IGNORED

Aust Open Was In Hd?

i had a discussion today with a knowledgable salesman and he said that the tennis was in HD on channel seven.. i said to him that ch70 was being broadcasted in sd.. then he said it was on 71 on HD can someone please explain to me first of all why would ch7 do that if true and secondly wouldnt it make sense to tell the public oh we have the tennis in HD on ch70/71 depends :blink:

Your 'knowledgeable' salesperson is wrong in this case.

thats what i said to him.... althou he did reckon he was going to watch the superbowl in ws tomorrow.. we got start talking about hd and he agree sbs has the worst picture ever :blink: :ph34r: i was looking at a lg lcd with in-built hd tunner and 250gb hard drive for 3000 he dropped it from 3400.. cant complain?

"Dont touch that LG TV! It will bob deinterlace everything - meaning 1080i material becomes 540p sad.gif You can see the lines flicker just like an old CRT if you put your face close enough."

Sounds like a crock of Sh** to me.

When I send 540p via HDMI to my HD LG and compare it with 1080i, using the same material (DVD) then upscale to 1080i (using the same equipment). The picture is always clearer and crisper (ie better PQ), disproving the above Sh**. Well certainly on my setup.

Obviously Captainatomic has something against LG products, as he always tries to put them down (see also other posts by Captainatomic)

Regards

Lance

I ment to post this earlier but havent had the time,

The tennis was a full HD outside broadcast, camera's, control room etc.. the only exception was the super slo mo camera's were only SD, you might of noticed a bit of a quality difference when they cut to some of the low angles which on Rod Laver arena were mostly super slo cameras

7 just didnt broadcast it in HD

i had a discussion today with a knowledgable salesman and he said that the tennis was in HD on channel seven.. i said to him that ch70 was being broadcasted in sd.. then he said it was on 71 on HD can someone please explain to me first of all why would ch7 do that if true and secondly wouldnt it make sense to tell the public oh we have the tennis in HD on ch70/71 depends :blink:

Seven never does HD. It's alleged HD ch70 is only 576 lines, same as SD, with progressive scanning. IOW double the frame rate but no extra res.

REAL HD IS 720p/1080i/1080p

Dont touch that LG TV! It will bob deinterlace everything - meaning 1080i material becomes 540p :blink: You can see the lines flicker just like an old CRT if you put your face close enough.

Currently watching 9am with David and Kim on 10 HD on my LG and it's as rock steady as it's possible to get even with my face just about pressed up to it. If you are at Harvey Norman and see someone on their knees cuddling up to a tv just try: "HI Cap'n!!"

:blink:

Seven never does HD. It's alleged HD ch70 is only 576 lines, same as SD, with progressive scanning. IOW double the frame rate but no extra res.

REAL HD IS 720p/1080i/1080p

It wasnt till recently Seven never did Widescreen - News , Sports Etc . :D:P:P