IGNORED

Playstation 3 Countdown

Well.......there won't be any rumbling with the sixaxis.

38 sweet sweet days to go. :blink::D:P

The last time I was this excited was May 2005 - Midnight viewing of Revenge of the Sith.

This time round I'll be at the midnight launch at my local EB Games.

Please no 360 comments from the Fanboys....

Playstation Fans, our wait is almost over, BRING IT ON!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.......there won't be any rumbling with the sixaxis.

38 sweet sweet days to go. :blink::D:P

The last time I was this excited was May 2005 - Midnight viewing of Revenge of the Sith.

This time round I'll be at the midnight launch at my local EB Games.

Please no 360 comments from the Fanboys....

Playstation Fans, our wait is almost over, BRING IT ON!

I might skip the midnight launch this time. The last one I went to (which is a forbidden topic in this thread) was fully of smelly unwashed men. Not a pleasant experience being shoulder to shoulder with that in a queue. The next morning will do me fine (if I decide I can swallow the region restrictions).

^^ LOL

still deciding if i'll get one, so i certainly wont be queueing up anywhere either. not sure about paying that much for a games console + region locked BD player.

anyway, just glad its finally made it here!

Also relating to the midnight launch for the 'product that shan't be named'

buggered if I'm doing another midnight launch. after pre-ordering and paying in full 6 months before release, I picked it up at midnight at full RRP.

And then my mate walked into BigW the next day and bought one $40 cheaper :blink:

Lesson learnt.

Andrew.

Im finding it hard to get excited about it as the launch titles dont personally interest me. Though I'd prefer to buy one instead of a standalone bluray disc player - but then I'm kinda admitting personal defeat on the hd-dvd front.

I think the poor security in the ps3 amongst other architectural problems will result in a healthy homebrew scene but the cell processor will prove to be a difficult platform to contend with I think.

Im finding it hard to get excited about it as the launch titles dont personally interest me. Though I'd prefer to buy one instead of a standalone bluray disc player - but then I'm kinda admitting personal defeat on the hd-dvd front.

I think the poor security in the ps3 amongst other architectural problems will result in a healthy homebrew scene but the cell processor will prove to be a difficult platform to contend with I think.

And here's hoping this homebrew will provide a software solution to region coding on this machine.

Also relating to the midnight launch for the 'product that shan't be named'

buggered if I'm doing another midnight launch. after pre-ordering and paying in full 6 months before release, I picked it up at midnight at full RRP.

And then my mate walked into BigW the next day and bought one $40 cheaper :blink:

Lesson learnt.

Andrew.

Yes while i will finally be to make full use of my Sony (oops dirty word) 46" x series LCD on march 23rd when i pick up my other dirty word product,albeit not with many titles. Will have to chance my arm on some imports in the lead up.

I think i will skip the midnight launch also. Sweaty men dont appeal to me either...

Yes while i will finally be to make full use of my Sony (oops dirty word) 46" x series LCD on march 23rd when i pick up my other dirty word product,albeit not with many titles. Will have to chance my arm on some imports in the lead up.

I think i will skip the midnight launch also. Sweaty men dont appeal to me either...

I don't think 'Sony' is a dirty word, they actually turn out some good 'stuff', it's just their marketing techniques and after sales service that screws everyone into the woodwork.

As for the PS3, I hope it does deliver all the expectations hoped for it,most certainly it has a good Blu-ray player built-in though region locked, it should give a good account of itself.

C.M

Yeah I'll probably buy one although I plan to delay as long as possible before commiting to a pre-order to see what "deal" (if you can call $1K+ for a games console a deal) suits me best.

But I would like a Blu-ray player (despite the region locking) and this is currently the cheapest way to do it. There are also a couple of PS3 titles in the offing I'd be interested in playing.

I don't understand why $1000 seems to be a big deal. Yes it's expensive but people pay more than that for mobile phones.

Paying that sort of cash upfront was going to be a problem for me too, so I treated it like a mobile phone deal and put a few dollars in every month for the last 12 months. I'm happy to say I've completely payed it off.

People have different views. My view is that it's a bargain.

dont get me wrong,for $1000, ur defintielt getting your money worth if you dont have a blu ray player of xbox 360.

If i didnt have my 360, id probably get one, heck ill probably get one when i get some free cash

Any rumours / word on a region hack for the PS3?

For me I'd be 80% blu-ray vs 20% games if I were to get one. At this point I have a hard time thinking of getting a region B machine, and might import a region A (and save $200).

Any rumours / word on a region hack for the PS3?

For me I'd be 80% blu-ray vs 20% games if I were to get one. At this point I have a hard time thinking of getting a region B machine, and might import a region A (and save $200).

Hey CraigusOz,

a region hack would be great. I can see the PS3 being like the PSP where it is constantly hacked and Sony will continually release firmware updates.

I bought a PS3 from Japan and am very happy with the Region A Blu Ray ability. If I didn't have to pay postage, I'd probably get a cheaper 20GB PS3 from Japan or America for the bedroom.

I'd like a sub-$1000 high definition player for the bedroom and would be nice to have the ability to upconvert SD-DVDs (all regions). At the moment that's a tall order...

Hey CraigusOz,

a region hack would be great. I can see the PS3 being like the PSP where it is constantly hacked and Sony will continually release firmware updates.

I bought a PS3 from Japan and am very happy with the Region A Blu Ray ability. If I didn't have to pay postage, I'd probably get a cheaper 20GB PS3 from Japan or America for the bedroom.

I'd like a sub-$1000 high definition player for the bedroom and would be nice to have the ability to upconvert SD-DVDs (all regions). At the moment that's a tall order...

yours can play american blu-ray?

yours can play american blu-ray?

America and Japan are the same region code for blu-ray (hence my argument in another thread that the rest of the world market is in for a well right rodgering when it comes to the release of titles. There is simply no incentive for them to give a damn). However the PS3 has internal censorship based on it's country of origin, so if you have a Japanese PS3 you get no blood and gore in Resistance Fall Of Man, yet you do on a US PS3. It is censorship performed by the player so it doesn't matter where you buy your game from.

The Japanese player is likewise SD locked to 3.

America and Japan are the same region code for blu-ray (hence my argument in another thread that the rest of the world market is in for a well right rodgering when it comes to the release of titles. There is simply no incentive for them to give a damn). However the PS3 has internal censorship based on it's country of origin, so if you have a Japanese PS3 you get no blood and gore in Resistance Fall Of Man, yet you do on a US PS3. It is censorship performed by the player so it doesn't matter where you buy your game from.

so momaw the ps3's are region locked on DVD ? wierd stuff on the censorship ! the region locking on blu-ray is sure goign to be a pain if buyign a local ps3 and if we continue to have the pox blu-ray discs sold in the market place.

I just want it for the american blu-ray movies,Personally I do not care for games.I love high defintion it's hard going back to sd.Thats why I want to own both.

I just want it for the american blu-ray movies,Personally I do not care for games.I love high defintion it's hard going back to sd.Thats why I want to own both.

wouldnt you jsut buy a blu-ray player then ? be patient and I'm sure we'll get 2nd gen players that will be cheaper and more fully featured than the current. Is sony goign to release a blu-ray player here or is the ps3 all we get ?

wouldnt you jsut buy a blu-ray player then ? be patient and I'm sure we'll get 2nd gen players that will be cheaper and more fully featured than the current. Is sony goign to release a blu-ray player here or is the ps3 all we get ?

this friend of mine I know, knows a friend thats sell ps3 from japan which plays blu-ray american dvd's. Australia has nothing to offer in blu-ray, so all the people that are excited about blu-ray in australia unless playing games, won't have much dvd's to choose from.If I can get one tomorrow for $900.00 thats what I was told and thats if he has any available I will buy one.Prefeably I will prefer player, but for that price I will see how it goes.

this friend of mine I know, knows a friend thats sell ps3 from japan which plays blu-ray american dvd's. Australia has nothing to offer in blu-ray, so all the people that are excited about blu-ray in australia unless playing games, won't have much dvd's to choose from.If I can get one tomorrow for $900.00 thats what I was told and thats if he has any available I will buy one.Prefeably I will prefer player, but for that price I will see how it goes.

look at pricejapan.com

I think you can get the 60gb for < $800 delivered.

Hi Guys,

A quick serach on ebay shows that you can get a 20gb JPN PS3 for $749

same bloke has the 60gb for $979

All stock in Sydney.

I too am serioiusly thinking of getting an import PS3.

For me the break down is 75% Bluray and 25% Games.

and having a region A BR player is a big bonus over Aust Region B.

Mil.

Hi Guys,

A quick serach on ebay shows that you can get a 20gb JPN PS3 for $749

same bloke has the 60gb for $979

All stock in Sydney.

I too am serioiusly thinking of getting an import PS3.

For me the break down is 75% Bluray and 25% Games.

and having a region A BR player is a big bonus over Aust Region B.

Mil.

Apparently they're not all that hard to find.