Home Theatre - Post a Photo

Careful, or we'll have Santa in here at us about pool maintenance!! :P:D:blink:

On the other hand, in a general and miscellaneous thread for images, I bet there's a few in your library that show the bouyant properties of the backyard pool. Don't think Caniffe would be too happy though.

I have many aquatic delights I would only wish to share.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photo-of-the-day...............

Just something I purchased in Kings Cross today.............

$2 for a pack of three, from a vending machine stuck on the front of a government building :blink: !!!

I'd previously seen the machine, and was pretty annoyed by it, so today I thought, "For $2 I'll see what it's like". Didn't realise you got a three-pack for your $2 :D

Austen.

post-11101-1162098996_thumb.jpg

He was, to be polite, slightly peeved that they had broken his window, and couldn't see that he had done anything wrong, as, in his words, "He wasn't gone for all that long" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-11101-1161915100_thumb.jpg

Reminds me of the picture I saw ages ago but can't find of a BMW parked in front of a fire hydrant. The firemen just knocked out the windows on each side and ran the hose through the car. And of course the hose leaked a bit. Classic.

Reminds me of the picture I saw ages ago but can't find of a BMW parked in front of a fire hydrant. ......

That'll be this one .....

post-11101-1162455853_thumb.jpg

But, Todays pic is yet another car parked in front of the Kings Cross fire station !!

This photo is slightly misleading due to the angle I took it, the car is actually only blocking around half of the opening, a fire truck in a hurry would easily spin it around.................

post-11101-1162463936_thumb.jpg

Austen.

EDIT: Edited..See Mellos post below :blink:

:blink:

I'm serious though!

Never seen such a civil engineering disaster. What a joke!

only jsut seen th epics, yep only an engineer would have come up with that master piece ! hehe

But, Todays pic is yet another car parked in front of the Kings Cross fire station !!

This photo is slightly misleading due to the angle I took it, the car is actually only blocking around half of the opening, a fire truck in a hurry would easily spin it around.................

Austen.

hehe priceless indeed ! waiting for the follow up photo on the second one austen ! :D

Austen.

Slighly misleading all right...thats the same picture you described here as Castelreagh St Fire Station :D:P

So there I was, nearly finished my daily walk up the 'Cross..............

As I walked past the (Sydney CBD) Castlereagh St Fire Station, I saw a a huge commotion going on.

I had a chat with a Fire-lady (and not an unattractive one at all I might add.....) and it seems that a guy had parked his BMW in front of the fire-station door !! The big one !! The one the fire engines come out of !!!

When the fireies (is that a word ??) opened the roller door (routine, not an emergency) they saw the Beemer and broke a window to "gain access" to the car. About this time the owner returned to his car.......

He was, to be polite, slightly peeved that they had broken his window, and couldn't see that he had done anything wrong, as, in his words, "He wasn't gone for all that long" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Austen.

post-11101-1161915100_thumb.jpg

Thats Castelreagh Street :P

You must be thinking of Kings Cross Police Station Austen...youd have to be quite a regular there by now :P

(thats what I like about Austen you can have a joke with him and he wont call the cops ) :P

(scurries and ducks back under the bridge) :P

I saw a series of photos today on this guys puter.....has anyone else seen this one?..Ill get a copy if not.

Its a series of pictures of a white sedan that went over a wharf and into the harbour..anyway the tow truck sent to fish it out goes in the drink as well whilst trying to drag it out.........followed by the crane sent to fish both of them out....the crane gets the car out but falls in trying to get the tow truck out....its a really amazing sequence.....I think there is even one more huge crane that goes in....a total of 4 vehicles all one after the other.

You had to be there :blink:

:P:P

Slighly misleading all right...thats the same picture you described here as Castelreagh St Fire Station

This is getting to be a really bad habit of mine lately, agreeing with mello :D !!

He was of course 100% correct, post now edited to reflect Kings Cross fire station.

Tomorrows photo is Austen standing in front of the Kings Cross police station. (It's on the route of my daily walk :blink: )

Oh the shame...The shame of it......

Austen.

This is getting to be a really bad habit of mine lately, agreeing with mello :P !!

He was of course 100% correct, post now edited to reflect Kings Cross fire station.

Tomorrows photo is Austen standing in front of the Kings Cross police station. (It's on the route of my daily walk :blink: )

Oh the shame...The shame of it......

Austen.

Oh the mammaries

Tell you what...if you go down past KC cop shop and travel past the Sebel (Roslyn Gardens) (by the way you should see heaps of O/S musos coming and going all the time..I used to)...turn right at Elizabeth Bay Road and then left down Ithaca and follow it all the way down to waters edge.......

1 you will find a really nice quiet park right on the waterfront with a jetty..and maybe some sunbathers if its a nice day....good sandwich shop and pastry shop on the corner of Ithaca nad Eliz Bay Rd too

2 you would have followed the daily footsteps of mello :D

3 down the end of the Esplanade up the driveway is an old white 2 story block of units......I dont live there but I used to. :P

4 look at how densley stacked the units are all there then imagine my neighbours joy when I first brought home Midnight Oils Diesel and Dust and cranked it full volume..........every day :P

Oh the mammaries

Tell you what...if you go down past KC cop shop and travel past the Sebel (Roslyn Gardens) (by the way you should see heaps of O/S musos coming and going all the time..I used to)...turn right at Elizabeth Bay Road and then left down Ithaca and follow it all the way down to waters edge.......

1 you will find a really nice quiet park right on the waterfront with a jetty..and maybe some sunbathers if its a nice day....good sandwich shop and pastry shop on the corner of Ithaca nad Eliz Bay Rd too

2 you would have followed the daily footsteps of mello :blink:

3 down the end of the Esplanade up the driveway is an old white 2 story block of units......I dont live there but I used to. :P

4 look at how densley stacked the units are all there then imagine my neighbours joy when I first brought home Midnight Oils Diesel and Dust and cranked it full volume..........every day :D

I'll make that my weekend walk and post a foto :P !!

Austen.

....... you would have followed the daily footsteps of mello :P

That I did me old mello mate !!

Think I found the place, I'll bet you've got a few stories you could tell from those days :P

Found the park at the waters edge too....Wow, looked great, and that was with a fine Sydney drizzle happening !! I can imagine it would look a million dollars (or more) on a fine day.

Amazing really, no more than 5 minutes from my regular every-day walk, yet I wouldn't of found it in a million years without being told where to go !! And yes, I'm frequently told where to go, but generally it doesn't end up in such a nice place as this :blink::D !!

Thanks for the tip !!

Austen.

That I did me old mello mate !!

Think I found the place, I'll bet you've got a few stories you could tell from those days :P

Found the park at the waters edge too....Wow, looked great, and that was with a fine Sydney drizzle happening !! I can imagine it would look a million dollars (or more) on a fine day.

Amazing really, no more than 5 minutes from my regular every-day walk, yet I wouldn't of found it in a million years without being told where to go !! And yes, I'm frequently told where to go, but generally it doesn't end up in such a nice place as this :blink::D !!

Thanks for the tip !!

Austen.

Thats exactly why I sent you down there ole bud...not many know...local knowledge :P

Stories from ole number Nine?...hmmm....Caniffe would be very busy indeed if I did :P

:P:P