the unit.

There is no timer overlap, so while there are 2 tuners, you can't set 2 shows to record at the same time in the timer. Is this a common thing with PVRs?

When I record programs, it seems to (at random) split the show and the recorded show comes up as 2 different files in the playlist screen.

The timer menu is a jumbled mess. Doesn't auto sort in date order of next show to record.

When unit is switched to standby it stops the aerial signal flowing through the unit, so can't watch normal tv without switching unit on.

When a show is recording on timer you can't start to watch that show until it has completely finished recording.

If you are watching a show that has been recorded, stop it and come back to it later, there is no option to continue watching from the last position - it automatically goes back to the beginning ... AHHH

I had (have) a Pioneer DVD recorder with an old analogue tuner. It was a great machine, great menu, very user friendly. Am I just hoping for features that wont exist in any PVR?

Mutley251, have a look at the Digitalview dvr-810. Menu system is like the Pioneer and works very well.

Thanks Hex - I went and had a look at this unit - very nice looking unit. Price wise it is up there.

I'm going to persist with the NEC for a little while longer, although it is doing some strange stuff. It is going to NEC for a look over.

Regards

Edited by Mutley251

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I got my PVR back from having it's firmware update & I can now set the timer record function to record 2 channels at the same time.

That is the one big problem with the unit I have. Other than that, it works ok. How did you go about getting the unit upgraded?

• 2 years later...
That is the one big problem with the unit I have. Other than that, it works ok. How did you go about getting the unit upgraded?

hi did you ever find out how upgrade your nec nhd-300pvr? .... I have one that appears to have corrupted firmware.

If you can give me any info that would be great, nec have gone out of business and nobody seems to be servicing these things!...

pls email me at ...kim.seth@hotmail.com

hi did you ever find out how upgrade your nec nhd-300pvr? .... I have one that appears to have corrupted firmware.

If you can give me any info that would be great, nec have gone out of business and nobody seems to be servicing these things!...

pls email me at ...kim.seth@hotmail.com

Did you try www.nec.com.au They have a 1300 number and email contact.

Have you given it a factory reset to see if that helps It's the same inside or similar to the Nextwave 6900, no USB, but I think it had a serial port for upgrade. Can't remember and my kids have mine now, the 6900 that is.