Magico Ultimate II

I was in HK last week and visited Sound Chamber because Magico Ultimate II are there.

As I am a total "horn'er", I will not miss a chance to audition this creation, a beauty that represents both art and science.

Standing proud from floor to ceiling, ergonomically designed to please our eyes. For its size, it does not feel too large in the room, the colours of black and white silver cleverly hide it well.

Needless to say, the sound coming from Ultimate II is so effortless and fast. Almost like electrostatic but running full range.

L1002566.jpg

L1002564.jpg

L1002563.jpg

L1002559.jpg

L1002554.jpg

L1002553.jpg

Standing proud from floor to ceiling, ergonomically designed to please our eyes. For its size, it does not feel too large in the room, the colours of black and white silver cleverly hide it well.

You've got to be kidding JCR!

I reckon you could play hide and seek IN one

Did they integrate well at that relatively close listening position?

What size room minimum would these need would you say?

Gulp....:) Amazing looking speakers, but I am not sure whether SWMBO will agree....:)

There is one person, however, who thinks they are "flawed"...:) AN interesting read...

Mind you, I have never been enamoured of 'cats'....:love

P.S. Looks like he is using a pair of Magico M5's for surround speakers.....

cheers

2sheds

Edited by 2sheds

I was in HK last week and visited Sound Chamber because Magico Ultimate II are there.

As I am a total "horn'er", I will not miss a chance to audition this creation, a beauty that represents both art and science.

Needless to say, the sound coming from Ultimate II is so effortless and fast. Almost like electrostatic but running full range.

Hello There,

Nice pics-SC seems to have upgraded their Room since I was there a few years back-- I recall the "Buddha" gentleman demonstrating Wilson Slamms.

I guess they moved to Magico after falling out with David Wilson.

Frankly while I agree these Ultimates look the part and one can see the market they are aimed at I tend to agree with the other posters article from Romy the Cat on the Magicos.

Having sat at length with the Designer-a rather disagreeable chap unfortunately-- and heard the lesser models with Boulder Electronics and Sooloo Streamer I can state they are over priced/over rated and frankly prone to bring on Ringing in the ear--they seem to accent on bringing out the "Digital nasties" in Playback.

Maybe acceptable for Vinyl possibly but as an expensive transducer I'd pass there are far better out there.

End of Rant

Willco

Edited by Willco
Attachment

i don't see the beauty in them, sorry

suppose if i heard them, it may be a different story, but since i could never afford them they shall remain ugly

Hi JCR33, I've always follow your threads with great interest. Too bad you're not in Melbourne he..he..

Having such experience with different technology at different price point and even locations (That seattle house is awesome), what is your take on the difference between very expensive ($400,000!) equipment compared to let's say $20,000 or $30,000 counterparts?