IGNORED

Sanyo Z2 Dust Removal

Sorry to start another topic so soon but the last one was getting off the track.

Some time ago there was some comprehensive information about cleaning a Z@ posted here (I think Chicken man may know). I want to get the unit it down in the next day or two to give it a good clean up.

I would appreciate any advice or tips you guys may have.

Cheers

E & E's

Don't do it unless you have excellent eyesight, nimble of hand and haven't broken any mirrors for seven years etc... My Z1 is "still in hospital" at Sanyo headquarters...

OH :blink: What happened Mjr69?? It seems like a very straight forward operation. Abeit a delicte one.

OK, you have me worried, define what a dust spot actually looks like, I might be being too fusy here?

Cheers

E & E's

Thanks for the offer to call you. I chose not to proceed after your warning and seeing the delicate nature of the task.

I think I'd prefer to pull someone elses apart first. (any takers?)

I did however do the clearing previously mentioned with compressed air and remove about 3/4's of the spots.

Because of the ease of this operation I will endeavour to do it every second month when I clean the filter. In the hope to shake the more stubbon ones out.

All in all happy with the result (for my first attempt) and new lamp.

Cheers

E & E's

If you have any stubborn dust spots after compressed air then try sliding a bit of 1cm wide gift ribbon between the glass & lcd panels.

Worked fine on my Z2. Z2 not in use for a while now due to heat affected blue LCD panel. Repairs would have been more than a new PJ, so I bought a Sony HS60.

Cheers,

Muzz