New Samsung 1080p Models?

I haven’t actually measured how many degrees off axis I can be without a noticeable loss in picture quality, but it’s a long why off centre, so much so that I can see the back of the TV.

Maybe some people want to view from that sort of an angle, but personally I think its ridicules.

If you need to view that far off axis you should be looking at a Plasma.

If you view in a very bright or sun lit room an LCD is your best option.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm that might be true in your case owen, but i think when there are many people watching at a distance of less than 3 metres, viewing angle will be much greater than 50. In my living room there is upto 75 degree viewing angles, if i watch tv from my kitchen :D. However as some one mentioned earlier i also went and checked the SXRD's based on your posts, and decided while they were amazingly priced for size compared to my 46 X bravia ( which was tad under 5 grand) , they probably wouldnt make it into my current living room, just due to this viewing angle aberration.

If you are going to be viewing from some insane angle like from the kitchen, why not get a little LCD to put in there. That way you can have great a big SXRD in your main viewing area and not have to compromise. :blink:

If you are going to be viewing from some insane angle like from the kitchen, why not get a little LCD to put in there. That way you can have great a big SXRD in your main viewing area and not have to compromise. :blink:

Haha well i cant help it, i have a open plan living house, and the TV is visible from quite a few areas

Yes I have seen the 65” Panasonic and the 70” SXRD side by side displaying 1080 video from the exact same Panasonic BluRay player over HDMI.

There is not much in it for picture quality, but each has its own flavour so to speak.

Without going into a lengthy discussion, the SXRD suffers from a little SSE (Silk Screen Effect) and the Plasma is let down by very ordinary black level.

I can live with a little SSE but no way I could tolerate the poor blacks of the Plasma.

The extra 5” of the SXRD was also a significant advantage.

Ok thanks for your reply.....if the SXRD is better than the 65pana, then it's quite the beast.

New model to replace the current R series will be the LA40M81BDX. Saleeman at Goodguys told me the new models will be cheaper byt slightly inferior as they have cut cots to allow for the inbuilt tuner :blink:

I am after one of these too - LNT4665F!!

Loewe just blew up and have been looking at the 46F series sammy for a while. I went to GG's and they told me that there was no more availability of these - new model coming soon. They called their Samsung rep and were told that they didnt have any details of the new model or price but was told of an April release

Therefore I wasnt even able to put an order in for one

Can anyone shed some light on this new range including prices????

Many thanks

Blurb & a snap here:-

http://www.itechnews.net/category/display/page/3/

Samsung LNT5265F is the latest LCD HDTV from Samsung. It is a 52-inch LCD HDTV with a full wide High Definition 1920×1080p high resolution, SRS Trusurround XT sound effect and there are 3 HDMI ports, a HDMI CEC, HDMI 1.3 and an USB 2.0 port. It will be launched worldwide in April this year.

There are also two new LCD HDTV, the Samsung LNT4065F, Samsung LNT4665F.

Does anyone any further news on the new 1080p samsung LCD range hitting OZ?

The design of the new line looks incredible - hoping it won't be long before we see them in store.

G'day Posters,

Looks like these bad boys have hit our shores already! You can get the detail (and some pretty high RRPs) on the Aussie Samsung site already, plus a simple Shopbot.com.au search gave me quite a few stockists here in Aus, including one in Mt Waverley (VIC) who is doing the 46" for $4,198 incl FREE delivery to metro cities.

Says they have 2 in stock as I write this... check it out:

http://www.exeltek.com.au/secure/catalog/p...products_id=847

G'day Posters,

Looks like these bad boys have hit our shores already! You can get the detail (and some pretty high RRPs) on the Aussie Samsung site already, plus a simple Shopbot.com.au search gave me quite a few stockists here in Aus, including one in Mt Waverley (VIC) who is doing the 46" for $4,198 incl FREE delivery to metro cities.

Says they have 2 in stock as I write this... check it out:

http://www.exeltek.com.au/secure/catalog/p...products_id=847

I think these are late last year's models - which they no longer manufacture. Advice I got from a retailer was that end of April the new 1080p native models (with inbuilt HD tuner) would arrive/

Cheers

Steve

Hi guys

I am thinking about buying one of these new models or buying one of the last discontinued models.

Main reason I want it is xbox 360 with streaming MCE so inbuilt tuner isnt a big deal to me.

My questions are:

Does this new version support 1080p through the HDMI / VGA / Composite inputs with 1:1 scaling? I read the old version will only accept 1080p through VGA but can do HDMI with firmware update.

If a TV can do 1080p I want all imputs to support it, sick of this TV does it through VGA, this one through HDMI... why cant it just support 1080p on all HD inputs?

I am after the 40" which is about $3000 with haggle. Any ideas on what the new 40" will go for?

Does anyone have anymore info reguarding these TV's and what the specs will be when they reach our shores?

I was looking at getting the 40" X series, but if these are coming out this year, at a cheaper price with better specs? is it worth waiting?

I was looking at getting the 40" X series, but if these are coming out this year, at a cheaper price with better specs? is it worth waiting?

New models never come out cheaper than the outgoing model. I'm sure the RRP will be around the $5000+ range. The specs will be better, apparently it will have an inbuilt high-def tuner, but that's not necessarily a good thing. The true test will be to line it up next to the outgoing model & to pick the difference. Specs mean nothing unless there is a visual improvement.

On a side note, http://www.drive.com.au/ has leaked pictures of the new 08 WRX today. Plain as a Corolla! Yuk!!!!!!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been eagerly awaiting a 46" 1080p model within my budget - hopefully the M86 (or at least the N86!) models are cheaper than the Sonys and the Sharps.

A few tidbits:

Have a friend that works in Samsung - tells me the new tv's (inc Plasmas) will be out in April

Called Samsung Sales support - have been told early-mid April - no indication on RRP

Finally - JB at Chatswood tell me the f7 is no longer on order - indicating that the new model is less than a month away.

(for the record, Powerhouse in Chatswood, Domayne in North Ryde, and Powerhouse in Macquarie Centre didn't know of the new model)

p.s -

m87 - http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...37m87bdxxeu.asp

m86 - http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...40m86bdxxeu.asp

etc... all on samsung uk site.

Edited by majormick

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been eagerly awaiting a 46" 1080p model within my budget - hopefully the M86 (or at least the N86!) models are cheaper than the Sonys and the Sharps.

A few tidbits:

Have a friend that works in Samsung - tells me the new tv's (inc Plasmas) will be out in April

Called Samsung Sales support - have been told early-mid April - no indication on RRP

Finally - JB at Chatswood tell me the f7 is no longer on order - indicating that the new model is less than a month away.

(for the record, Powerhouse in Chatswood, Domayne in North Ryde, and Powerhouse in Macquarie Centre didn't know of the new model)

p.s -

m87 - http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...37m87bdxxeu.asp

m86 - http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...40m86bdxxeu.asp

etc... all on samsung uk site.

Nifty, what did your friend say about the new 720p models?

JB advised retail for the new 46inch 1080p LCD is $4799 with HD tuner inbuilt. Its in there system as of today.

I have a faulty 50inch samsung plasma and they cant replace it. so they gave me options and told me I can pay the difference and get the 46inch LCD.