Fujitsu 50 and 42 inch US model group buy

I think we should start drafting a "Group Buy - How to" guide, let me start with a few suggestings based on past experiences by forum members:

1. Never disclose the price in a public forum.

2. Never disclose the retailer in a public forum.

3. Obtain a commitment from anyone involved that they will not use the information provided to leverage their own private negotiations.

4. Get a concrete cut-off date from the retailer for final orders. No exceptions or excuses, you're either in, or you're out.

5. All correspondence is via email, the forum is just used to publicise the offering.

6. A willing co-ordinator must be selected, and they will need to understand the massive workload required to get it off the ground. This is probably the most difficult thing to achieve.

....any other suggestions? maybe we can get it pinned once we have it finalised.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should start drafting a "Group Buy - How to" guide, let me start with a few suggestings based on past experiences by forum members:

1. Never disclose the price in a public forum.

2. Never disclose the retailer in a public forum.

3. Obtain a commitment from anyone involved that they will not use the information provided to leverage their own private negotiations.

4. Get a concrete cut-off date from the retailer for final orders. No exceptions or excuses, you're either in, or you're out.

5. All correspondence is via email, the forum is just used to publicise the offering.

6. A willing co-ordinator must be selected, and they will need to understand the massive workload required to get it off the ground. This is probably the most difficult thing to achieve.

....any other suggestions?  maybe we can get it pinned once we have it finalised.

Mate this is all the advice we gave before but nobody seemed to listen

I thought this was one of the advantages of a forum being able to figure out the cheapest price available and save time dealing with a salesperson who is trying to rip me off. I just want a 50"us model fuji at the best price available and it looks like $7400 for the "ws" model ..........keep the prices coming (But the pioneer 50 is starting to look good with HDMI at only $6800). :blink:

I thought this was one of the advantages of a forum being able to figure out the cheapest price available and save time dealing with a salesperson who is trying to rip me off. I just want a 50"us model fuji at the best price available and it looks like $7400 for the "ws" model ..........keep the prices coming (But the pioneer 50 is starting to look good with HDMI at only $6800). :blink:

Yep thats the idea share prices and locations

Stick to your guns it looks like the US models are starting to come in

Publishing prices and locations on the forums are great for individual purchases, but with the huge discounts involved in Group Buys, it's not such a great idea.

Publishing prices and locations on the forums are great for individual purchases, but with the huge discounts involved in Group Buys, it's not such a great idea.

Yeah the one i ran on the Denon 2910 and 3910 was going great and a few people got a fantastic deal but then one big mouth thought it would be great to try and get the same price closer to home telling the retailer the the price and the GB retailers name.

Bang GB shut down in a matter on minutes

Stick to your guns it looks like the US models are starting to come in

Went and finally got a chance to see the 50 " WS Fujitsu ($8299) with the Ausid STB ($829) at Retravision Chatswood (Sydney) thanks to someone on the forum. Fantastic screen, even if I did have to watch Hi5 on channel 9 :blink:

Got the guy to ring Fujitsu for me to enquire about the 'US' screens - and they said 2-3 months. I guess it comes down to who you know!

J.

Mate much to my wifes distress i have the boxes to all my equipment even to a 12 year old Sony CD player

My latest gear that I bought of the beginning of the year - which I asked my wife to not throw out the boxes........ got back from a 10 day trip .... all boxes gone..... garage clean .... my wife sees boxes as junk...... irrespective of the box... unless is jewellery .... she keeps them all..... ARGGHHHHHHH!!1

Look forward to your review Scaven.  It is a shame after lots of hard work that these things happen.

Well I only got to watch it for about 2 hours, but it is really a brilliant screen.

I am using some pretty ordinary cables for component at the moment, will get some better ones today from jaycar, but the Ausid looks really good on it and I have to say I am surprised on how good Austar looks via S-Video.

There is so much to tweak in the settings that I only ended up increasing the drive contrast and putting the picture mode to fine and left everything at deafult (after playing around with it :blink: ).

Then there is the Oppo DVD player via HDMI...WOW it looks excellent in 720p and 1080i.

I still have a lot of tweking to do, since I got the Plasma my 5.1 Whatmough speakers and Oppo DVD player all yesterday so I think by the end of the weekend I should be able to give a more detailed review.

Cheers,

Scaven

pandemik and cv350

What's the status on your orders now that the Sydney deal has blown up in our faces?

Are they still sticking to the price?  :blink:

Is the delivery date still 3-4 weeks?

Given the recent developments on this front, I would prefer not to inadvertantly inflame the situation any further, as Im sure you can (all) understand.

Having said that, I am fully expecting all the parties involved to honour the original terms of the sale; I will of course be following up with the retailer to ensure this is the case.

Cheers :P

Guys check this out: http://www.arnnet.com.au/index.php?id=883813112&eid=-4152

With a quote (of many that can be directly compared to this situation)

"Retailers should be free to sell their goods at the prices they think is appropriate, not the price at which an importer might think is best," she said. "This penalty should send a message to directors and managers of companies that even engaging in anti-competitive conduct for a short period of time can result in significant consequences."

Hmmm interesting....

Basically, me ****ing about those companies whom I feel have wronged me, is not going to do any favours for anyone else. As such, I've removed my nasty post.

Thats cool i feel the same way

But in this case it seems all cool i feel it was the retailer in this case may have got a kick in the arse for not sticking to set markup guide lines.

So we have a confirmed $7400 on the table you guys should be building on that and setting the mark at that point and if the retailer does not want to play ball move on to the next until you do get it

Given that the Retravision store where I saw the 50" WS (?AS) Fujitsu plasma had a (non-special) sticker price of $8299, surely $7400 shouldn't be hard to negotiate once the US models are out. Obviously, if you are trying to bargain on a model that the store don't even have on the floor, they are much less likely to come to the party -

the salesperson just sees: demand >> supply = profiteering

J.

Guest peterpen

Hi Guys,

I am looking at purchasing the 42" US version Fuj

What do you think is a realistic purchase price for this unit if it apears to be possible to purchase the 50" for 7.4K.

This will give me something to aim at when it come time to negotiate.

Great thread.

Peter

Given that the Retravision store where I saw the 50" WS (?AS) Fujitsu plasma had a (non-special) sticker price of $8299, surely $7400 shouldn't be hard to negotiate once the US models are out. Obviously, if you are trying to bargain on a model that the store don't even have on the floor, they are much less likely to come to the party -

the salesperson just sees: demand >> supply = profiteering

J.

You have a very very good point there

Which remonds me when i was hunting down a Alpine commander head unit RRP was $1799 and because of real short supply no one would go below $1699 but i did end up finding it for $1299 and had it sent down from Sydney

Hi Guys,

I am looking at purchasing the 42" US version Fuj

What do you think is a realistic purchase price for this unit if it apears to be possible to purchase the 50" for 7.4K.

This will give me something to aim at when it come time to negotiate.

Great thread.

Peter

I would be trying for between $5000 to $5300 but no higer than $5500