IGNORED

Elgato Eyetv In Cairns

I have tried 3 different Elgato EyeTV USB tuners on different Macs up here in Cairns and with all combinations, there is a problem with WIN TV's SD transmission. The problem is that every 10 seconds or so, the picture freezes briefly, pixelates then resumes.

A WIN engineer suspects that it is a problem with the Elgato tuners and not the WIN SD transmission (the WIN HD feed is fine, as are all other channels). I also have a Topfield PVR which has no problem with the WIN SD transmission.

My question to the forum is:

1/ Is anyone else experiencing similar problems with WIN SD on pc tuners in Cairns?

2/ Is anyone else in northern Queensland (other than in Cairns) experiencing any problems receiving WIN SD on Elgato USB tuners eg. Townsville, Rocky, Mackay etc.

Apparantly if I can confirm that these Elgato USB tuners are not experiencing problems with WIN SD in areas other than Cairns, they will concede that there may be an issue with their transmission here in Cairns.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne.

Hi Wayne,

I'm running a compro dtv300 here in Cairns (Northern Beaches). I wouldn't say I watch/record a hell of a lot of wintv SD, only a couple of shows a week actually. But these are fine and no problems at all. I"ll pay a bit closer attention this next few days and check it out for you.

I have tried 3 different Elgato EyeTV USB tuners on different Macs up here in Cairns and with all combinations, there is a problem with WIN TV's SD transmission. The problem is that every 10 seconds or so, the picture freezes briefly, pixelates then resumes.

A WIN engineer suspects that it is a problem with the Elgato tuners and not the WIN SD transmission (the WIN HD feed is fine, as are all other channels). I also have a Topfield PVR which has no problem with the WIN SD transmission.

My question to the forum is:

1/ Is anyone else experiencing similar problems with WIN SD on pc tuners in Cairns?

2/ Is anyone else in northern Queensland (other than in Cairns) experiencing any problems receiving WIN SD on Elgato USB tuners eg. Townsville, Rocky, Mackay etc.

Apparantly if I can confirm that these Elgato USB tuners are not experiencing problems with WIN SD in areas other than Cairns, they will concede that there may be an issue with their transmission here in Cairns.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne.

We have sold lots of cards to QLD and Cairns and have not heard of anyone having issues wiuth Win up there :blink: