Pioneer 50-inch $6,499 - Pdp507xda, 42-inch $4,999

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prices in Adelaide are as good or even better than the eastern sea board. We bought Pio 507 $3600. If you get together with a few mates and want a deal they all will bend backwards to accomodate you.

Hey,

I was wondering where you managed to pick up your unit from in Adelaide? I just rang Myer Adelaide and didn't have any luck getting them to even price match JB HiFi's $3996. So far its $4300 that I've been quoted from Myer.

Cheers.

Guest EZYHD
Hey foxtail

Was that you that wrote a whole back in the forum: Buy the screen you want today and wait for it to be delievered.. Never go back to look at the pricese and different screens because it will give you a revenge where 18 months later you want to throw the screen you just brought just because there is one better.

?

Nope not me.

Hey,

I was wondering where you managed to pick up your unit from in Adelaide? I just rang Myer Adelaide and didn't have any luck getting them to even price match JB HiFi's $3996. So far its $4300 that I've been quoted from Myer.

Cheers.

As a general rule I think one does better face to face.

As a general rule I think one does better face to face.

Hmm the guy wasn't going to price match $3996! He said I wasn't going to find a retailer willing to price match JB HiFi.

I wanted to purchase from Myer Adelaide again as they did help me out with my LG MW60 refund. Story told by the Myer guy Tom was JB have factory seconds for sale @ $3996 not brand new units. Lowest I could get was $4300 and nothing lower. They would be losing money on $3600 or even $3996 deal apparently.

Dear Dave, if it isn't too much to ask, if I could also have a copy of your receipt as JB in Macquarie in Sydney wouldn't budge $3900 3 weeks ago,(I suppose impending new model must be changing the situation!) and help like this goes a long way. regards John (jcossyvas@optusnet.com.au)

Hi John, the receipt for the 507 is on it's way.

Cheers,

Dave.

Guest EZYHD

I asked JB about mine said it was new. Who do we believe is the question.

He said its below cost but JB get a rebate back due to the numbers they sell, probably BS anyway.

Hmm the guy wasn't going to price match $3996! He said I wasn't going to find a retailer willing to price match JB HiFi.

I wanted to purchase from Myer Adelaide again as they did help me out with my LG MW60 refund. Story told by the Myer guy Tom was JB have factory seconds for sale @ $3996 not brand new units. Lowest I could get was $4300 and nothing lower. They would be losing money on $3600 or even $3996 deal apparently.

Hi AVnoobie, reading your quote saying JB has factory seconds; please repeat that quote to the manager of your local JB HiFi store and then can you post his reply. To me it seems just another sales gimmick from a very frustrated Myers staff member. Post your e-mail address and I will send you my receipt for $3590; so you can negotiate a better sale. I have never heard of Pioneer selling factory seconds at a retail store.

Cheers,

Dave

Go in and talk with Anthony at Myer Adelaide, he's usually up for a deal. Remember if you buy from Myer and do the myer one/myer card reward points thing you will get about $120 in vouchers too.

I brought the JB HiFi catalogue to David Jones today and they had no problem price matching it, together with 18 months interest free (there is a $30 up front fee plus $2.95 per month).

Go in and talk with Anthony at Myer Adelaide, he's usually up for a deal. Remember if you buy from Myer and do the myer one/myer card reward points thing you will get about $120 in vouchers too.

Cheers, yer I'll give Anthony a shot. I think it was just the luck of the draw with the staff member.

Thanks heaps for Foxtail too. Much appreciated.

Cheeky bugger. ;)

My turn...

Hi dondomains,

Are you thinking of wall mounting, or have you got a cabinet all ready for the stand mount? It is something to consider also - how well a large display will integrate into what you already have. Many people make the mistake of not thinking about this, and then have to spend another $500 or more to get new furniture to suit.

Hi there.. allready brought the plasma today it was a critical time where i just simply had to go and buy it and then forget the whole plasmas out there :) i cant wait for it but sorry boys ive gone samsung :) . But thank you very much for anyones helps.

Linda

I've been reading these forums for the past 4 months trying to decide what TV to get. Originally I was going to get a Panasonic 600A, but they sold out before I moved into my newly built house. I was then looking at the Samsung 46" M81, but got scared with all the problems reported with it (and had troubles getting any store remotely close to the $4k mark).

In the end I bought The Pioneer 507, which I always liked but couldn't afford at $5k. I got it for $3800 from HN City Cross in Adelaide (with wall mount), and it was installed last Thursday. I was very impressed with the Pioneer guy who came out to install it, he was finished in just over 1/2 an hour - very professional and helpful with all my hifi gear that was only half connected by the time he arrived.

The TV is stunning and I don't regret spending the ~$500 more on this TV instead of a Panasonic/Samsung with 5year warranty. Recommending the Pioneer to all my friends :)

]

Hey,

Cheers.

We got them from JB Marion. At $3600 they were $200 below cost. Manager said he would rather sell to us at a loss, rather than us go elsewhere. The only other mob that got close was Trustcotts Woodville at $3700.

Cheers

The TV is stunning and I don't regret spending the ~$500 more on this TV instead of a Panasonic/Samsung with 5year warranty. Recommending the Pioneer to all my friends :)
Another happy Pioneer owner.

Congrats.

Thank you for sharing.

Congrats on the purchase :D

Spread the word.......the 507 is an absolute beauty.

I never thought I could fall in love with electronic equipment :blush:

Congrats on the purchase :D

Spread the word.......the 507 is an absolute beauty.

I never thought I could fall in love with electronic equipment :blush:

Remember to negotiate 50% discount on cables as well, with all these deals.

Goodluck.

Cheers,

Dave.

]

We got them from JB Marion. At $3600 they were $200 below cost. Manager said he would rather sell to us at a loss, rather than us go elsewhere. The only other mob that got close was Trustcotts Woodville at $3700.

Cheers

Thanks! Thats great news. I'll be there on the weekend to grab a unit if I can't get Myer to match.

From the Pio manual:

If the defective pixels are visible at a normal viewing distance of

between 2.5 metres and 3.5 metres whilst viewing a normal

broadcast (i.e. not a test card, still image or single colour display)

please contact the supplying dealer.

If, however, they can only be seen close up or during single colour

displays then this is considered normal for this technology.

Maybe someone with a Pio TV can check the detailed warranty card for the legal mumbo-jumbo regarding dead/bright pixels?

Guest dp_ramas
Hi John, the receipt for the 507 is on it's way.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave, Is there any chance you could also email me the receipt for your great purchase price. The closest I've been able to get is $3900 from JB. My email address is dp_srv@tpg.com.au