X-series Bravia Oz Pricing

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xluke, posting in a thread on a particular LCD that you prefer a Plasma can only be seen as attempting to start a flame war.

I think we have had enough of those to last a lifetime.

Can we keep it on topic please? This thread is about the price of the new X series Bravia LCDs when they ship in OZ.

btw, only the 46" has shipped in the UK. I think the 'cheaper' lol 40" is still to come into global stocks

I think we are getting the model that you can customize the colour on.

this is confirmed by SONEX at Hobart. I asked about the piano black one and the guy looked through the list of color frames... I dont think we are getting the XBR3's at least not straight away.

this is confirmed by SONEX at Hobart. I asked about the piano black one and the guy looked through the list of color frames... I dont think we are getting the XBR3's at least not straight away.

Agreed - seems we are getting the UK equivalents - ie silver bezel as standard (other coloured bezels can be purchased separately).

I placed this on the other thread - apologies as it was price related - probably should have put it here.

Anyway - thanks to Voigtstr:

I followed his lead and...

Made some enquiries (re the X series) around the Hobart stores yesterday.

And the stores confirmed:

Expectation is a mid Oct release of the 40", 46" and the 52".

Initial prices (Cash or Credit card):

From SONY CENTRAL (Liverpool St - Hobart) quoted:

KDL40X2000 $4,800

KDL46X2000 $6,100

KDL52X2000 $8,700

Also:

The SONEX store in Hobart quoted:

KDL46X2000 $6,000

Note:

Harvey Norman and Clive Peters are also expecting them to be in stock in October, however no prices are available at this time.

Also received some spec sheets from the SONEX store - key items were as follows:

Screen Size: 52"; 46"; 40"

Integrated HD Digital Tuner: Yes; Yes; Yes

Resolution: 1920 x 1080p; 1920 x 1080p; 1920 x 1080p

Multipicture: Yes; Yes; Yes

HDMI Input: x2; x2; x2

Component Input: x3; x3; x3

Teletext/Cinema Drive/Light Sensor: Yes; Yes; Yes

Power Consumption: 330W; 260W; 220W

Dimensions (with stand): 1415x890x384; 1262x795x322; 1111x717x322

Dimensions (without stand): 1415x827x123; 1262x734x121; 1111x657x121

Weight (with stand): 54.5 kg; 41kg; 35kg

Weight (without stand): 47 kg; 36kg; 30kg

gimme a 42" panasonic HD plasma over those anyday

You're kidding aren't you? Why post this in a Bravia pricing thread.

I won't dignify any other response to your comment.

You call the Panasonic 42" High Def? Yeah right ok I suppose, if you're happy with a soft "HD" image.

It's ED at best - 1024x768, non square pixels.

:blink:

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I went and bought the 46" X Series Barvia last week and got it for $6390 with an extended 5 year warranty from Harvey Norman at Warrawong (NSW South Coast). They sales rep was more than happy to match a price I found on the internet and I could pay by cheque so no merchant fees.

Cheers

Looks like $5599 is the price to beat. Checked with a HN and JB in Melbourne Northern suburbs and both intimated that they could do that price when I was seriously looking. Makes me think something is going on re the pricing. Read somewhere on Avforum that the price of the X46 has dropped by 500 pounds due to the release of the new and cheaper Sharp True HD units. Obviously a marketing ploy by Sony to over shadow the Sharps release. May have a flow on effect in Oz.

Just read on Avforum that Sony UK are now releasing the 40X with a black bezel as a no cost option. Still have to pay for 46" and 52" versions though. But may change.

Something very weird going on with the pricing of these units. Went to 6 stores today getting prices. Asked if they could match the then lowest price of $5599. 2 out of 6 rolled over without a real wimper when price was mentioned. One wanted to contact seller to varify price but would match it. Other 3 would not budge lower than $5800. Extended warranties are another story. Ranged from $250 to $600. Looks like I've got to go back next week and hit them with the 'new' price. If anyone is seriously thinking of buying one of these please, DO NOT pay the ticketed price. If computer stores with 8 branches can sell them at the previous post's prices then, with the rebates stores like JB, HN and Clive Peters are getting off Sony, there is still a negotiable $100+ off the already reduced prices we are seeing. Quite possible that $5600 inc ext warranty will be a realistic price by the end of the month.

Using the prices I found people buying for in here and a couple of other forums...

I got Harvey Norman to price match - well actually they said they only would beat the price...

so I got a 40" X series two weeks ago for $4220 he also knocked a heap of extended warranty and cables.

Just noticed that Sony site states that the extended warranty can be taken out up to 90 days after the purchase of their LCD units. Does anyone know if this is the case with extended warranties taken out with JB, HN, Clive Peters etc, etc...

It pays to look at the computer store ads as well :blink:

Computer World Melbourne:

KDL40X2000 $4,399

KDL46X2000 $5,499

KDL52X2000 $7,899

Obviously anyone paying full retail price for any of these is being seriously ripped off...!

Be very, very careful with buying Sony stuff from Computer world. I don't think they're an official Sony retailer, so anything bought from there may not be recognised by Sony for any warranty purposes.

Be very, very careful with buying Sony stuff from Computer world. I don't think they're an official Sony retailer, so anything bought from there may not be recognised by Sony for any warranty purposes.

So where do they source the units from to be able to sell at these prices? :blink:

Judging by the range of Sony LCD's they advertised in last weeks Green Guide I'd say they're authorised to sell Sony.

What they're doing is probably holding no stock and only working off orders, which means you'll probably have to wait for your order to come from Sony and won't be able to get one on the spot.

Not a bad scenario at the moment. Spoke to Sony yesterday and apparently no stock arriving for 2 weeks anyway.

Has anyone ever dealt with this company? How was the experience?