Harmony Remote Control Owners & Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is a deal breaker for me.  I like being self sufficient and having to call a physical human to reprogram my gear is painful for the both of us. 

I've been contacted by a company as a result of this thread with what they say is a cost effective alternative to the Logitech, albeit far more powerful in its ability (if desired). I have a sample co

Not disagreeing with you at all. You’re absolutely right. It’s not a replacement for Logitech,  but in the absence of that I took the plunge on an ‘alternative’.    With the amount of gear I go

Dude go the guts and get the 880

I'm just gonna sit and wait for a few weeks until all the hype and backorders die down. Then I might be able to pick up an 885 from a European online store.

Even though I will probably never get Foxtel until they improve their PQ (highly unlikely) I just want to be different to the rest of you. :blink:

I'm just gonna sit and wait for a few weeks until all the hype and backorders die down. Then I might be able to pick up an 885 from a European online store.

Even though I will probably never get Foxtel until they improve their PQ (highly unlikely) I just want to be different to the rest of you.  :blink:

LOL

I like the ldea of the 885 because of the coloured buttons as they coniside with the coloured buttons on the Toshi HDD-J35 so i am wondering what buttons will be used on the 880

I am thinking about ordering the Harmony 880 from Bluedo, and was wondering has anyone that has bought a Harmony from overseas had to make a warranty claim and will Logitech Australia cover the warranty?

Mal

Mal,

This is the response from David at Bluedo...seems warranty is worldwide (hopefully):

Philip,

Logitech has offices worldwide, including Australia and New Zealand. The

warranty does not limit based on USA residence, in fact it doesn't mention

location at all. You shouldn't have problems should warranty service be

required.

Thank you,

David

www.BlueDo.com

FD13

Even though I will probably never get Foxtel until they improve their PQ (highly unlikely) I just want to be different to the rest of you.  :blink:

me too, I will then strong arm some friends in England to get an 885 sent to them for them to forward to me. And yes I have Poxtel digital with IQ.

Can someone confirm whether the 885 is available in the UK yet and if so where the best place to purchace it is? I'll get a buddy to pick one up for me and mail it if it is available and a reasonable price.

Can someone confirm whether the 885 is available in the UK yet and if so where the best place to purchace it is? I'll get a buddy to pick one up for me and mail it if it is available and a reasonable price.

I did a googlesearch and best price 179 pounds--$420. Might have to wait a while for price to come down!!

I did a googlesearch and best price  179 pounds--$420.  Might have to wait a while for price to come down!!

I saw it on one UK site for 127 pounds, but I can't remember the name.

Had my confirmation from Bluedo on the 880 not sure when it will arrive I guess 10 days as usual.

I haven't ordered one, haven't had confirmation, but am still believing for one in 10 days too! Maybe by Santa or the tooth fairy!!!! I have faith.....

Guest EZYHD

Because you started this thread and since then its got huge, maybe we should all chip in and get you one!, nah silly idea.

I did a googlesearch and best price  179 pounds--$420.   Might have to wait a while for price to come down!!

check the avforums in the uk, there is a review thread there and the price is about

135 pounds. Keep an eye on the thread as they find cheaper options. Still exxy but looks worth it :blink:

I would have thought Bluedo would send him one FOC for the business he has generated!

You guys are a generous bunch! Nah, I'll be happy with my 676 for the time being. It's going like a rocket, and even the wife and daughter have quit complaining, it's going so well.

I'm only guessing here, but the smallest you can get (150mA or so) would be MORE than enuff............

Austen.

I'd be making sure that you used a power pack with precisely the same voltage and current output specs as original. Lithium-ion batteries are notorious for being fussy with charging requirements. Wrong input voltage to the charger base could cause problems and lead to a damaged battery. Lithium-ion batteries usually aren't cheap either.

I'd be making sure that you used a power pack with precisely the same voltage and current output specs as original. Lithium-ion batteries are notorious for being fussy with charging requirements. Wrong input voltage to the charger base could cause problems and lead to a damaged battery. Lithium-ion batteries usually aren't cheap either.

For sure......

If anyone mis-understood what I said, tobes has put it well.

You MUST ensure that the output voltage on your plug-pack is the SAME as the output voltage on the original supplied one.

The current rating must also be at LEAST the same as the original, although of course, it can be any size LARGER than the original.

Austen.

I apologize, but a Logitech rep has requested we limit the discount provided on the new H880. This means that the coupon code H880-AusPB now offers a net "shipped" price of $200. (<--- Edited to $200, see my post below!)

Coupled with the extremely limited distribution of the H880, Logitech is really pulling the reins tight on this one. We're fully stocked right now, but distributors are again having trouble procuring these remotes.

Sorry for any incoveniences. We truly appreciate your business and are working hard to provide you with the best pricing available. If restrictions are loosened or removed, we'll adjust our coupon again and will definitely let you know promptly!

I apologize, but a Logitech rep has requested we limit the discount provided on the new H880.  This means that the coupon code H880-AusPB now offers a net "shipped" price of $225.

Coupled with the extremely limited distribution of the H880, Logitech is really pulling the reins tight on this one.  We're fully stocked right now, but distributors are again having trouble procuring these remotes.

Sorry for any incoveniences.  We truly appreciate your business and are working hard to provide you with the best pricing available.  If restrictions are loosened or removed, we'll adjust our coupon again and will definitely let you know promptly!

hmm DTV forums were obviously putting too much business Bluedo's way.... anyone else know of a retailer doing good prices?

I apologize, but a Logitech rep has requested we limit the discount provided on the new H880.  This means that the coupon code H880-AusPB now offers a net "shipped" price of $220.  (<--- Edited to $220)

Coupled with the extremely limited distribution of the H880, Logitech is really pulling the reins tight on this one.  We're fully stocked right now, but distributors are again having trouble procuring these remotes.

Sorry for any incoveniences.  We truly appreciate your business and are working hard to provide you with the best pricing available.  If restrictions are loosened or removed, we'll adjust our coupon again and will definitely let you know promptly!

Now guys, I just want to advise, there have been no free remotes supplied to me causing this price increase!!!! Another reason for me to stick with my 676!!! Enjoy

The story develops - The new price is $200, but we're running it as a "one day special" to appease our Logitech rep. It should last all weekend because Logitech is closed during the weekend, so we'll leave it as is and see what the resolution is on Monday. They're eluding that they might restrict sales to full MSRP soon. It's a big corporation and we're getting mixed signals right now, so I can't say what will happen next week. We're exhausted :-) and looking forward to the weekend.

so much for the land of the free, and all the BS we hear about the benefits of a competitive marketplace. Here in Australia, this sort of price fixing behaviour is illegal.

I will start my investigations into getting a group buy going on the 885 from a European retailer. Once I have some more info, I will post for expressions of interest in another thread.

so much for the land of the free, and all the BS we hear about the benefits of a competitive marketplace. Here in Australia, this sort of price fixing behaviour is illegal.

I will start my investigations into getting a group buy going on the 885 from a European retailer. Once I have some more info, I will post for expressions of interest in another thread.

ill def be in on a buy from somewhere else for the 885 :blink:

It's illegal in America as well.

Can't you get around this by doing one of your "open box specials"?

Then you are effectively not selling them as new, and the Logitech rep can't complain about prices in the "second hand" market.

Guest EZYHD

Am I missing something here re the 880 - $200 AUD I take it plus $33USD freight ads up to what most of us paid around $260AUD or is he saying $200USD?.

The story develops - The new price is $200, but we're running it as a "one day special" to appease our Logitech rep.  It should last all weekend because Logitech is closed during the weekend, so we'll leave it as is and see what the resolution is on Monday.  They're eluding that they might restrict sales to full MSRP soon.  It's a big corporation and we're getting mixed signals right now, so I can't say what will happen next week.  We're exhausted :-) and looking forward to the weekend.

Hrmm we have laws against this sort of thing in Australia.... I mean Logitech pressuring you by the way.

Good thing I ordered mine when it was $167 :blink:

Sorry Foghorn17 beat me to it!

It's illegal in America as well.

What I am more interested in is, 'Why can't you sell the 885 when there is obviously quite a huge demand here'. By not letting you sell the 885, Logitech is driving a part of your customer base away. You have an international clientiele, so surely you must be allowed to stock all models to suit your vast variety of customers. What's more, by not allowing you to sell the 885, it reduces competition. And that is illegal too...surely!

Cheers.

EDIT: So much for the country of the free indeed when you can't sell what you want as long as it is not an illegal good.